Status: Active! (updating as often as I can)

Resistance Is Useless

The New Sound...Guy?

1.
Jack

I was on my way to Alex’s house with my duffel bag full of clothes in the backseat of my car. Tomorrow was the first day of tour, even though it seemed like the last one had just ended. Everyone was meeting at Alex’s today, to get all the equipment ready before the bus showed up.
I was the last one to arrive at Alex’s, just like always. I pulled up to the curb in front and took the key out of the ignition. I sat there in silence for a moment, until I saw our tour manager, Matt, walk out the front door with his keys in his hand, yelling something about not getting drunk until everything was packed. I laughed to myself, knowing exactly whom he was talking to. I watched Matt pull out of the driveway, waving to him as he passed me. Once he turned the corner, I opened my door and stepped out of the car.
With some difficulty, I carried my overflowing duffel bag up the stone steps and inside, and dumped it near the coat closet.
“ALEX!” I yelled as I ran to tackle him onto the loveseat he was standing in front of.
“Sup,” he asked rhetorically as I squished him into the chair. It had only been 10 days since I’d last seen my best friend, but it felt like forever.
“How excited are you for this tour?!” I asked enthusiastically as I climbed off of Alex.
“Pretty fucking excited. Gonna be one hell of a party,” He replied as he walked toward the kitchen, where Zack sat, looking at his phone.
“Awesome. Is Hey Monday here yet?” I asked as I followed him.
“Yeah, they’re somewhere around here. I saw Rian and Cassidy walk off together, so it might be a while before we see either of them…” Alex chuckled. Zack and I both laughed in response.
“Did Matt tell you what the new sound guy’s name is?” Alex asked Zack.
“New sound guy? Is Jeff dead?” I asked jokingly.
“Nah. Him and Evan were just complaining about how there’s too much work for two people, so Matt called one of his friends to come and help ‘em on tour. “ Zack answered, “I think his name’s Andy.”
“Cool,” I replied quietly. Suddenly we all looked up, towards the creak of the front door opening. I expected it to be Matt, but whoever was standing in the doorway was definitely not Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here goes nothing! comment please! I wanna know what you think :)
I've written the first couple chapters of this story and I'm pretty excited about it :D