Boy Crush

Last Look

"I needed someone and he was there!" I yelled to Zeke. We were both in the five story parking lot, the third floor. He walked faster and faster and I trailed behind shouting.

"So what? I'm not there for you?" he shouted. He didn't stop walking or turn back.

"You're here, now. That's what's important."

"So's Raul."

"Raul isn't you."

"Is that why you like him?" he asked. He stopped walking and faced me. His eyes were watery and his lips trembled.

"No."

"Is he better or stronger or. . .dammit! Rex!"

His hands flew from here to there. He was mad. It as my fault.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Raul wasn't better in than Zeke. This wasn't good and bad, this was black and white: neither side was better. But one did get more hut than the other. This was the second time I made him mad. And it wasn't Raul's fault, it was my need, my selfishness's fault. "If you fall in love with two people, pick the second one, because if he wasn't worth it, then you would have stayed with the first."

I slip the ring off my finger and held it in my hand. Zeke looked up, his tears leaving trails on his cheeks, his eyes red and his face was in confusion and sadness.

"What?" he whispered. "I didn't want this."

"You want to get hurt all the time?"

"Are you planning on hurting me?" he managed to compose his face and voice, but his eyebrows pulled together and is eyes watered again.

"I don't know what I'm planning, right now." I said. I grabbed his hand and put the gold ring in it. I turned away and walked back a few steps. Before I entered the elevator to go down, I looked back at Zeke. He was walking slowly to his car.

As the door closed, I got one last glimpse of his back. The last I would ever see of him. But I didn't know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh.
Sorry it's taking forever.
I'm not going to lie, I've been hooked to tumlbr.
You guys have to join.
Follow me if you want:
tonyfreak.tumblr.com