Status: SCHOOL TIME IS BUSY. I'M SORRY. I LOVE YOU. I'LL GET BACK WHEN I HAVE TIME. I SHOULD TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK NOW.

Bad Boys & True Love

Nove

When I walked downstairs, Christina was sulking on my couch looking like a prima donna. I barely noticed that she was intentionally staring down the wall and avoiding my eyes at all costs.

To be honest, I’d already forgotten why she was mad. All I could remember was suddenly wearing a pretty dress in front of Sean and then him rejecting me.

Christina hmph’d, still not looking at me. I sighed at sat down next to her, automatically resting my head on her shoulder, wanting affection in some shape or form. She tensed for a moment, but then she realized that something was obviously wrong besides our petty argument.

She wrapped a warm arm around my shoulder. “Stell, what’s wrong?” she asked.

“I’m ugly and stupid,” I mumbled. “And I complain a lot.”

Christina laughed. I guess misery loves company but it’s not visa versa. I sniffled and she rubbed my back soothingly. “I like my dress,” I added. “It’s really cute.” My voice shook.

God! This is why I should never, ever, ever talk to boys again. They all sucked and made me feel like shit. Worse than shit.

Something suspiciously sounding like a chuckle rumbled in the base of her throat. Christina was one with many emotions—some that I didn’t even know existed—but sadness wasn’t one of them. She jumped up, leaving me to fall on my side, a giant smirk on her face. “I told you the dress was hot! Now let’s go so I can get shit-faced in an appropriate setting!”

I looked up at her. “Sean rejected me.”

Puzzlement overcame her happy-go-lucky expression. “Sean? When’d you talk to Sean?”

“Like five minutes ago. He threw a rock at my window and wanted to know if I was busy, so I invited him to the bonfire. He said no,” I explained miserably.

“What?!” she shrieked like this had happened to her personally. “But you two were totally chumming it up last time I saw you…” She looked at me oddly. “You know what, Stellanator, I say fuck ’im! He may he one hot piece of ass, but he’s not worth your time.”

Christina grabbed me by my wrists and heaved me up. I wasn’t used to wearing heels, so it took me a second to find balance and not fall over and twist my ankle. I know I’m vertically-challenged and all, but I’m thinking that heels are seriously a mistake. Actually, it sounds downright idiotic to wear them to a bonfire. “I think I’ll change into my gladiator sandals or my Toms…” I mumbled and tried to walk around her.

She shook her head spastically, gripping my shoulders. She looked down at me sternly. “Sometimes you have to make sacrifices,” she told me. “And I think Drew will be impressed. I mean, you don’t want him under the impression that you’re just a little kid crashing his bonfire, do you?”

“Screw you!” I retorted and she laughed. I glared up at her irritably; I can make fun of myself all I want, but its different when someone else does it. Even Christina.

“What I’m saying,” she said, ignoring my fuming, “is that Drew will totally drool when he sees you. Because you’re wearing a sexy dress and sexy, ass-kicking heels. Now let’s go.”

“Fine,” I relented. “But if I get injured in these, you’re so not coming to my ballet recital!”

*

The bonfire turned out to be behind Drew Buchanan’s house. I was surprised as anybody when we pulled up and Mike explained that this was where his cousin lives. Now, I never got the impression that he was poor or anything—even if he did chose to wear worn-out clothes—but this house was no house. It was a motherfucking mansion.

I gaped at it. “Holy—”

“—Shit,” Christina agreed. She latched onto Mike. “This place is huge, baby.”

Mike grinned down at her. “Yeah, I guess. They’ve got a few acres and there’s a creek in the back, so the party’s down there. The best part is that there are no neighbors around for a least a mile or two.”

Christina laughed giddily. I had to admit that even I was feeling better after being faced with such a killer party.

I looked up at the house again. Drew was one lucky son-of-a-bitch, that’s for sure. “So if the bonfire’s a few acres back…how are we getting there?” I looked to Mike for answers.

He chewed on her bottom lip for a second. “Well, I guess we can take my truck.”

“And everyone else?” I asked.

Mike shrugged. “They walk.” Christina laughed loudly.

My eyebrows mashed together. “Sucks,” I commented and he started the truck again, running right off the driveway. It was a good thing that Drew didn’t live in the hill country and that is was all just grass. Still, you had to worry about snakes around here.

It only took us a couple of minutes to reach the fire. We had passed a people and let the jump into the bed, and saw that others had the same idea of bringing cars down here when there were several trucks and a few Jeeps. Twenty or thirty other people were around, sitting around and talking, or swaying to someone’s car radio turned to the max, and everyone had red plastic cups in their hands.

I hopped out and walked up to the giant bonfire set up. It was massive, at least five feet in diameter, and the flames were beautiful. It was toasty warm, but it still reminded me of Christmas. I loved it.

“This is great,” I called over to Christina. She and Mike had immediately spotting the keg and had wandering over there instinctively. I’d make my way there in due time.

“I’m glad you think so,” a low, drawling voice said, dangerously close to my ear. I jumped in my heels, spinning around to see Drew smirking widely down at me. I was suddenly glad that I looked to fancy and pretty.

I placed my hand over my hand and pretended to be angry. “You scared me,” I told him, trying my best to glare and still look cute.

He grinned. Before I knew it, he snaked his arms around my torso. My eyes widened. “Let me get you a drink,” he said a bit loud since some asshole now decided to blast the music. The strong stench of alcohol hit my face and I immediately winced.

Drew didn’t seem to notice and continued to smile down at me. He didn’t seem that drunk yet anyway, so I suppose it didn’t matter. And I couldn’t forget that he was touching me and probably one of the hottest guys I’d ever seen.

“I’d love one,” I yelled back, grinning. In my head it looked alluring and he was totally mystified.

I let Drew—the Drew Buchanan—take my hand and lead me over to the keg. This was sure to be the best night of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I'm so sorry about not being around for a little while. I was an updating machine at first and then all the sudden it stopped! But my laptop broke. So I'm using someone else's until I get it fixed, and lately the only internet access I had was via iPod. So forgive me.

Anywayyyyssssss,
what do you think'll happen??
That she gets totally wasted and pukes her guts out?
That she gets totally wasted and is taken advantage of?
Who gives a shit!? You'll find out soon!