Status: Active: Spur of the Moment

Waiting Outside the Lines...

How It All Started...

“Goooood Morning Lakeview! This is your DJ Colt on 97.5 an—“.
I slam the top of my stereo. I grunt then roll over. 7:00 a.m. Time for school.

I wasn’t much for appearances. But mine wasn’t completely hideous. I look like my mom. Dark brown hair and I green eyes. To some people. I’m half black courtesy of my mom, and my dad is white. Most of my family is like that. They completely broke the status quo and married the people they loved. My mom was the most amazing being on the planet. She was kind, gentle, sweet, funny, a good cook, and amazing mother. Did I mention she’s brilliant? That’s where they say that I get it from.

Sadly, mom passed away when I was 13. She lost the battle to breast cancer. She was literally here one day and gone the next. After she left, my dad went to this kind of convention, met this woman and found out that she lived in the same town we did, Lakeview and she was an “Angel.” At least that’s what my dad called her. As soon as she moved in all of her crap, she turned into the evil monster I call Lidia. I tried to be nice and ask her for help on my homework when I didn’t need it, but I did it for my dad. He was all I had left.

One day after school I came home with this advanced math question from one of the math teachers from school. I was stuck on a step and decided to take a chance and ask Lidia if she could help. She slams down the Nordstrom catalogue, looks me square in the eyes, and says,

“You were an accident. You aren’t supposed to be here and no matter how hard you try, you’ll never receive your dad’s satisfaction for whatever it is you do. You’re stupid, idiotic, ignorant, and arrogant. Get lost and don’t bother me again or I’ll have your daddy ship your little butt to boarding school far, far away. And don’t you DARE ask for any money for anything. It’s all MINE and you’ll never get anything. You’ll wear raggedy clothes for all I care. Now get out of my sight, you piece of shi--.”

That’s where it ended. My dad walked in, she pretended to like me, and her words stuck. At first they didn’t, but then I started to really give them some thought. Was I really an accident?... From that point forward, I decided to not show any more emotions because then, I wouldn’t have to feel anything or get hurt by words. That’s my defense mechanism, I’m like a robot. No feelings. No nothing. And it works, and I NEVER want to change that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm seeing where this is going....
COMMENTS!!! X} Pweese!