Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Tour IDs

"Hello, Fletcher," I greeted warmly. I stood up and shook his hands with both of his parents. "I'm Atticus," I greeted, "I'm going to help Fletcher get settled here."

They both smiled at me and the mother shook her son's arm. "I'm Eva, this is Johnathan. We're very excited for Fletcher to be here."

I nodded my head. "So are we," I said before I kneeled down in front of the angry child. "What do you like to do?" I asked, "We have a lot of things here for you to play with."

The little boy looked at me harshly. "I don't want to stay here," he said, the words directed at his parents. "I want to go home."

Fletcher's father sent his seven year old a warning look as his mother apologized to me. "I'm sorry, Atticus," she said, shaking her head, "His older brother gets to stay home alone while their father and I work. Fletcher is a bit angry that he has to come to daycare."

"I'm not a baby," Fletcher growled, trying to pull out of his mother's firm grasp, "I don't know why I can't stay home with Franky."

Johnathan crouched down in front of his son and pulled him to face him. I looked away from the two of them as Johnathan gave his son a few warning words. Mrs. Alexander smiled at me politely and said, "I was staying at home with the boys before we moved here, but in this economy I figured I should get a job so that the boys' lifestyle wasn't altered too drastically."

I nodded my head. "I understand. Although a move itself can be unsettling for a child."

Mrs. Alexander nodded. "Yes," she said simply, "but they're resilient boys. They'll adjust eventually."

"How old is your other boy?" I questioned, a small smile on my lips.

"He just turned thirteen," she told me with a proud look, "But he's not nearly mature enough to look after Fletcher. Together they'd burn the house down."

I chuckled and nodded knowingly. "I understand."

She looked slightly surprised. "You have children of your own?" she asked, reached out for her son's hand as her husband stood back up.

I shook my head. "No," I said, "But I know how kids are." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear nervously as Mr. Alexander looked at me. He was a strict man. I could tell by the look in his eyes.

I turned to Fletcher so that I wouldn't have to look his father in the eyes. "What do you say we go find your cubby?"

"I don't care," he replied, only to get a harsh knock in the shoulder by his dad. He rolled his eyes and nodded his head, looking up to me with plain boredom.

I nodded towards the rows of alphabetized cubbies and names. Since he was new, he wasn't going to be in the 'F' section, but at the end closer to my office. "This is where you can put your things in the mornings and no one will touch them."

"Cool," he said simply, crossing his arms over his chest.

I chuckled and nodded my head. "That's the play room," I said as I motioned to the double doors. "That's where most of the kids hang out. If it's nice out, that you all can be outside, too."

"He's not staying today," Johnathan Alexander said, "Tomorrow will be his first day."

I nodded. "We're looking forward to it." I looked down the hall towards the lobby as a familiar voice met my ears. I smiled to myself and clapped my hands together. "I think that's all there is to show you, Fletcher. If it's alright with your parents, you can go look around. Maybe make a couple friends for tomorrow."

Fletcher just shook his head.

"Okay then," I said, "Well, then I guess I'll see you tomorrow since you both have already filled out the necessary paperwork."

"See you tomorrow," Eva Alexander said politely.

I followed them out to the lobby and grinned when I saw Ronnie leaning against the front desk, fully dressed in his usual dark pants, dark shirt, vest, and jangling necklaces. He was talking to Jamie about something that caused smiles to arise on both of their faces.

"See you tomorrow," I said again to the Alexander family. I walked over to Ronnie and stole his attention by wrapped my arms around his belted waist.

"Hey, Att," he greeted as he turned around and leaned down for a kiss.

I kissed him back. "Hey," I said with a smile, "You ready for Chinese?"

He nodded and slipped his fingers in between mine.

"I'll see you when I get back," I said to Jamie, "Sign me out, will you?" I gave her a gracious smile and waited until she laughed and nodded her head.

"See you in a little bit, Atticus," she called, laughter trailing off as Ronnie and I left the building.

"Did you get the tour IDs?" I asked eagerly as I climbed into Ronnie's large car.

Ronnie reached across me and into the glove-compartment. He pulled it open and pulled out two black lanyards that had the Warped Tour arrow logo on it several times. I squeezed happily and reached for the plastic ID cases that were hanging from them. Ronnie as I had both had to go to Epitaph and get our pictures taken for our IDs. I grinned when I looked at them. The Warped Tour logo was at the top above our pictures and our names were below.

"I can't believe you managed to get me one of these," I said excitedly, "Isn't it against the rules or something?" I asked as I pulled the lanyard over my head.

Ronnie shrugged his shoulders. "I told them that I needed one for you, and they made you one. Simple."

I grinned at the ID as Ronnie started the car. "I'm pretty sure you have to be in a band to have one of these," I said quickly, excitedly, "Everyone is going to think I'm in a band!"

Ronnie laughed and made a turning motion with his finger. "Flip it over," he said, since I hadn't done that yet.

When I did, I couldn't help but let a scream out. "The Falling in Reverse logo is on the back!" I said loudly, "Does this mean that I'm a member of Falling in Reverse now?"

Ronnie chuckled. "According to Warped Tour it does."

"This is so cool," I said, shaking my head in disbelief. I looked at Ronnie's and saw that it was the same on the back, before I shoved it back where he got it out of. I kept mine on the whole ride to the restaurant but I put it away before I got out. "When do you guys get your bus?" I questioned as I walked in with Ronnie.

"Next week," he said, "We're having a few things installed first, though."

"Like what?" I asked, confused.

"Just some stuff in the back," he said with a cheeky grin, "I am not sleeping on a bunk."

My jaw dropped. "You're claiming the back as your bedroom?"

He shrugged his shoulders and moved up to order our food. His large grin told me everything I needed to know. Ronnie ordered his food then I ordered mine and we moved to a table in the back.

"Are you really making a bedroom on the bus?" I questioned before I dug into my rice and chicken.

Ronnie nodded his head and spoke after he swallowed. "Do you really think that me and you are going to be comfortable in one bunk for the whole tour?" he questioned, that knowing smile back on his lips.

"Aren't they pretty big?" I asked, trying to remember the bunks from my father's old buses. I had never gone on tour with him when I was young, but Frida, Max, and I stayed on the tour for a few days and then been sent back home to stay with our nanny.

"It depends on the bus," Ronnie said, "But ours are big enough to be comfortable for one person, but I really wouldn't like you sleeping on top of me every night."

I gave him a look. "You wouldn't?" I asked, knowing that was a lie.

Ronnie laughed and shook his head. "Okay," he said, "Maybe a lot of the time, but what happens if we want some alone time?"

I stared at him blankly. Then I asked, "Are you expecting to have sex on the bus?"

Ronnie looked at me and blinked multiple times. "Are you saying we're not?" he asked slowly.

"Will all your friends right there on the bus?" I shook my head. "I'm not having sex with them any where near us."

Ronnie dropped his fork into his bowl and looked up to me directly. "Come on, Att," he whined, "We have our own room and everything."

I shook my head and kept the smirk off my lips. "No, Ronnie," I said, "Your friends are too pervy."

Ronnie laughed and shook his head, too. "They are not!" he claimed, "Nasty won't even be on the tour!"

My cheeks grew red as he brought up the incident where Nasty walked in on us afterwards when I was sleeping, curled up to Ronnie's bare side. "Thank Jesus," I said, "Nasty is too outrageous to be holed up on one bus."

Ronnie nodded his head. "That's why he's not coming."

"He's not coming because he's not in the band, Ronnie," I replied.

Ronnie pointed to me. "You're not in the band and you're coming."

"He's not coming because he's not sleeping with the singer of the band, Ronnie," I corrected, watching as Ronnie grinned.

Ronnie chuckled. "Well, neither are you remember?"

My smile dropped off my lips. "I already have my ID," I said quickly, "I'm part of the band. I'm coming with. Eat your food."

Ronnie grinned at me but did as he was told, taking another bite of food. His eyes didn't leave me though as I did the same, my smile plastered to my face. I couldn't have been more excited for this tour than I was now. I knew that it would be insane to be shoved on a bus with five guys, but I was ready for it. I wanted it.

It was the break that I'd wanted. I'd never once gone on vacation with out my father or my family. And those vacations were much like everyday life, plus a beautiful location. I was still in charge of the well being of my siblings.

Tour would be a whole different story. I wouldn't have to look out for anyone but myself and on top of that, Ronnie would be looking out for me, too. I was beyond excited for this much needed break. Ronnie would enjoy it, too. His first time back on a stage since his release.

"Are you nervous?" I questioned, "To be back in front of all the kids?"

Ronnie thought about it for a minute. "No," he said with a smile. "When I first was released I was really nervous about being around large groups of people but now I just want to talk to everyone and to be back in front of all my fans." He nodded his head. "It's where I'm supposed to be."

I nodded my head. I could never picture Ronnie doing anything except singing his heart out in front of thousands of fans. He could never be a normal guy working some nine to five job.

"It's going to be amazing," I said honestly.

Ronnie's chocolate eyes met mine. "Yeah," he said, "It's going to be great."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for the comments and the recommendations. (:
I love that new feature.
Let me know what you thought of this chapter and the last!