Status: complete!

More Than Just Curious

Chapter Five

Frank’s P.O.V

‘Do you have a girlfriend?’ The sentence kept playing over and over in my mind like a broken record. ‘Do you have a girlfriend?’ Like tiny daggers piercing at my heart and tearing my flesh. I let the tears fall. They were silent tears; I tried not to make them noticed. I wiped them away as they came; only to have new ones formed in their place. I felt regret and guilt form at the pit of my stomach. I replayed the event in my head.

“Whoa Frank, you okay?” I heard Gerard ask me. I didn’t answer and kept my head down. I couldn’t let anyone see me like this. I am broken.

I heard the squeaking of chairs as their legs slid across the tile floor. I heard the mumbles of the rest of the guys as they began to sit down. I heard them ask if I was okay. I didn’t reply. I just stood up and walked abruptly out of the cafeteria and into the restrooms.

I walked into the last stall and locked it before setting the toilet seat down and curling up into a ball on it, letting my tears fall. I cried about the memories that came flooding back to me. I just broke down in tears, feeling sorry for myself, sorry for her. I was too held up in my emotions that I didn’t hear the bathroom door open. I also didn’t notice when a person knocked my door in.

“Well, well, well! If it isn’t the little emo fuck!” Tom shouted at me, his breath fowl. “What a surprise to see you here, crying like the little faggot you are. What’s the matter? Your boyfriend break up with you?” he seethed at me, hatred just dripping from his voice.

I said nothing to him as he walked in and picked me up by my shirt collar, making me immediately stand up. I just stood there staring at him in the eyes, waiting for him to do something.

“You going to answer me fag?” he yelled as he shook me violently. I cringed at his voice and said nothing to him. He spat on my face before throwing me to the floor, just missing the toilet by an inch.

He starred down at me with a sickening smirk on his face. I don’t see how he could do this to a person. It was so animalistic, so wild. He smiled down at me as he kicked me in the ribs, hard. I groaned in pain and tried to roll over so that he couldn’t kick me again. But that didn’t stop him before he kicked me in the ribs once more before going down on the ground and punching me in the face.

He kept on hitting and punching me until he was soon interrupted by a voice calling out to me. I was glad that he followed.

“Frank, are you in here?” Gerard called out to me as he walked into the bathroom. I heard him walking down the stalls, one by one. I made a groaning noise so that he would be able to hear me.

“Frank? Is that you?” he asked as I saw his feet stepping closer and closer to me. That’s when I heard the door being flown open.

“What the fuck!?” I heard Gerard scream, before a weight was being lifted off my torso. I looked up to see Gerard holding Tom up by his shirt, his right hand balled up into a fist.

I watched as Gerard pulled back his arm and struck Tom, right dab in the nose. I heard a sickening crack before I saw Tom fling his hands up to his now bleeding nose. I heard him groan in pain as he fell to the floor. But Gerard wasn’t finished there. He stood over Tom and shook his head before kicking him in the gut, which made Tom groan in protest.

Gerard didn’t look like himself, he looked different. He looked like an animal. He got down to Toms level and was about to punch him in the face once more. But I decided that I should stop him now before things get too carried away.

“Gerard, stop its okay.” I told him regretfully. He looked up at me with questioning eyes. I nodded my head and he sighed, standing up once more and walking over to me.

“You okay Frank?” he asked me, helping me up off the floor. I nodded, unable to form some words at the moment.

Gerard took me over to the sink and moistened a paper towel before gently rubbing it all over my bleeding face. I mumbled the occasional ouch and cuss words as he cleaned up my cuts. I looked up at him as he worked on getting some dry blood off of my lips. I was so grateful to have a friend like him.

I barley even noticed when Tom stood up and stumbled his way out of the bathroom, not saying a single word or even a glance in our direction. It was fairly silent in the bathroom. I decided I should probably thank Gerard for helping me out.

“Hey Gerard, I just wanted to say thanks for uh the Tom thing, it was really nice of you,” I told him. I was being truthful. No one at my old school was ever that nice to me.

“No problem Frank,” Gerard told me smiling. “I did say I was going to watch your back. I won’t let anyone be mean to you and get away with it.” He told me. I couldn’t help but smile. I might just like this school after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment, i wanna hear your thoughts on this.