Status: Finished!

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

1/1

ONE MONTH AGO

The last time I went out to party was a while ago, probably one year? Yeah, one year. Since I arrived here to California, I haven’t made too many friends and well it wasn’t that I also had time to party and everything. I always tried to focus in my studies and everything.
Since my great friend was staying here for a while, she decided it would be good to go out and have a little fun. I agreed and that Friday night we went out to party. She was going around the city these days and as usual made new friends.

So we wore our nice dresses and got pretty

-You know, Matt told me this bar was good. – She said while we walked to the main street to grab a cab. Matt was a rock-star and I’m not exaggerating. She had so much luck lately that she met the singer of a famous Californian band. Avenged Sevenfold. I liked their music and everything, and I was a bit jealous of her.

-It better be, - I warned and laughed. –Hey, let’s go… - I added while a yellow cab stopped in front of us and we told the driver the address of the club.

-Yeah it will be; trust me, you know, I know how to have fun! – She exclaimed and lifted her arms.

-I don’t want to get drunk, thank you. – I chuckled.

-Like if I didn’t know you, Caro, - she snapped.

-Fine, we’ll have fun and party as we have to. – I grinned and we got down from the car.

There was a long line to enter the club, and I was wearing unbelievable stilettos not as my friend who was wearing normal ones.

-Told you not to use those heels. –

-They’re my favorite ones, Mica! – I whined.

The line wasn’t moving at all and I wanted to leave already it wasn’t fun waiting at all. I was about to leave when she left me first abruptly. ‘What the heck!?’ I thought as I saw her approaching to five guys who were so well dressed and weren’t making the line to get in which was a bit disrespectful for us. I wondered where she met these guys.

She came back where she left me standing with a wide smile that shone in her face.

-C’mon! Matt was coming here too and well, he told me to go with them and you too obviously. – She spoke quickly and grabbed me from my arm as we walked to the entrance.

I just had time to nod because her excitement was able to notice and I didn’t want to cut it.

The five guys were standing there joking and chatting. Each of them had something that made them very handsome and even sexy. The tallest one had wonderful blue eyes, and was the drummer, his name was Jimmy. (Yeah, I did know the name of all them). The smallest one was Johnny, the bassist, and just was very cute too. Brian was standing next to Matt and smiled at me. The last one was Zacky and I couldn’t help but to stare deeply in his green shiny eyes.

-Hello, girls! – Jimmy exclaimed and smiled widely.

-Hey, - Mica and I said, her voice was louder than mine.

-Let’s go inside, people! We came here to party, didn’t we? – Matt said as he wrapped his muscled arms around Mica’s back. She bit her lower lip and looked at me smiling.

-Yeah, right man. Let’s go. – Brian said and the rest of the guys followed them.

Again I was left there alone, not really because one of them stayed there awkwardly balancing on his own feet.

-Wanna go inside? – He asked very shyly yet with some seductive voice as he lent me his hand.
-Sure, - I agreed and took his hand.

-Your name is? – He asked as we walked in the club where the music made the floor tremble.

-Carolina, - I spoke slowly.

-Nice name, - he smirked as we walked towards the table were the other ones where.
Little glasses were on top of the table full of transparent liquor as I assumed.

-Caro! Take one! – Mica shouted as I sat next to her. I took the glass she was handing me and I smelled it. As I thought it was tequila.

-Sweet tequila, right? – I smiled at her and put the salt on my hand took the lemon.

-Take it, girl! – All cheered and well I liked tequila, it was a strong liquor yet very tasty.

-I’ll take it, - I said and drank all the tequila quickly as I felt how it burned my throat. I ate the salt with the lemon and gasped. –That was good! – I exclaimed and smiled.

-Mica, your turn! – Brian said and she did it. After all of us took two shots, Matt took Mica to the dance-floor, and Brian looked for a girl to dance too, and the same did the other ones.

I scratched my head and messed a little my dark hair. I glared at him as he played with his fingers.

-You wanna dance? – He finally asked.

-Yeah, - I said and smiled kindly at him. For some reason words weren’t necessary to understand what was happening to us. I could feel it and I’m sure he could too.

I never believed in love at first sight and I refused to let myself believe in it. But karma is a little bitch, and now I was liking this guy. We began dancing and laughing and I was having a hell of a time. It felt so good to be with such a handsome guy and he made me feel comfortable enough.

After a long time of dance my feet were hurting so bad that we had to stop dancing and we sat again. He caressed my cheek and smiled.

-You dance pretty well, Carolina. – He complimented.

-Well, I’m Latin. – I grinned and he licked his crimson lips.

-That explains your charisma and your moves and well… you know. – He chuckled and leaned on the chair.

-Hah, it’s not true; - I blushed and looked to the floor. –Uhm, I’m a little tired and well it’s already 2 AM, so I think I should leave… - I excused and picked my purse.

-Hey, hey, wait; you can’t go alone! – He said surprised.

-Yeah, I can… and Michaelle has to come too. – I said and tried to find my friend in the crowded place.

-I guess, she won’t go home tonight… Matt and she are having a lot of fun. And I’m taking you home. – He said.

I couldn’t say no to him, so I accepted and we walked out the club.

-Thank you, - I yawned as he opened the front door of the black Mercedes.

-My pleasure, lady. – He said and drove to the main avenue.

-You have to take the left on the next street. – I pointed, but he seemed to take me somewhere else. –Uhm, where are we going? – I asked nervous.
-Well, I know a very nice place where we can watch the sun rise, if you want. –

-I’m sorry, but I barely know you, Zack. And no sorry please take me home. – I said and rubbed my eyes. Now a sad face invaded his face, and I couldn’t see someone with a sad face. It made me feel guilty, very guilty.

-I’m sorry, I wasn’t even thinking, you’re right. – He said a little annoyed and hurt.

-I know that some of the girls you take say yes instantly to you, but I’m not. – I replied harshly.

-And it seems like you’ve never been with a guy! – He yelled.

-It seems like you’re a cocky guy who gets angry when he doesn’t get what he likes! –

He pulled over in the middle of nowhere and took off his seat-belt. Finally he faced me and fixated his amazing eyes in mine. I looked away quickly and turned around.

-I’m calling the police if you don’t take me home, in the next 5 minutes, and I’m NOT kidding. – I threatened as I took my phone out of my purse. He put his hand on top of mine.

-No need to call the cops. Besides your eyes tell me a completely different thing than what you’re telling me. – He said and rubbed my hand with his thumb gently.

-Hey, please stop it. I only have known you for like 3 hours? And I’m tired really tired. – I said and tried to open the door.

-Wow, you’re really difficult to convince. – He spoke with a defeated tone.

At first I thought he was very shy but I was terribly mistaken, he was more confident than I thought and I liked that. I really did.

-And you’re not getting out with what you want this time, I’m sorry. - I said and opened the door quickly. I stepped down the fancy car and heard him groaning.

-Caro! Please come back here, you’ll get sick or something bad will happen. – He shouted and I stopped walking. He was right and I didn’t want anything to happen to me out there.

-Fine, I’m going back…. – I mused and walked in the car again.

- Good. – He said with a triumph smile. He had a nice smile and very sweet.

-Well yeah, now take me home, please? – I said sarcastically.

-Come here first, - he said as he pulled my face towards his and kissed me without any inhibitions. Our lips collided in such a wonderful way and his lips were so sweet. The snake-bites he had made the kiss even better. I tried to push him away but then I surrendered. His arms snaked around my neck and his right hand touched my face. My arms then embraced his neck also and just let the moment continue. His tongue tried to enter my mouth and certainly it did making me enjoy the kiss even more. Our tongues danced and our lips touched and moved and it was just perfect. Finally I pushed him away from me and our lips separated. It was the best kiss I have ever received.

-So it seems you got what you wanted, - I sighed catching my breath again letting out a little smile.

-And you enjoyed it too, - he replied trying to kiss me again.

-It was very nice to be honest. –

-And now can I take you to the place I wanted before? –he asked.

I rolled my eyes and chook my head. Was it right doing this? Was it okay to be with this stranger in the middle of a road I didn’t knew and now kissing him? Maybe it was okay, and I was trying to live the moment and forget everything else.

-Why not. – I said and kissed his cheek.

He blushed and looked at me.

-You’re different from any other girl in this planet, did you know that? – he said while playing with my ebony hair.

-Yeah? –

-Hell yes. And it seems you’re captivating me. –

We went to the hill he was planning as we watched the sun rise on that beautiful Saturday morning. We cuddled and spent more time talking and knowing each other. Nothing could have been compared to that night, it was simply awesome. He was kind and cute and caring. And I followed what my heart was saying which was right.

Everything started that wonderful day. Our love grew stronger from that day for over the next three months, each day he surprised me in a different way. But something hadn’t changed, my insecurity.

What if he wasn’t the one? What if I was going to get even more hurt?

Those questions haunted my mind each day. Mica told me to try to forget those questions, that she had never seen any other couple as Zacky and me; that we were a couple made in heaven.

I told her that what she said wasn’t right; because we fought as many other couples and that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep him as anything more than a good friend.

-You’re out of your mind if you do that, and believe me, I’ll murder you if you do that! I’ve never seen you as happy as when you are with him. – She said wholeheartedly.

-Mica, I don’t know… I don’t think I’m ready to be with someone older than me and I also have to study for school. I’m going to have a busy life from now on. – I implied, and it was the stupidest thing I have said in a while now.

-I’m gonna slap you! Don’t let this man go off your hands now! You like him more than a friend and you’ve been together for 2 months! – She yelled.

-Yes… I do love him and I like him and I’m confused! – I cried.

-Do what your heart says. – She hugged me while saying this.

Two weeks after my whole break down the guys took Mica and I to a new bar a friend of them opened in the beach. It was a small place with few people drinking, talking and good music was being played.

-Stay here, - he whispered to me as he walked to the stage and picked up a guitar. A very familiar song was played, suddenly he began singing.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing


Tears began to flow my eyes and Mica took me closer to the stage, the whole band was playing.

-Caro, baby, you know I love you too much… - He said as the song ended and jumped down the stage coming closer to me. All the people were around us circled us.

I couldn’t speak a single word, I was really overjoyed and wanted to jump into his arms, but he knelt on the ground. He took my hand and kissed it like in the old movies.

-I love you, and you’ve made me a better person. You’re a wonderful woman, and there’s only something that would make me even happier,- he spoke slowly.- So the question is, would you marry me?-

I thought I was about to have a heart attack, that moment was wonderful, the music, the people with us there.

-Yes! – I said and jumped in his arms. I knew I didn’t want him as only friend material, and Mica opened my eyes to that feeling.

I was sure of what I was saying. But most of all I was sure that he was the one I loved.

-I love you, - I whispered in his ear.

-I love you, darling. – He said back joining our lips once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End :)