Status: complete!

More Than Just Curious

Chapter Three

Frank’s P.O.V

I can’t believe what just happened. I shouldn’t have been in such a rush to get dressed. If I hadn’t been then I wouldn’t have just dropped my boxers down, leaving myself exposed. I shouldn’t be too worried though. Gerard hadn’t said anything to me about it, so maybe he didn’t see.

“Frank,” Gerard said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Once were done getting dressed, we need to jog around the gym three times…” he told me trailing off. Great way of not making me nervous.

“Yeah, yeah okay. Gerard?” I asked him. I had to know now if he had seen me in the locker room. I decided I was just going to ask now, and save myself the worrying.

“Yeah?” he asked me looking forward and heading over to the side of the gym. I took a straggled breath and began slowly walking after him.

“Uh, never mind,” I decided walking up after him. If he didn’t see it, asking him if he’d seen it would make him think it. That’s just as bad.

He nodded his head and continued to walk. Once we were at the side we had to wait for everyone else to walk out here and get lined up. It was silent for a moment; I had never really liked silence. Especially when you knew there was something to talk about. I looked over to Gerard and he was just standing there, starring at the wall in front of us. He didn’t seem very talkative right now. He looked very deep in thought

All of a sudden; I heard a loud whistle, which knocked me out of my thoughts. That’s when I had just realized that the kids were already out here and standing in the line. I sighed and tried to listen in on what Mr. Hill was attempting to tell us but I just couldn’t. I was lost in my own world and nothing could interrupt me now. The teacher blew his whistle again. Except maybe that.

We all started on the jog and I tried to keep a steady pace, but couldn’t help but trip over my feet a few times.

“So Frank, where did you come from?” I heard Gerard ask me as he struggled to stay beside me. I slowed down my pace for him.

“Well I came from Newark, but my mom said that she wanted to be closer to the place she worked at so we had to move out here.” I explained to him, struggling to breathe and talk at the same time.

“How did you like your old school? Is it better than this one?” He asked me. I’m guessing that he’s trying to get to know me better, which I can’t complain about.

“Truth is my old school was absolutely horrible. People were jerks; I mean they were like complete assholes. They always called me ‘fag’ and ‘emo’ or shoving me into lockers. The worst thing they probably ever did to me was when they locked me in the supply closet in the art room after school. Luckily, there was a janitor there that night, so he let me out but I was there for hours. So, to answer your second question, this school is a hell of a lot better than my last school.” I told him, his face turning into a shocked expression.

“Wow, I’m so sorry Frank. God that sounds horrible- I promise that I will not let anyone hurt you like that in this school. I promise,” Gerard told me holding out his pinky finger to me. “Pinky promise,” He told me. It was difficult to do since we were jogging but we did it, but seconds after I tripped over my own feet and began to tumble down to the floor.

“Fuck!” I exclaimed as I fell straight down on my face. I couldn’t get my hands in front of me fast enough.

“God Frank are you okay?” Gerard asked as he hurried over to me and lent down on his knees and extended his hand out to me, I hurriedly grabbed his hand and was hoisted up.
I nodded my hand feebly as Gerard took his other hand and patted down some dirt that was now on the gym clothes that he let me borrow. His hand was still grasping mine when we heard laughter erupt in the room. I looked over to the other side of the gym to see about three guys standing there, pointing to us and laughing.

“Look at the fags! Gerard’s finally got himself a little boy toy!” exclaimed one of the guys that was standing across the room. He was the obvious definition of a jock. He had blonde hair and was tall and lean, and very muscular.

“Fuck you Tom! I have a fucking girlfriend, dick!” Gerard shouted out to him, grasping my hand tighter, not letting it go.

“Yeah, we all know you got a girlfriend Way, but we also all know that she’s just a cover up,” another guy spoke up. He had brown hair and was fairly shorter and skinnier than the other one and had probably no muscles on him.

Gerard’s lips quivered as if he were about to say something but that annoying whistle was being blown. I inwardly sighed and looked over to see the gym teacher standing there, face red and just fuming.

“Way! Iero! Get over here!” Mr. Hill screamed, pointing down to the ground in front of him. “Everyone else, do your stretches and start picking people for dodge ball!” he bellowed.

“Sorry,” Gerard whispered to me as he dropped my hand and began the walk over to the ‘homophobic’ teacher. I nodded my head in a reply and walked with him side by side to the teacher.

As soon as we reached him, his anger was a lot more noticeable. In all honesty, he was actually kind of scaring me.

“Want to explain to me what that was?” Mr. Hill seethed looking at us back and forth, giving us death stares.

If I wasn’t already practically cowering behind Gerard I would be taking off right now. But, Gerard stood in front of me and did all the talking.

“I was helping him up because he fell. Since when does that count as a PDA?” Gerard asked him, looking back at me momentarily to check my expression. I just smiled weakly at him.

“Since you stood there holding his hand afterward. Then, after you went off on Tom and Caleb, it got even worse. You need to watch your language Mr. Way. You’re lucky I don’t get you stuck in detention.” Mr. Hill said, staring Gerard down like he was a piece of meat.

“With all due respect sir the boys said something to Gerard first. He was just defending us and I think that those guys have crossed the line. They didn’t need to call Gerard or me any of those things. I think it’s all just stupid.” I spoke up. Mr. Hill glared over at me with hawk eyes.

“I don’t recall seeing that, but since it’s your first day, I’ll let you off with a warning. I don’t want to see that happening again, Mr. Iero. You guys can go get changed now, class is almost over.” He told us, dismissing us with a wave of his hand.

“I’m sorry,” Gerard told me again as we walked our way to the locker rooms. I wasn’t mad or in the least bit upset.

“Its fine Gerard, I’m not mad. He sounds like an asshole anyway.” I told him giggling. He smiled at me and held open the locker room door.

“You know that I still have a ton of questions to ask right?” Gerard asked me, smiling at me kindly. I laughed and smiled back.

“I figured that much, but I also have some questions to ask you myself,” I told him sliding off the pants I was wearing, managing to keep on my boxers.

“I figured that much,” he laughed back at me. I smiled at him and continued to change my clothes before the other guys got in here.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?:)