Status: Active

The Playboy’s Baby

Chapter 13: Meeting the Crawford’s Part 1

Chapter 13: Meeting the Crawford’s Part 1
Holly’s POV

Heart Beating Fast

Sweaty Palms

Fidgeting

It was confirmed. I was nervous! I was nervous that much I knew not only because of the symptoms but because of the meeting that lied just minutes away from me. I was finally going to meet Blake’s parents. I looked out the window of the Grey SUV that Blake was currently driving to his house telling myself to calm down.

I looked down at myself for like the tenth time since I got into the car a few minutes earlier. currently, I was wearing a white short dress with black converse sneakers since I didn’t have any fancy shoes to match with and my hair was down my shoulders, and no makeup whatsoever since I hate it in the first place.

I reached out and pulled the dress down a little then smooth it a little bit. Then slowly I raise my eyes and looked at Blake who was looking directly ahead clearly focusing on the road in front of him. He was wearing blue jeans with holes, a white shirt and black sneakers. Simple look on any guy but on him it make look like a drop dead gorgeous mouthwatering model.

As he stop the car in a red light his gaze turn looked at mine, “You are nervous.” He said in a teasing remark which made me wondering if he knew it or was just asking.

“I’m not.” I said rapidly dropping my gaze from him.

He burst out laughing, “Yes you are.”

“I’m not.”

Without a word he reached out and patted my hand, “No need to worry, Holly. My parents are going to love you.”

“Are you sure?” I couldn’t help but ask as I looked up at him once more.

“I’m sure.”

“Okay.” I said while nodding my head happily at him saying that. It made me feel a whole better.

“Everything is going to be okay, honey.” My mom said as she reaches over from the back seat and
laid her hand on my shoulder offering comfort and encouragement.

“Thanks, mom.”

At few minutes later, I was in shock as soon as Blake turned the car into left a curve and open the gates of his house or should I say enormous white house. The house alone was twice my house not to mention the amount of green patio that it had around it.

“Umm…this…is…um…your house.” I said while mumbling my words slowly since I still couldn’t believe.

He chuckle at that as he parked the car next to his and a black BMW and take off his seatbelt, “Yes.” Then after a second of silence he added as he reached out and take off my own seatbelt, “Come on, Holly. It’s time to meet the family.”

Once again I started to have those feelings, I took a deep breathed telling myself to calm down and then let it out. I open the car door and step out of the car then helped my mother and the tray that we bought for dessert.

We walked up the steps slowly and Blake acting like gentlemen opened the door for us and let pass through first. Once inside the house, I couldn’t find the words to describe it. It was beautiful with massive white walls with artwork of artists I could some recognize others were not familiar, white furniture just to name a few.

“Mom, we are here.” Blake said as he close the front door behind him.

At that moment I heard something a glass breaking on the floor, “They are here.” A women’s voice said with a cheerful tone then it was followed by running steps.

That’s when I saw a boy about five or six running toward us with a smile on his smile followed by women.

“Blake...” the cheerful voice of the little boy said with a smile.

I watched as Blake’s face light up at the sight of the boy and as the boy ran toward him and throw himself on his arms and Blake picking him up as he laugh along with the boy.

“Hey little man...what are you doing?” Blake said to the boy as the boy put his arms around his
neck as a beautiful women who resemble Blake walked in.

“I help mommy make the food.” He said in a cheerful tone as he looked at Blake.

Blake smiles at that, “Really, you didn’t cut anything, did you.”

The boy shook his head, “No, mom won’t let me.”

“Good.” Blake said putting him down and turned him to face me. The little boy looked up at me with a shy expression that made me smile. “Sam, this is Holly. Holly this is my little brother Sam.” He said introducing us.

I smile at that and bend down to be close to Sam height and said, “Hi Sam.” I pulled out my hand for him to shake which he stared at first then slowly reached out and shook it.

“Hi.” He said very shyly then move back to hide behind Blake’s legs.

I smile at him then I straightened my posture and to turn to the women.

“Hi Holly, It’s so nice to finally meet you. I’m Sarah.” The women said in a open friendly voice as she held out her hand for a shake.

I smile at her. “It’s nice to meet you.” I said truthfully as I shook her hand with mine. “Umm, this is my mom.” I said moving aside to introduce my mom.

“Nice to meet you.” Blake’s mom said as my mom said the same and shook hands.

“Oh I kind of bring a little something for dessert.” My mom said showing her the tray that she was
holding. “I hope that you don’t mind.”

“Oh of course not. That’s so nice.” Sarah said with a smile.

As they talk to themselves I feel eyes on me, like somebody was staring at me. I looked at Blake and he wasn’t. He was watching our mothers talking then I looked down and found Sam’s eyes staring at me as he continue to hide behind Blake’s legs.

“Jelly bean...” he said pointing at me.

I frowned at that feeling confused. Did he call me Jelly bean?

“Umm what was that?” I asked him still looking at me.

“Are you the girl with the jelly bean?” He asked as everything all of the sudden went dead silence.

The girl with...the jelly bean. I suddenly thought then I remember that’s what Blake called our baby that day at the appointment.

“Yes.” I said looking closely at him.

“Well...where is it?” he said moving toward me curiously.

“Where is...” I started to repeat still confused.

“He means the baby, Holly.” Blake said while running his hand on the back of his head.

“Oh well...umm...” I started to mumble not knowing how to explain to 6 or 7 year old where the baby came from.

“It’s inside Holly, Sam.” Blake said coming to my rescue as he bend down next to Sam while staring at me then back at him.

“Really.” Sam said with his eyes light up then unexpectedly he reached out his hands and lay them against my stomach. I stiffen at the touch at first then relax. His small hands touch my stomach then he lay his head there. Blake smirks at that as he stares at us while I bit my lower lip nervously. I didn’t know what to do so I just stood still watching him. “Who put the Jelly bean there?” he suddenly asked as my eyes widen in shock. Now I knew I couldn’t answer that question.

“I did.” Blake said instantly.

“Blake...” I said in shock staring at him.

“What?” he asked innocently as he looked up at me with a sexy smirk. Clearly he was insane.

“Wow...so when is the jelly bean coming out?” Sam said as his face away from my belly and looked up at me.

“Oh in a few more months.” I said.

“Aww...” he said while shaking his head in disappointment then gasp when something pass through his mind. “So when it comes out can I see it?”

“Sure.” I said while smiling at him.

“Cool.” He said clapping his hands happily.

“Yeah, cool.” Blake said while running his hand through Sam’s hair as he stares at me with a grin.

After a few seconds of silence, both my mom and Blake’s mom turned to us. “So food is almost ready. Blake, why don’t you go outside to help your father?”

“Okay.” Blake said as he started to walked away with Sam then turned to me. “Coming Holly.”

“Oh...yeah.” I said then excuse myself to my mom and his and follow him outside of the house.
Outside in the terrace we found Blake’s father in the barbecue cooking the steaks.

“Hey dad...” Blake said while walking toward him.

Dr. Crawford’s turned around to face us and smile. A smile that was very much similar to Blake that made me smile also.

“Holly, it’s good to see you. How are you?” He asked as his eyes caught mine.

“Oh I am okay, Dr. Crawford.” I said and at that been said Blake and Sam burst out laughing.

“Call me Henry. Dr. Crawford is just when I am at the hospital.” He explained with a smile.

“Okay...Hen...Mr. Crawford.” I said feeling kind of weird of calling by his name. I knew he was
Blake’s father and the grandfather of our soon to be baby but it feel weird. I couldn’t explain it.

“So dad, need some help with the...” Blake said as he walk to his hand and looked what he dad was grilling on the barbecue.

“Sure.” He said stepping aside while handing Blake the spatula.

I watched how Blake easily manage to cook the steaks and I watched how his father stared at him and talk to him with love and understanding like any other parent. As they laugh at some joke been said, “Holly...” Sam said while pulling my dress a little to get my attention.

I turned to looked down at him. “Yes.”

“Play with me.” He said as he show me soccer ball in his hands.

“Oh okay.” I said and he took me by the hand and took me down the steps of the terrace and into the patio.

He throw me the ball gently and I turn it back to him the same way. We weren’t playing soccer just tossing the ball back and forward and he was happy with that.

“So are you like my brother’s girlfriend?” he asked at some point and I froze at the statement.

“Ow.” I said as the ball hit me on my left leg.

“Are you okay?” he asked walking to me and see where he hit me with the ball.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. It’s nothing.” I said positively assuring that I was okay and that he didn’t hurt
me at all.

“Are you sure? Here sit with me.” He said as we both sat down on the green soft grass. “Does it?”

“I’m okay.” I said once again positively.

He nodded at that. “So are you my brother’s girlfriend?” he asked again at few seconds later.

I clear my throat then took a deep breath and let it out slowly and said truthfully, “No.”

“Why not?” He asked looking at me curiously.

“I...”

“Don’t you like him?”

“I do...but not like that.”

Sam frowned at me. He was confuse. I could tell.

“I like him but as a friend.”

“Oh.” He said then nodded his head. “I like him too.” Sam blurt out as his eyes twinkle with happiness. “To me he is the best brother in the world.”

“That’s good.”

“You have a brother?” he asked as he turned to face still sitting down on the grass.

“I do. His name is John.” I said happily as we found something in common to talk about our brothers.

“What is he like?” Sam asked with his eyes fill with interest.

“Oh well...to me he is the best brother in the world.” I said repeating his words and he smiles at that. “He is my friend. When I was little girl, he always read to me and when I have nightmares he always chases the monsters away.”

“Just like Blake.” He said fill with excitement.

“Yeah, brothers are good at that.”

He nodded at that then unexpectedly I watch as Blake walked toward us silently as he went behind Sam and pick him up on his arms. Sam yelled happily as his brother turn him around in circles.

“Stop...stop I am getting dizzy.” He said and Blake did and put him on the floor.

“Go on inside and wash your hands. Food is ready.” Blake said.

“Okay.” Sam said and walked up the steps and back inside the house.

As soon as he was out of vision, I started to raise myself slowly but I was surprise to see when Blake held out his hand to help me up. I hesitate a little bit then I put my hand in his and he pulled me up.

“Thanks.” I said then let go of his hand slowly.

“You welcome.” He said as we started to walked along side of each other. “So what do you think?”

“Of Sam. He is so cute.” I said honestly.

“Cuter than me.” He said in a teasing remark as he started to lean himself toward him.

“Much cuter.” I said while pushing him away from me playfully.

He groans in disbelief which made me laugh.

“I’m glad you like him.” Blake blurt out after a few seconds of silence. I stop and turned to looked at him. “Sam, he is so easy to like and love.”

I smile at that, “He is. He is a good kid and he loves you very much.” I said gazing at him directly on the eyes.

I watch as the smile that appeared on his face suddenly started to widen more and more.

“Do you love him?” I asked knowing deep down something was telling that yes. Blake is capable of loving someone.

“I do. He is my little brother.” He said then started to walked away once again and I followed him.

“He also ask if I was your girlfriend.” I said shocking him.

“What did you told him?” He asked deadly curious

“Well I thought him the truth. I told him that you were my friend.” I said as all of the sudden I started to feel self-conscious under his gaze on me.

“We are friends...we are having a baby together, Holly.”

“I know. That’s not a bad thing. I rather be friends with you than nothing.”

He shook his head, brush his fingers of his left hand through his hair then turned his gaze back at me.

“So...we are just friends. Nothing more nothing less.”

I nodded my head.

“And you are ok with that?” he asked while expression of confusion on his face along with a frown.

“Yes.” I said then wondered why he was acting like this. “Why are you asking me that?”

“Because you will be the first girl that I know that said “I rather be friends than nothing.” Must girls will like to be in....friendlier terms with me. If you know what I mean than friends.”

“I’m not most girls. I thought that we agree that we should try to get to know each other.”

He nodded, “We did, Holly.”

“So umm...we are friends...or...”

A slight sweet smile spread on his face and to be honest it was the first time that I have seen Blake smile like this. Then he reached out as my hair move in front of my face due to the wind blowing and move it aside then stroke his fingertips gently on my face.

“We are friends, Holly.”

“Good.” I said while I started to move away from him ignoring the tingly sensation running through my body from his touch.

“Good.”

“Guys, food is ready.” Blake’s mom announce and I walked up the steps to the balcony.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! An update. Hope you guys like it. Thanks so much for the support. Please leave a comment to let me know. Part 2 coming soon. xoxo Lene