There She Goes

Finally Home?

I slept for a few hours on the plane from California to Maryland, but not that much. Three hours tops, I never liked planes much. I got off from the plane and it was about almost four in the mourning. I grabbed my suitcase from the compartment on top and waited for my turn to get out of the plane. I got a taxi and gave him the directions to my house. I watched the familiar city through the window and smiled at how much I miss this place. The only place I can call home.

I got to my house and I dropped my suitcase by the door, and my body on the couch. I closed my eyes and slept like a baby.

***

"Ugh," I grunted as I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen to get some food. My tummy grumbled, as usual, and all I could find was old bread.

I sighed and went upstairs to take a bath and change so I could go for some breakfast.

After I finished, I grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and headed to a local coffee shop where I usually take Liz on Sunday mornings. Wait, what is it today?

A Sunday back in Baltimore, the only better thing is for Liz to come back to me.

I waited patiently in line so I could place my order, and once I ordered I went to table and waited for my sandwich to come out.

Hoping to see Liz, there was no sign of her near the place. What if she wasn't here in Baltimore? Well, where else would she go?

God, I started feeling stupid and second guessing myself, I hated that!

My sandwich was finished and they called me to get it along with my water. I ate in peace but not for long. I kept thinking about Liz and I got a text message.

"Hey, you got her back yet?"

It was from Alex.

"No asshole, I just got up." I replied.

"SORRY" he answered and I kind of smiled.

I finished my sandwich and I went home, hoping that Liz was at her house a few houses away.

I parked my car in the driveway and walked to her house, dear creeping in my gut. What if she was crying for the first time ever? Or worse, what if she was expressionless? I'm doomed.

If I could, I would kick myself in the ass for being such an asshole.

I knocked on her door and waited, until it opened.

"Zack?" she said, as I was a ghost or something.

"Yeah, it's me,"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came back for you."

"What?"

"Liz, I made a mistake. Well, lots of them, and I've left you waiting, I've left you broken and now, I just want you to love me. It's taken me a lot of time to realize that, Liz, I love you. So much,"

"You came all the way from California to Baltimore just to say that, not even knowing if I would say yes to you or not?"

"Yeah, I did. Because if you ever did forgive me, well, that would perfect, but you had to know that I love you, and even though I've done some stupid shit, I never meant to hurt you. You know me, you know I'm and asshole."

"Yeah, I know you're an asshole,"

"…But?"

"What do you mean "but"? You're a filthy liar Zack Merrick. You've cheated on me, you've lied to me. You have some big balls to be showing your face over here."

"I know that, Liz, but…"

"But nothing. You know what's worse? You've changed. You aren't the Zack I grew up with. My go-to friend, the most wonderful guy ever, the best person in the world with a heart the size of the universe. Where's that guy? I want my Zachary back."

"He never left,"

"Yes, he did. You're just some sorry ass guy in the body of my best friend. When you give him his mind and soul back, tell him to come back here. Tell him I've missed him, a lot."

"Elizabeth,"

She shut the door in my face but the words were loud and clear. She was right. Maybe that was the whole problem. In this last months, years, I've lost myself. It was hard to admit it, but it was the truth.

I walked back to my house and went into my car so I could drive to the nearest supermarket. I needed to buy some food.

I finished quickly knowing the supermarket well and made it back to my house safe and sound and I baked Liz's favorite food: chocolate cake.

I made the mix and left in the oven. I raid my closet for the clothes I used to wear like board shorts and a blue long sleeve v-neck. I shaved myself and tossed my hair like it always has been.

I went downstairs and got the cake out of the oven. It was cooked to perfection, or at least how she loved it.

I let it cool and put it in a bowl, and walked to her house. I didn't think she would forgive just because I gave her a cake, but I haven't baked her a cake in five years.

I knocked on her door, and her car was in the driveway so she had to be here.

She opened the door and sighed, "What do you want Zack?"

"I baked you some cake,"

"You did? Oh my gosh, really?" She said a little bit more excited than I though she would be.

"Yeah, just made, and it's me, your friend Zack. My evil twin was in my place this past few years and he's dead now. The real Zack is making a comeback," I smiled.

She smiled, "What do you want Zack?"

"Another chance? What you said was true, I've changed and not for the best. If I'm going to go back to normal, I need your help."

"Zack, is this for real? Are you finally aware that you've been a big douchebag lately?"

"Yes, I swear."

She giggled, "Alright, I guess…"

"You can give me a chance?"

"No, I can help you."

"That's a start," I smiled hopefully.

"Yeah, come in, now you're finally home,"
♠ ♠ ♠
So? What do you think will happen? You like where it's going? Leave some comments :)