‹ Prequel: Give 'Em Hell, Kid

This Is How I Disappear

Thirty

It’s time. In a few hours Juliah and Gerard will be man and wife, they’re going to start a new life together and hopefully live happily ever after. I can’t explain how happy I am that they found each other, that Gerard had the guts to propose and that Juliah said yes.

We’re standing in Gerard’s bedroom, getting ready for the big day. He didn’t want to have a bachelor party considering his past as an alcoholic, so we’re kind of celebrating today; Ray, Gerard and I. Ray brought a few energy drinks, and I found some potato chips in the kitchen, it’s the perfect bachelor party for three idiots, and it’s just the way Gerard wants it.

“So, are you excited?” Ray asks Gerard, struggling to get his tie right.

“Yeah, I am. And slightly nervous. What if I start stuttering? Or forget my vows? What if I make a fucking fool of myself? It would ruin everything and Juliah would probably run out of the church crying” God he’s nervous, and I feel kind of sorry for him, it’s a lot of pressure.

“You’ll do fine, Gee, and Juliah would never back out now, she loves you, you know that” I say to cheer him up, and Ray nods his head in agreement. “And besides, we’ll be right there with you” Ray adds, and it seems to calm Gerard’s nerves. At least for now.
Before we know it, it’s time to hit the road, and we almost have to carry Gerard out of the house, poor thing is shaking.

“Come on Gerard, get in, you don’t wanna be late to your own wedding” I say and almost push him into the backseat before I sit down in the front seat next to Ray. Believe it or not, I still don’t have the guts to drive here in New Jersey.

“Come on, Gee. Enough with the nerves, you kinda have to get out of the car now” I say when Ray stops the car in front of the church just minutes later. “Everyone’s already inside and you have to be in there before Juliah, you know”

“I know, it’s just so surreal. I’m getting married!”

“Yes, you are. Now come on”

We slowly enter the church, and Gerard stumbles his way up the aisle and when he’s finally in ‘his place’ he turns around to make sure we’re still there. I decide not to say anything, not making a comment about how nervous he looks, he has enough to worry about and I’m not going to make it worse.

After a few minutes the doors open, and the first one to walk down the aisle is Tess, followed by Juliah, clenching to her father’s arm. They both look beautiful, and Juliah’s wedding dress is probably the most amazing dress I’ve ever seen. As her dad gives her away, I see Gerard calming down, and it seems like all his nervousness disappeared with the touch of her hand. They smile at each other, and they both seem so at ease as the ceremony goes on, and the vows, oh the vows, I’m man enough to admit I’m actually starting to tear up a bit. The whole wedding is just beautiful, perfect, amazing, just like I thought it would be. Seeing Gerard so happy after everything he’s been through means the world to me. They’re truly meant for each other, and I love them both.

The ceremony ends, and I look at Tess as the happy couple leave the church. I can’t take my eyes off of her, and as we walk out to leave for the wedding reception she turns to look at me.

“.. and then it was all over” she says, looking at Gerard and Juliah climbing into the limo.
“It’s not over. This is only the beginning of a great life, and I can’t wait to share it with you” I say and take her hand, finally knowing everything is going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't kill me, but this is the final chapter of Disappear, the end of Frank's journey. I'm really going to miss writing this fanfic, but I'm gonna start a new one eventually, I guess. With a brand new story line, and very different from Give 'Em Hell, Kid and This Is How I Disappear. So I hope you guys aren't to disappointed with the ending of this fanfic, and that you'll read my next story when I post it. I love all of you for commenting and almost cheering for me, it wouldn't be as much fun if I didn't know someone was actually reading it. The last chapter is shorter than the previous one, but I was afraid that if I started writing too much, I would want to continue with it, and it's time to let it go, so. I hope you like it, and that you won't kill be because it's too short.

I love you all <3
xx Angelica