I'm Dancing on the Ceiling

Twenty-Two

Jack drove me through Los Angeles, not even once dropping a hint as to where he was taking me. We made idle chit chat, although he made a few too many innuendos during our small talk.

“Honestly, Jack-olas, where are we going and when are we getting there?” I finally asked, too impatient to hold my tongue any longer.

“We’re here,” Jack answered, pulling into the parking lot of a state park.

“Wha-”

Jack shrugged and parked, “Out of my car.”

I glared at him but got out anyway. I wandered around as Jack pulled away, leaving me there alone.

“Alex?” I called out. I couldn’t see him. The sun was setting.

“Over here!” he called, his voice ringing out from somewhere behind me. I spun around and faced the voice.

“Where are you?”

“Behind the trees,” he called.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. I’m sure.”

I clacked my way across the paved parking lot to the soft grass. I ducked through the tree to find Alex surrounded by small twinkling Christmas lights. He was smiling, standing barefoot on a picnic blanket.

“What’s all this?” I asked, walking over to him.

“Take your shoes off,” he said. I did, breathing out a quiet sigh of relief. I love those shoes, but I still prefer to be barefoot.

“Welcome, Miss Bowen, to our first date.”

“It’s so beautiful. But, why?”

“Why?”

“Why in a park? Why at night? Why…” I trailed off. I knew Alex hated it when I asked that. Why me?

“Why you, right?”

I sheepishly nodded. He stepped towards me, tucking his hand underneath my chin.

“Because, Clary, you’re one of the most brilliant girls I have ever met. You’re unique and fun. You know who you are, and you’re really not afraid to show it. After meeting you, I don’t think anyone else could compare to how amazing you are. Besides, you’re a fantastic kisser, do you know that?”

“I’ve been told,” I said with a chuckle.

“One of the best,” he said, sliding his other hand down to the small of my back and guiding me closer to him until we were chest to chest.

“Really?” I said, flirtatiously.

He hummed and dipped his head low to capture my lips with his. Our mouths worked together perfectly, our tongues slipping in to join the party. I slid my hands up his torso to rest on his chest, gripping the material of his soft cotton shirt. He moaned quietly into my mouth as one of my hands sneaked up into his hair and tugged slightly.

We broke apart with an oxygen-deprived gasp.

“Sorry, I was wrong,” he panted.

“Uhm. ‘Bout what?”

“You are definitely, without a doubt the single most BEST kisser. Ever.”

I giggled and pecked his lips quickly, stepping away.

“Now, my fair gentle maiden, shall we dine?”

“Let us, my good sir.”

We sat down and Alex, somehow, from somewhere, produced a cute little wicker picnic basket.

“Tonight, we dine on submarine sandwiches from the ‘Way, cheese dusted curls and the nectar of fruits in pouches. Doth this please, m’lady?”

I giggled and nodded, “The lady doth approve.”

He handed me a wrapped sub from Subway and a Capri Sun pouch. I gratefully took both and without a second though, unwrapped the sub and took a large, unladylike bite out of the sandwich. I looked at Alex who just stared at me.

“M’lady doth no manners have!” he shouted. I shrugged and managed to chew and swallow quickly.

“I am sorry, my good man. Doth my lack of manners offend your senses?”

“Never, my fair girl. Endearing is your lack of manners.”

We fell silent while we ate, sharing a bag of Cheetos. I smiled at him, reaching over and wiping a bit of mayonnaise and cheese dust off his cheek.

“You’re too cute, Alex Gaskarth.”

“Why, thank ya, Clary Bowen. Y’arnt so bad y’rself,” he said, the stereotypical country twang slipping into his speech. I kissed his lips gently, resting my forehead against. The sun was completely down now, the only light coming from the Christmas lights sparkling around us. I sighed contentedly.

“Thank you, Alex.”

“You’re welcome.” He stopped for a second. “What for?”

“Making me feel like one in a million.”

“See, that’s the thing, Clary, I’m only showing you how I see you. You are one in a million.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys!!!
Check out my coming-soon new Tay/Jack story... subscribe here.

Lovers;
faganlovesmayday
rawrritsjess
rivals are insane
RAWRFAYCE
comeonannie


DFTBA,
Rory The Roman