Virus

How it all began

Everything changed when my dad came home sick. He had a high fever and said his bones ached. I didn't think anything of it until I heard my mom screaming for me to run later that night. The sound of something snarling could be heard though the halls from my parents room. I was at my bedroom window trying to figure out how to jump down, when the floor creaked behind me. I turned and saw a wolf, but it was bigger than any wolf I've seen out on the woods or in a zoo. It filled my doorway it's back brushing the doorframe.

It drew back it's lips showing blood covered fangs. I scream as it lunged at me. It's claws cut across my chest and I was pushed out the window. I remember falling, it was like the world slowed. I saw the wolf try to push itself out the window after me but it's large body couldn't fit. Then I heard a snap. Pain ran through my body and everything went black.

I woke up to fire, my body burned from my chest out. I couldn't make a sound and soon everything felt like it was burning. Then I was in a dark place. Everything was cool and quiet and I finally thought I died.

When i woke up a second time I was met by a pair of unseeing eyes. I was in a alley, the smell of garbage and blood was so strong it made me dizzy. The alley was splattered in red and darker pieces. A human body layed in front of me ripped to shread like a animal had gotten ahold of it.

I looked at myself and saw my hands covered in blood but instead of wanting to clean myself off I wanted to lick my hands clean. My stomach rumbled and I shook myself getting to my feet and running. I ran until I collapsed, until my lungs and body couldn't take it anymore. I lay on the forest floor not even realizing how I got there. I stayed there until the sun rose in the dark sky and warmed my body. I didn't move when I heard foot steps coming closer, just closed my eyes hoping that they would ignore me.

"Poor little wolf, infected and still have a human body." I looked up at a man that seemed to be in his mid 20s. Though something wasn't right. Something in me told me that he was like me but I didn't know what I was.

"Let me warn you little wolf, you will crave human fleash. It will make your stomach clench in hunger and your mouth water for the warm blood. One scratch from you can turn a human into you so be careful who you play with." He said before he glided into the woods. It didn't take me long to understand what he ment, though it took me years to learn to control myself and learn about what I truly was.