Crazy Beautiful

See You Again

I applied the red lipstick on my plump lips as I got ready for my date with Jordan. It’d been two weeks since he originally asked and there was no more putting it off anymore. I had to do what I felt was right. I sighed running my fingers through my curled blonde hair and my mind drifted to Brian and mines first date. He was more romantic than he let on. He simply told me the other girls didn’t deserve his A-game like I did. I noticed a huge grin spread across my face when I thought about him. Rolling my eyes at my stupidity I smoothed my hands down the front of my outfit. I wore a black shirt with a white lace topping that covered my shoulders and a pair of light jeans with black stilettos.

I turned away from the bathroom and walked into my new bedroom. I walked across the room brushing my recently purchased sky blue comforter as I did walk by. I walked down the small staircase and into my living room. I had set my purse on the couch earlier and I placed my lipstick into the black bag. I sat on the white couch and kicked my feet back on the coffee table and flicked on my television. I was only waiting for Jordan to show up.

Our date was to start at six and it was already six ten, Brian would’ve been here ten minutes early. He was in fact ten minutes early for our first date. Brian showed me he could actually not be a womanizing pig that night. He dressed nicely and brought a bouquet of daisies and lilies. He drove her to her favorite Italian restaurant. It was a nice evening and she even had kept a flower in her favorite poem book.

A knock on the door gained Riley’s attention and she walked towards it with her purse in hands after turning the T.V off. She opened the door and came face to face with Jordan’s bright smile and livid blue eyes.

“You look nice,” He said sheepishly. Brian would’ve said she looked radiant.

“Thanks,” She comments and heads out the door before closing it and locking it.

"We’re going to a good seafood restaurant.” Jordan explains and Riley has to hide her face of disgust.

“Great,” She mumbles out smiling at him.

She absolutely hated seafood and had even told Jordan that once before. She knew he wouldn’t be interested in the detail enough to remember, but she knew Brian still knew she hated the food. She only ever enjoyed Tilapia and only when Brian cooked it in butter and lemon juice. I was allergic to certain seafood and the rest just made me queasy.

We pulled up to the restaurant which was located on the shoreline and it overlooked the water. It was nice, but I knew Brian would’ve done better. I was having a hard time not comparing Brian and Jordan at this time. Jordan was clean cut and put together. Brian would’ve settled for a nice white V-neck, torn jeans, a leather jacket, spiked hair and aviators. It was what I liked about Brian Haner. He really didn’t give a fuck what other liked. He was going to do what he liked. It didn’t pain me anymore when I thought about Brian. I only missed him more. I was planning on giving him a call later this week. He had been hounding me lately about news and I knew it was important because our friends were telling me I needed to talk to him.

The hostess shows us our table which isn’t too fancy. It wasn’t even outside like I would’ve liked. Jordan claimed it’d be too humid and sticky to enjoy. I was seeing how much he and I didn’t mix. The waitress asked for our orders and she even flirted a bit with Jordan. I remember when Brian took me out the first time. We had been waited on by an ex of his that was being rude and he claimed they get their food to go and took me to the spot I’d come to enjoy. It was the spot in the sand where his house was so close to. I had visited many times since I’ve been here in Huntington.

“Are you enjoying your coconut shrimp?” Jordan asks me and I nod my head.

“Are you enjoying whatever you’re eating,” I ask before rudely commenting on how gross it looks.

“Yeah,” He mumbles before a look of realization washed over him, “You hate seafood.”

He just shrugs afterwards and I could hit this guy in the face. Brian had taken me to the beach to watch the waves lap over each other. He even slow danced with me in the dark at the beach. We lay back in the soft and cool sand as we looked up at the stars. He told me stories of the stars constellations and I was so in love with him. He kissed me slowly and passionately and promised he’d never love another person the way he loves me. He brought my hand up to his chest when I gave him a doubtful look and promised me that his heart would only keep beating if I were around.

I finally realize I have been all wrong about this situation. I needed to go home now and call Brian and talk to him. I tell Jordan that Leana just went into labor and that I had to be there. It wasn’t that farfetched since Leana was nearly eight and a half months pregnant. I asked for him to take me home now and he obliged as he quickly paid for the check. I didn’t feel bad for not paying because this date was awful, but I owed Jordan for showing me that I was already made for someone else.

I was made to love and to be loved by Brian. And no matter how hard I tried fighting it I had to admit that our hearts would only beat for the other. He understood me when I made no sense and rambled. I had to go to him now and tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann