Status: Trying to fill in my writer's block.....

I Confess that I am broken

Gratitude

I sighed again looking up at the moon. Tears falling from my eyes. No real reason. But, the feeling kept the pain spilling. I inhaled and started coughing. I grabbed the water off my counter to help clear my throat.

"I don't like feeling this way. I'd rather never cry for another day in my life." I coughed again. I continued to sing my pain.

"Why me? Why anyone? Why is there even this type of possible pain?" I heard something at my door and saw Leon's paws. Little brown akita puppy that led Ms. H to me. I guess she was feeling sypathetic for stray mongrels. I opened the door and he licked my ankle and stretched up to be picked up. I couldn't resist how adorable Leon was. He licked my cheek as I walked back to my oversized bed. I kissed his head and continued to look at the moon in dreary silence. He climbed out of my arms and bit onto the pillow he has claimed as his and curled up at the foot of my bed.

"Free-loader." I scoffed patting his head. Seeing as it was late and I would be going to the school with Ms. H tomorrow to find out about my new school I decided it polite of me to go talk to her. I walked to my closet where my little green suitcase sat on the florr open and thought it more appropriate to put on some pants. Well, shorts actually. I don't have many pants.

I walked out of my room and walked down the hall just as Mr. H walked out in his boxers as always. He seemed to be a little embarassed so I eased the tension.

"Hello father. I just wanted to say goodnight and thank you again." I said looking as honest and grateful as possible. He smiled an old man smile and I gave him a guick kiss on the cheek and a hug. He walked past me and towards the kitchen while I walked into their bedroom to talk to who I will now have to politely refer to as mother.

She was at her mirror in her robe wrapping her hair. I smiled and walked up fixing it for her. She smiled and thanked me and then patted the side of her seat. As I sat down I hugged her and hid my face.

"Thank you so much. I am really grateful to be here. It's such a beautiful place. I would never have thought to be somewhere like this." I sat back and saw tears in her eyes. "Mother, please don't cry." I said that more or less on purpose to see her cry. Other people's tears are fascinating.

"I am glad you are happy Tahlia."

"You can call me Tally if you like. To be less formal." I said using her napkin to wipe her tears. I hugged her once more and she kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight now. See you tomorrow morning." I said. " A little too much emotion in here for me." I said acting like a coy and nonchalant teenage girl.