Crazy Beautiful

Wet

After hearing the silence from Brian I didn’t exactly know what to think. He seemed to roll with the punches, but that was the Brian I knew then. Maybe after the many years he’d just changed.

I stand up and walk over to Brian sweetly and kissing him before apologizing for hitting him with the soda can. I really could kill Matt for this, but instead I turn towards him and glare. When I turned back towards Brian a smirk appeared on his thin, kissable lips as he sighed. I felt my mind wonder on where this was going to go. Knowing Brian made it hard to determine whether it was okay or not.

“You know what I have to do now?” he asked and I stepped back shaking my head

“I suggest it be nothing inappropriate, we are in public!” Zacky shouted from behind us

“For once Zee, I wasn’t thinking dirty, but now you mention it. I think Riley needs to get a little wet.”

I take a step back unsure of what embarrassing thing Brian was planning on doing. We were in public like Zacky had said. And if he had meant the kind of wet my inappropriate mind was thinking then I was screwed. But before I can walk even three steps Brian has his arms wrapped around my waist and then hoisting me over his shoulder. Then it registers as everyone hollers at us from our spot.

Brian was going to dunk me in the water. I started hitting his back but my tiny fists had no power in stopping him as he continued his leisurely walk towards the crashing waves on the surf.

“Brian, please, if you loved me you wouldn’t do this.” I whined to him and once he was in water up his knees he stopped.

I thought he was going to show me mercy.

“I know…” he says I smiled to myself thinking I had won “but it’s only fair.” He says

I felt the water splashing up around me and him laughing at me for even thinking I had him whipped. I just sat there and crossed my arms in front of my chest and glared up at him. He reached his hand down to help me up and I smacked it away standing upon my own.

The smile on his face vanished and he quickly apologized to me saying he’d do anything to make me happy again. I simply smiled and said I already got what I wanted and that was for him to show that he was in fact whipped. And I ran back to the group.

“Oh, Riley! That was not fair at all.” He yells out at me

I stop halfway running to the group before turning around and sticking my tongue out at him jokingly. Then when I turned facing the group my heart fell to the pit of my stomach and I stood still. I was overtaking by fear so much I hadn’t even heard Brian calling out my name. I was brought out of my fear when I felt Brian wrap his arms securely around my waist. He kissed my neck gently as I found it hard to breathe.

“Riley, are you okay?” he asked spinning me to face him

“No,” I mumble and shake my head “Adam is here.”

I watched Brian’s face turn to stone in a matter of moments and look up where I was last looking. I breathed in and out slowly trying to find my safe place inside so I could calm Brian down from his anger. I needed him to stay just as safe as me. I was so happy being with him, I didn’t want anything to change. I sigh before turning around and searching for the familiar face. He was gone though. It was like he vanished after being seen.

“Brian I may have just been seeing things.” I say trying to calm him down

“Sure, just stay close to me. I’d feel better if you did.” He admits before kissing me tenderly on my lips.

I was lucky to have a man like Brian in my life. He was so sweet and he knew how to look out for me when I really needed it. We intertwined our fingers before walking back to the group. I kept stopping to pick up brightly colored shells along the way back. I had an obsession with the shells on the beaches. I just thought the different colors were beautiful.

The girls came up to me and Brian before saying they were going to steal me for a while and walk along the pier and maybe buy a few odd and ends. I smiled nodding my head liking the idea. I looked over at Brian and realized that he didn’t like me being away when I had said Adam was around. I just sighed and brushed my hair from my eyes.

“Brian, you know I’ll be okay.” I said quietly

“I just worry. Don’t get mad because I care.” He says back

“I know, and I’m not getting mad either, but let me live a little. I’ll be with the girls you know we can handle our own.” I say confidently

He nods his head agreeing with me. I smile widely up and him before he leans down and kisses me. I pull away from the quick peck and hooked arms with Val. The walk to the pier was short and it seemed even shorter with all the conversation. Walking up to the pier I felt like eyes were on me. You know that feeling when you just feel like someone is behind you and watching you, but you turn around and no one is paying even the slightest bit of interest towards you, which was how I felt.

“Oh! Look at this bracelet, Riley.” I heard Lacey exclaim at me

I look down at the bracelet in Lacey’s hand and it was very pretty. It was a silver solid round bracelet. It had a charm dangling from the bracelet. The charm was a small silver heart, but it was tinted with red. I loved it actually. I picked up another and saw that it had a different charm to it and even color. I finally decided on a bracelet that was round but it ended in a row of flowers. It was all silver of course and it was cheaper than I expected. After walking the whole pier we went back to the boys and spent the rest of the day relaxing at the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann