Status: Hop on board.

Easier To Lie

Twenty.

Mallory hugged Byron as tight as she could. He was being gentle with her though.

“Wow Mal, you look great!” He said, rubbing her baby bump.

“Wow By, you’re still a liar!” She laughed and the three Trotter/Brock kids sat down to catch up.

“So tell me about this boy, baby girl.” Byron said to Mallory, eyeing Garrett, and she beamed at the mention of him. It was then that she remembered Byron had never met him.

“Byron! He’s just so great! He takes care of me like none of my other boyfriends had, and he always talks about the baby like she’s his own. He’ll surprise me with flowers, or food, and we have Wednesday movie nights with just us two, and I just love him so much!” Mallory declared and kissed Gare’s cheek.

“Well it’s nice to finally meet you, bro.” Byron said to Garrett, handing him his hand to shake. Garrett shook his hand with a smile, but kept another hand around Mallory’s waist.

“You too, and I promise you that I’ll take good care of Mal.” Garrett said with a meaningful tone.

“I know you will Garrett. At least she’s not with John.” Even Byron knew about John and his record with the ladies. Everyone laughed at the joke.

The four sat and caught up on lost time. Topics such as the baby, the band and Byron’s personal life was brought up. It seemed like they had only been talking for an hour, but five of them later, Garrett noticed the time and thought he should be heading home. As much as Mallory wanted to go with him, she walked him to the door, engulfing him in a long hug, kissing included. The kissing didn’t stop when Mallory slid her tongue past Garrett’s lips, or when he bit her bottom lip and she let out a whimper. It still led on when Mal pushed Gare’s back into the door. His hands slid up the back of her shirt to unclasp her bra while he pushed forward to guide Mallory upstairs. The feverishness of the kiss caused them both to stumble and giggle on their way up the steps.

“Hey!” One of the brothers’ voices called from the living room. Mallory and Garrett’s heads both snapped toward that direction, but neither of them moved otherwise.

“Yeah?” Mallory called out, shooing away her boyfriend’s eager lips on her jaw.

“What's going on in there Garrett?” It was Kennedy’s voice, and it was a mix of curiosity and demand. Mallory particularly noticed her name was left out of the mix, Kennedy knowing very well Mallory could lie without falter.

“N-Nothing Kennedy,” He shook out.

“So if I came back there every strand of my sister’s hair would be in the appropriate place?” He got them.

“Butt out Kenny!” Mallory blurted, almost sounding like a little kid.

“I really should go though baby,” Garrett murmured in her ear while re-hooking her bra.

“But I’m not done with you.” Mallory said with a wicked twinkle in her eye. Garrett bit on his lip, eyeing between the door and Mallory.

“Ten minutes.” Was all he said before they dashed up the stairs and into Mallory’s room.

-

“Mallory, what did I tell you about having sex with Garrett while I was home?” Kennedy asked his little sister as she walked into the room, having just said goodbye for real this time to Garrett. She could tell the words he just uttered were as uncomfortable for him as they were for her.

“Sorry Kenny,” Mallory blushed. “I just really love him,”

Kennedy brought his hand up to his forehead and sighed. “I know you do Mallory, just… Oh, I don’t know. Just be careful and make sure my niece is okay.”

“She’s perfectly fine, now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to John’s.” Mallory smiled as she grabbed her keys off of the counter.

“John?” Kennedy asked.

“Yes, John. He asked me to go shopping with him for his mom’s birthday gift. And I think I’m going to torture him a little and do some shopping of my own.” She smiled.

“Well, I want you driving everywhere. Do you need money for gas? I have some if you need it. Don’t let John turn up the music too loud, and let me know if you’re going anywhere else, I don’t want anything happening to you. John can be really convincing, and you don’t need that so just…” Kennedy rambled on and on.

“Kennedy!” Mallory interjected after her brain was spinning from all that information. “Please, I’ll be okay, and I’ll call you if I need anything.”

After her brother accepted that information, Mallory was off for her adventure with John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Few important things:
1) I know this is short, I'm sorry.
2) It's been a long time... But here's why!!!
3) Jess unfortunately decided she could no longer co-write the story with me. So I was looking for another author. I found one! And she is great! Her name is Shelby, and she's awesome!!!!
I hope you love her writing as much as I do.. And I kept this kinda short so she had a nice pick-up place.

Thank you for bearing with me!
xoxox - Grace