Status: Finished!

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

Prologue

“You know you love him, and very much Caro…”Mica reproached to me as we drank our warm chamomile tea. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I grabbed my legs with my arms and tried to say something, but nothing would come out from my mouth. Something didn’t let me; not really. I didn’t know what to say. Why? Because I knew she was right.

*****

She shook her head slowly, in sign of annoyance. I was the most annoying person she could talk to, but I knew she loved me. We have known each other since we used diapers technically. And we had our bad days as friends, but she was the girl I most trusted in this planet. Why? Because she wouldn’t judge me for anything; probably she was the most tolerable girl I knew. When we graduated from high-school our lives took very different routes. Well, we both traveled to the USA, but then we separated, she went to study Psychology at New York and I went to study Music Production in California. And let’s say that during our senior year at school, we separated and didn’t like each other too much. However destiny has its tricks and if you’re destined to befriend a person you’re going to, as much as you don’t want to.

So one day I was walking through the beach in the beautiful Orange County, a face resembled to me very familiar.

-Michaelle!?- I called and she looked up.

-Carolina!?-

-Yes! Girl! I’ve missed you- I said and then we began talking and talking…

-Me too!-

She was staying at Cali for a month or so at a hotel, so I told her to move in with me, she accepted and again out friendship returned. Nothing had changed with her or me, she was still very pretty, a veggie, animal lover, and a bit hippie; as for me, I still had to struggle with the acceptance of my body, still shy and caring for everyone. We were very similar yet very different. I could even say she was the loud me.

But we had one strong similarity, our thoughts of love as something very important in everyone’s life; she though love and pain went together, as for me, refused to love because of the suffering. And she was the one who gave me advice in what love refers because I wasn’t the luckiest girl in love. She was however one of the girls who was able to talk to any guy she liked and have him, she wasn’t shy when talking or flirting. And well sometimes I wished I was her. She thought I was wonderful and that I should be less shy with people, that I should live the moment and enjoy life a little more.

****

I looked through the window to the wonderful clear sky, and the radiant sun on top of the wonderful Huntington Beach, as Mica approached.

-I love him… but I just can’t be with him. - I explained and sighed.

-Then, love him! Tell him! He loves you too, and you don’t seem to realize how much, it’s like every time he sees you, two big red hearts take the place of his green eyes!- She exclaimed while moving her hands expressing her feelings in a dramatic emotional way, like she was used to do to convince me.

I giggled and played with my hair as I remembered the first time I met him. That was a memorable day.

-Shut up! – I whined and smiled to myself.

-See! You love him! I can recognize that ‘in love’ smile you have on your pretty face now, dear. – She was right again. Indeed, I was with that stupid smile.

I frowned. –Mica, no I won’t tell him anything.-

-Don’t miss this chance destiny is giving to you. – She said and patted my back.
-I don’t know…- I sighed and sit down on the couch.

-Well lady, I have to go out and do some important things for a patient. – She said and kissed my head.

-Ok, Mica, take care. – I said and heard her steps direct to the door and closed it.

I kept watching to the sea as the day when I met him began to play in my head as a movie…
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you enjoyed this :D I'm about to post the whole story!