Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

L.A. Babies

As we neared the California welcome sign, I blasted my Ipod louder than I had in a long time. I needed something to distract me, and Carmen couldn't do that right now. I knew that somewhere within the city limits, he was here.

I just didn't know where, and I really didn't want to find him at the moment. I laid my head against the window, closing my eyes at the bright Cali sun. The sun seemed to shine too bright here, but maybe that was because I never wanted to leave Jersey.

"Madi!" Carmen shouted excitedly.

I groaned, pulling an ear bud out to look at her. "Yes, obnoxiously loud friend of mine?"

She rolled her eyes before pulling the other one out as well. The moving van wasn't in front of us anymore. In fact, it was nowhere to be seen. I sat up extremely confused. Weren't the movers supposed to be here to help us put everything inside?

"Madison, Carmen, you know that you two can get out. It isn't the end of your life," My Dad chuckled from outside of the car. I sighed, wrapping my earphones around my Ipod before putting it in my pocket.

Carmen got up hurriedly after me and looked around amazed. "John, how can you afford this?!"

"I got a raise, honey. And promoted. Don't you remember? You were there after all."

"Oh," She said, her face turning a slight shade of red. "Right. I remember that."

"Of course you do," I muttered somewhat bitterly.

"Can you try not to act so enthused?"

I rolled my eyes at Carmen, pushing past her and into the house. I gasped as all our stuff was in here, and everything was in it's place. I turned around to face my father, smirk now plastered on my face.

"Too lazy to unload and set up yourself?"

"No," He chuckled. "I was afraid you two would be."

"Oh."

"Love you, bug."

"Love you too, Dad."

"Do we share a room or...?" Carmen trailed off, looking at my mother.

My mom laughed. "You each have your own rooms."

We looked at each other before breaking into a smile. "Yes!"

"I take it you want to see your room?" My Mom taunted.

"Uh, duh!" Carmen yelled.

My Mom raised an eyebrow before Carmen apologized and corrected herself. "I mean, yes ma'am."

She laughed. "Much better. Carmen, yours is the red one. And Madison, you obviously have the blue."

We raced each other up the stairs, stopping at the middle of the hallway. There were three doors. One was more than likely the bathroom, and the other two were our bedrooms. Carmen loved wolves, so if I had to take a guess, her walls were painted red with pictures or clip art of wolves somewhere littering the walls.

My favorite thing to do was either write or sing, so in mine there was bound to be something related. And let's not forget the color of turquoise. She stood in front of one door, I stood in front of the other.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Two."

"Three," We said opening the doors. As it would turn out, we opened the doors to the wrong room. Her walls were red and had white trim. There was pictures and posters of wolves littering the walls tastefully, as I had imagined, and the bed was white and red polka dotted. Any other furniture was white.

I switched places with her and went into my room. The colors of the furniture were the same, and so were the pattern of the sheets. Except for color, that is. On the walls, there were random lyrics painted in black and pictures of music notes. I absolutely loved my room, and I knew I'd be spending a lot of time in here.

My parents walked in, smiling at me. "Do you like it?"

"I love it," I beamed, not trying to bite back the smile.

"I love my room, too! Thank you! I love you guys!" Carmen screamed, making me laugh.

"Car, they're right next door! You don't need to yell!"

"Then you stop yelling!"

I laughed. "Whatever, chica."

"Don't hate me 'cuz I'm Latino!"

"I wasn't, and you're half Latino!" I replied chuckling.

My Dad shook his head, wrapping his arm around my mother. "You two are something else."

"We know," Carmen said walking in and sitting on my bed.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" I asked, sitting down beside her.

"Actually, we're going to dinner with the neighbors."

"Tomorrow night?" Carmen asked confused.

"It was supposed to be tonight, but I don't know if you girls are up to it.....," My mother trailed, looking away.

"Sure," I said quickly, without thinking.

"Madi, I love you, but we just got here. I probably look like....crap," Carmen added on, before smiling brightly at my parents.

"Right. I'm sure they wont care if you say shit, you know."

"Madison Taylor!"

I giggled a little bit. "Yes ma'am, sorry."

"I do agree with Carmen, though, sweetie. Your father does have to work in the morning."

"Okay, then. Tomorrow night?"

"It seems so. Get ready for bed, the both of you."

"What are we doing in the morning?"

"Not sleeping all day," She said, cocking an eyebrow.

Carmen sighed. "Fine.."

"It's the middle of summer! What're we supposed to do?"

"Twatter, twitter...what is it called again?"

"Twitter, Mom."

"Right. Then you girls can do that."

"Okay!" Carmen said. I snatched away her phone before she could even think of composing another freaking tweet. She was way too addicted.

"Maybe we'll just walk around, or get some fresh air."

"You can take my car if you want. Just keep your cell on you if you leave before I get up. All right?"

"Fair enough," I said getting up to stretch. My mom squeezed me tightly before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Love you."

"Love you, too, Mom."

I hugged my Dad tightly next, before rummaging through my clothes drawer to find my night clothes. Once Carmen had said her goodnights, she stood next to me, smile plastered on her face.

"You know, maybe this wasn't such a bad thing."

"I agree, Car. Maybe we needed change."

"I second that."

"Haha, I love you."

"I love you, too, tater."

She kissed my head before going to her room. I sighed, shutting my door after her. I leaned back against the door and smiled. At least we had a fresh start, where old memories couldn't haunt us. I got up, stripping my clothes and slipping on a pair of cotton shorts and a tank top.

I looked in my jewlery box, sliding out the necklace that Kevin had given to me for my 12th birthday. In fact, I think that was the last birthday I had with all of them. I flipped back my covers, crawling gratefully under them. Though I knew it wasn't very late, sleep consumed me quickly for it had been a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? <3