Status: Active! (updating as often as I can)

Resistance Is Useless

White Lies

23.
Andy

I stepped onto the bus timidly, with Jack close behind me. I paused for a moment at the door to see if I could hear anyone talking in the front lounge. It was quiet, so I stepped inside. But of course, it wasn't empty, and the one person I wanted to see least was sitting there.
"Andy!" Alex exclaimed with relief as soon as he saw me. I looked up, and gave him an unenthusiastic smile.
"Alright well, I'll be in my bunk if you need me..." Jack said as he stepped around me.
"No!" I almost yelled, grabbing his hand and stopping him. My eyes briefly landed on Alex, who was trying to conceal the hurt on his face. "I mean... You don't have to go if you don't want to..." I covered, still watching Alex.
"Nah, that's okay," Jack said. He dropped my hand, gave Alex and I both a big smile, and walked out of the room. I sighed and turned to Alex, who immediately smiled back at me. He sighed before speaking.
"Listen, Andy I'm really—"
"—Alex," I interrupted, "You don't need to apologize. It's okay," I said. I took a step in the direction of the bunks, but Alex grabbed my hand and stopped me.
"No, it’s not. I acted like a giant dick to you and I'm sorry. There was absolutely no reason for it. And I hope you realize that I didn't mean anything I said," Alex said. I took my hand out of his and shoved it into the pocket of my jeans.
"I know. I didn't mean any of it either, and I'm sorry too. I just don't get where it all came from,"
"Well, I just..." he hesitated for a moment, and looked at the door to the bunks before looking back at me. "I just really miss Lisa..." he paused and watched my face for a few seconds before continuing, “and I guess seeing you guys making out last night just... made me miss her even more, and it hurt. So I took my emotions out on you. Which was really shitty of me,"
"Aw, Alex! It’s okay,” I grabbed his hand again, “You could always call her. I'm sure she misses you too. And if you still have feelings for her, maybe she does too," I encouraged.
"You know… maybe I will call her," he said. I nodded and smiled.
"So you're not mad anymore?" he asked sheepishly.
“No. You’re forgiven," he stepped forward and pulled me into a tight hug, with my head only reaching his chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled.
“Alex?” I asked against him.
“Yeah?”
“Thank you for being so honest with me.” Alex didn’t answer, which I found a little odd. I loosed my arms to look up at him when no answer came, but he pulled me back to his chest. He probably just got emotional or something and didn’t want me to see. What a softy.

* * *

Jack.

"Why'd you lie to Andy about why you were mad?" I asked Alex. We were the last two off the bus, and heading inside the venue.
"Cause her knowing that I have feelings for her isn't gonna do anything but make her (and your) life harder, so there was really no reason for me to tell her the truth," he explained.
"Do you actually miss Lisa though?"
"Yeah. I do,"
"Are you actually gonna call her?"
"I was thinking about it,” Alex stopped walking and glared at me. “Were you just standing behind the door the entire time, listening?"
"No! Don’t be ridiculous!" I replied sarcastically as i swiped my hand through the air dramatically.
"Why'd you even bother to leave the room?" Alex raised one of his eyebrows.
"Cause then how would I have told the guys what was going on so they could listen too?" I asked rhetorically. Alex rolled his eyes at me jokingly.
"Come on," he said, walking ahead of me, "I need to be AT LEAST a little bit drunk before we go on tonight."
"Fuck yeah!" I yelled in agreement, and have Alex a high five.
♠ ♠ ♠
have a chapter!
I volunteered at a mud volleyball tournament today to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation, and I got COVERED in mud. And i wasn’t even playing! I was the ref. Like half the people there were drunk and more just flopping around in the mud than actually playing volleyball. And it kinda reminded me of Alex and Jack. Not gonna lie. it was fun though.
so, because I told you that cool story, would you like to leave me a comment in return? I also still need to know what you think about a sequel to this. I’m gonna need AT LEAST 7 yes’s to do it. and i have one so far. lemme know what you’re are thinking!
I love you all my voluptuous readers!