Mystery Boy

Charming.

Ronnie gave me directions until I was caught up to my Dad's car. I could see him glance in his mirror a couple times as I followed, probably wondering what had happened to make me be so far behind him.

While driving I was finally relaxed enough that I could glance in my own rear view mirror and introduce myself to Ronnie's friend.

"I'm Airea," I told him with a smile as I glanced between him and the road in front of me.

He smiled back slightly, "Jacky," he said, "Ronnie's best friend."

When we finally got to the store I had a better chance of studying Jacky. His abdomen was covered by a black, sleeveless Motley Crue shirt that had the words "Too Fast For Love" written in red near the bottom along with a picture. He was wearing a simple white belt with a Misfit's skull logo belt buckle. Of course, he had a black belt with white studs on under that. He was wearing tight, black jeans and a pair of slip-on Converse. On his head, covering his black hair, was a black and white bandana that seemed to be spotted like in the army. A black hat was over that that had a white bat with wings that I recognized as a symbol for some band.

When he got out of the car his shirt road up exposing silky black boxers. I chuckled and then looked away. Ronnie called my name and I noticed his attire too. A simple leather jacket, tight black jeans, black 'v' neck T-shirt, and nice shoes. His hair was tamer than the last time I saw him. It was dark brown, almost black and sat on his head, looking silky.

I watched as everyone piled out of my Dad's car. As soon as Taite's feet hit the ground he was running over to me, his older brother following behind.

"Airea!" Taite shouted as he jumped into the air and expected me to catch him. I did with a grunt.

"Hey T," I smiled, "Miss me?"

The little boy nodded frantically and then waved to Ronnie and Jacky as I set him down. "Hi!" Taite shouted as he hurried over and wrapped his arms around Jacky's legs. "I missed you!"

Jacky chuckled as he pulled the kid up into his arms. Dad waved to the guys and then motioned for me to follow him. I did with Easton walking on my left side, Ronnie to my right, then Jacky and Taite to his right.

"Alright, crew," Dad joked, "We're on a mission. We have the next couple hours to collect all the school things that Airea is going to need for this school year."

Ronnie raised his hand, trying to be mockingly formal.

"Yes Mister Radke?" my Dad asked like a teacher.

"Am I allowed to pick things out for her?"

Dad stared Ronnie down for a moment and then nodded, "I guess so."

Ronnie grinned and exclaimed, "Thanks Mr. T," before grabbing onto my wrist and yanking me off. Jacky followed after with Taite and chuckled as Easton said by to his parents before running to catch up to us.

"Meet us at the check out in an hour!" Ina called out as my Dad continued to laugh. I waved my hand in the air so that they'd know we heard them.

Ronnie dragged me over to the slight backpack section they had and began riffling through them, searching for something in particular.

I looked to Jacky with a smile on my face. "Do you have any idea what he's up to?" I questioned.

Jacky smiled back tightly but shook his head. "He's pretty unpredictable. I have no idea."

I smiled and nodded, getting that same vibe from the rowdy man. He was like a child in someways. He did was he want, acted innocent when he needed to, and wasn't afraid to joke around about anything.

Finally Ronnie shouted out happily and held out a plain black backpack. "We can put our band name across the front! You can be like our own little mascot!"

I rolled my eyes as Jacky chuckled deeply. "I'm not your mascot, Radke. And plus, I have a backpack at home. I'm here for supplies... Pencils, pens, markers, notebooks, got it?"

Ronnie's expression dropped dramatically and he nodded. "Alright," he said, "Lets go get you some notebooks."

I smiled gratefully and let he and Jacky lead me towards that section. After about ten minutes I had about nine colored and decorated notebooks in my arms. I reached out and grabbed onto a plain black one and tossed it to Ronnie. He looked at me confused.

"You can draw right?"

Ronnie nodded slowly, confused.

"Well, then I want that notebook cover to be filled with stuff about your band. I'll show it off to all my new friends!" I cheered.

Ronnie and Jacky shared a quick look before Ronnie spoke. "What new friends are you expecting to make?"

My jaw dropped as Jacky, Ronnie, and Easton laughed, Taite just laughing because they were, unaware of the insult. "I'm going to make lots of friends!" I shouted frantically, my voice rising a few octaves.

"You can't get much better than us," Ronnie said in a cocky way.

Jacky chuckled and when I looked to him incredulously he just shrugged. "It's true," he laughed, defending himself.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll make loads of friends. Nice friends," I countered as Jacky set Taite on the floor and he walked over and took my hand.

"I'll be your friend, Airea," Taite said, looking up to me with a huge smile on his face.

"Aww," I cooed, "Okay. Deal. I'm your friend now."

Taite shouted out happily as Ronnie grabbed a pack of metallic markers from the shelf so he could work on the notebook cover.

"Hey," I said sternly, "I want a little something on there from everyone," I demanded, pointing as well.

Ronnie lifted two fingers right above his eyebrow and saluted. "Yes ma'am."

I laughed and rolled my eyes as I motioned for Easton to follow me to over to the writing section. I handed him the notebooks when he offered to hold them. My hand was still with Taite's as I plucked a few packs of pink and yellow mechanical pencils from the rack. I grabbed a package of roller pens, highlighters, and a 12 pack of markers just in case.

"I think you need a cart, Airea," Ronnie said smugly as he and Jacky stood at the edge of the aisle with smirks on their faces.

"Wouldn't want to drop any of that," Jacky added softly.

I rolled my eyes. "Then be dolls and go get one," I said simply as Easton and Taite laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked the boys as Ronnie and Jacky did as they were told.

"You," Easton laughed, "I'm glad you're happy here."

I hid my smile as I tugged Taite along towards the next section. I grabbed what I would need and tossed it into the cart as Ronnie and Jacky emerged. "Thanks," I murmured as Easton dropped all the notebooks in.

Jacky nodded and offered a small smile. I cleared my throat and looked away. After a few minutes of shopping and talking with my little brother, I let go of Taite and turned to Easton and him. "Boys," I said, "I want you to go find Daddy," I said more to Taite, making him feel helpful, "Tell him I'm almost done but I'd like to get something special, okay?"

Taite nodded quickly. "What are you getting, Airea?"

I smiled, "You'll see if you go tell Daddy."

Taite grabbed Easton's hand and dragged him off in search of our dad.

"What are you getting, baby doll?" Ronnie asked jokingly.

I shrugged, "I think I want a puppy."

Jacky's and Ronnie's jaws dropped and then after a moment they composed themselves. "What the hell makes you want a puppy so randomly?" Ronnie questioned bluntly.

I shrugged again. "I don't know. I just do. A boxer with the little scrunched up face. I could never get one before because Dad said that it'd scratch up the floors but I don't think we have to worry about that now."

Jacky laughed, "Awesome."

I smiled at him and nodded. "Yeah. I want a boy."

Ronnie rolled his eyes but played along, "And what are you going to name this boy boxer puppy?"

I thought for a moment, "Ronnie junior?" I asked sarcastically, causing the guys to burst into laughter.

"Charming," Jacky commented.

I gasped loudly, "Prince Charming! But we can call him Charming for short!" I shouted at them, excitedly.

Ronnie laughed and shook his head in disbelief as Jacky gave me a confused look. "You're such a girl," Jacky said after a moment.

I scoffed and pushed my cart away from the two of them. "You boys are so rude!" I shouted as I wandered away from them, looking for my father so that we could go get my puppy.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Sorry I haven't updated.
Been updating Trouble-Maker and going to school. :P