Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

Christmas

This was the first time I had ever woken up to soft kisses forming a line from my shoulder to behind my ear. And boy did I wish it never ended, "Merry Christmas." His voice whispered.

"Yes it is." I replied, turning over so I could face him. Sidney's lips instantly met mine, melting me into the mattress. I wound my hand into his tousled curls, pressing my lips harder against his. Suddenly, I was shifted onto my back and Sidney hovering above me.

"Maddi will be up soon." I whispered. It was a 50/50 chance that the now five year old was awake. I couldn't help but pray she was still dreaming of sugar plum fairies.

"Then I guess we'll have to be quick." Sidney said with a smirk before he devoured my neck, biting and sucking the sensitive spots. My eyes closed in pleasure.

Please don't be up just yet Maddi. Please

My hands rubbed up and down the mighty biceps on either side of me, my nails slightly scratching the skin with enough force to make a man putty in my hands.

That's when I heard it.

"Did you hear that?" I said looking towards the door, nervous Maddi would walk in on the scene. "Sidney, I think Maddi's up." Sidney stopped and lifted his head. Both of us stayed as quiet as we could to listen for any movements. That's when we heard a noise. The stairs were creaking as little feet quietly descended them.

Sidney's head fell against my shoulder but he rolled off me. I climbed out of bed and looked for the closest article of clothing and put it on.

"Where you going?" Sidney asked watching as I moved around the room for the rest of an outfit.

"To make breakfast."

"And what am I suppose to do?" He gestured to himself and the obvious man problem he was having.

"Take a cold shower." I said smirking before I left the room.

---

"Happy Birthday baby girl." I said kissing the top of Maddi's head. She was quietly sitting on the couch watching morning cartoons.

"Merry Christmas Danni." She replied.

"So what would the birthday girl like for breakfast?" I asked walking into the kitchen. The five year old followed behind me and lifted herself onto one of the island stools.

"Chocolate chip Mickey Mouse waffles with bacon and toast!!" I laughed.

"That's quite an order, but I think I can make it happen, just for you." I started pulling out all of the ingredients to make waffles, plus the chocolate chips, and the bacon and toast. Maddi had returned to her cartoons while I got to work on breakfast.

Sidney had come down stairs ten minutes later, taking a seat beside Maddi, "Happy birthday Maddi!" he said. I hadn't seen the gift in his hands until I saw the paper being ripped off and tossed over the couch.

"It's so pretty! Thank you Sidney!" I heard Maddi say. "Danni! Danni! Look what Sidney got me!" Maddi ran around the couch and the island to my side. She held up a square box, inside was a braided, silver charm bracelet. A silver heart locket with a blue topaz stone in the middle. On the other side of it was Madison's name etched on it.

"Maddi, this is beautiful. Do you want to put it on?" She nodded and held out her right hand. I unlatched the bracelet and fit it securely around her wrist. Maddi ran back to the couch to watch cartoons with Sidney as I finished up breakfast.

Naturally I'd have them come into the kitchen to eat, but being her birthday I brought Maddi's Mickey waffles to her, cut up and drenched in syrup. The three of us sat and watched the Christmas movies that played on ABC Family. Just seeing us gathered on the couch made me think of the future.

If Sidney was going to stay in my life, things would be like this everyday. Madison squeezed in between the two of us as we watched a movie. Sidney would look over at me with that smile, his face as content as mine. And maybe, just maybe we'd have the presence of another in our family.

I shook my head of these thoughts. Can't get to ahead of myself.

"Finish up eating you two. We have to get to Consol soon." I said, getting up and going to get dressed.

I had just changed my bra and panties and put on my thigh highs when someone let out a low whistle, "You're killing me Danni. Are you sure we can't just stay here?" Sidney said coming up behind me, kissing my back.

"How do you think it would look if the Captain didn't make an appearance?" I tried to reason, adding some mascara to my lashes.

"It would make me look lucky." He smirked just before he started nibbling my neck.

"And what about Maddi?"

"Max could come pick her up."

"You're just the man with the answers, huh?" I set my mascara down and Sid turned me around, lifting me up onto the counter and standing between my legs. His hands glided up my thighs, teasing the band of my thigh highs then up to my hips. Sidney pressed his plump lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing my body flat against his. His tongue slid against my bottom lip and I let him in, fighting for dominance.

"Aunt Danni, I'm ready!" I let out a little chuckle when Sidney's head dropped for the second time this morning. He backed away from the counter and towards the bathroom door but before he left he turned and said, "This isn't finished."

I just smiled and finished getting dressed. I grabbed the box with all the gift bags in it from my closet and carried it downstairs. Sidney raised an eyebrow when he saw what was in my hands and offered to take it but I said, "You'll peek."

I put the box in the trunk of the car and got in the passenger seat while Sidney drove to Consol. Everyone was there lacing up their skates to hit the ice.

Sidney and Maddi sat side by side as the young girl watched the Captain lace up his skates, mimicking his movements.

"Are you going skating too, Danni?" Maddi asked when Sidney helped her up. I shook my head.

"Sorry sweetie. Aunt Danni's not a big skater." The young girl frowned but it was wiped off her face when she saw the French-Canadian goalie strutting by, and ran over to him.

"You sure you don't want to skate?" Sid asked. I nodded and showed him my camera.

"I'll take the pictures." I walked with Sidney to the rink and sat on the bench watching the families skate in circles.

Young children fell and got back up, adults laughed at shared stories, couples skated hand in hand at peace with the world. It was a beautiful sight. I snapped several moments on my camera and promised to make a scrapbook for Maddi when she's older.

During games, the guys were serious, determined to get the W, families followed their loved ones as they skated hard down the ice and back. Everyone was serious. Now it was the opposite. People were laughing, joking around, and enjoying the holidays with their new family.

"Danni no skate?"

"No Geno. I'm not a big skater." I answered the big Russian as he leaned on the boards.

"I teach you. Go get skates."

"I appreciate the offer but I don't skate."

"Do you know how?"

"It's been a while since the last time."

"Been too long. Danni skate with us. Make me happy." He flashed me his innocent smile.

"Oh how can a girl resist such a face?"

"Not many can." I laughed.

"I don't have any skates, Geno." He went over to the door and waved me over, taking my hand down the hallway.

Apparently, the Pen's keep extra skates lying around and they just so happened to fit me. I had thought I'd get out of this but the Russian was pushy. He even laced my skates for me.

Geno stepped onto the ice first and waited, in case I was going to fall on my face once I made contact with the slippery surface. But to his surprise, I glided on the surface, circling him, "I said I hadn't skated in a while. Not that I didn't know how." The Russian cracked a grin and grabbed my hand. He twirled me in circles around the ice as if he was a professional figure skater instead of a hard core hockey player.

"Aunt Danni!" I heard Maddi yell out as Geno and I passed her and Sidney. Maddi has never seen my skate before and from the look on her face, she was surprised. So was Sidney.

"Mind if I cut in?" Sidney asked Geno. He stepped aside and traded me for Maddi.

"I thought you weren't skating?" Sidney said.

"How can I say no to that?" I asked pointing at the giant forward spinning Madison in a fast spiral.

"It's probably the accent." Sid joked.

Sidney and I skated around talking to his other teammates and their families. I got some pictures of the families, promising to email them, and some of the guys and me. Maddi had several pictures already with the team, now it was my turn.

For the next two hours, we skated around the rink just enjoying the holidays and our closest friends. I skated with Maddi the longest until one of the players scooped her up and took her away. Then Sidney would come in and kept me company.

All of us got off the ice and put on our original shoes. The families heading home for their own traditions said their goodbyes. Maddi even passed out the gift bags to those players. The rest of us followed Marc and Vero back to their place for the Christmas party.

Marc and Vero's house was wonderfully decorated with lights and Santa figurines in the front yard. I chuckled just thinking of Marc up on a ladder, Vero telling him what to do as he hung the lights.

The inside was just as beautifully decorated for the festivities. Reds and greens and golds splashed the home with holiday joy. Wreaths hung from doors, their tree was the definition of Penguins themed, and garland wrapped around every surface possible.

Scattered throughout the house, members of the team and their families talked and laughed. Food was placed in random spots along with the various drinks, alcoholic and non.

I was pulled away from Sidney by the WAGs as they discussed their plans for tomorrow and the gifts they got their children or significant other. I listened to each of their stories but there was no doubt I could use a drink right now.

And my first Christmas wish was granted.

A tap on my shoulder told me that someone was beside me. Sidney stood there with a glass of wine, "You read my mind." I said to him.

"You looked like you needed one." I smiled.

"Where's Maddi?"

"She's with the kids in Flower's man cave. But dinner's ready."

The children and the little ones were gathered around the several tables Vero set up. The WAG's helped her display the food in a buffet fashion. Table by table everyone got their plates filled with a variety of foods; ham, potatoes, veggies, rolls, everything delicious and healthy, just for the Captain.

With bellies stuffed, the women and children went to the living room to wait for the men to finish with the dishes. Just listening to them argue made everyone in the other room laugh.

"Will you hurry up! You take forever to dry!"

"Ever heard of a dishwasher, Flower?"

"Dude, you got soap in my eyes!"

"If someone breaks my dishes, I'm going to be pissed!" Vero threatened. The kitchen went silent.

"Didn't you hear her? Be careful!" Marc hissed to whoever was misbehaving.

After 20 minutes, the men joined us in the living room, sitting with their loved ones. I sat on Sidney's lap, Maddi resting against his leg on the floor.

"So, not only are we celebrating the holidays," Vero started, "But it's also Maddi's birthday! And Marc and I got her something we'd thought she'd like." Marc came into the room carrying a big box in his arms and a bag looped on one. He set the gifts in front of Maddi and she tore through them.

In the bag was a mask. Not just any mask, but a blue goalies mask, "I had a guy specially design it. There's a skating penguin for the team with a big 9 next to it and a small number 29 on the other side surrounded by a flurry. They even painted on my autograph. And on the back I copied Danni's tattoo...for her mother." Marc explained.

Maddi and I starred at it in awe. It was professionally designed and painted, the details perfect.

"Marc, this is amazing." I said when Maddi handed the mask to me and continued with her gifts. I couldn't take my eyes off the back plate, the design matching my tattoo exactly.

"I hope you don't mind. I snuck a picture of it for him." Sidney told me. I just brushed my fingers over the lily.

"Aunt Danni, look!" Maddi snapped me out of my trance as she held up a leg pad with blue and gold strips on the white padding. The next was the upper goalie padding and the stick.

"Wow Marc, Vero...this is...wonderful." I said, not quite sure why Maddi was really getting the goalie equipment. Her and Maddi hadn't discussed if she really was going to play hockey.

"If Maddi wanted to be a goalie, we wanted to make sure she was fully prepared." Marc answered, Vero snuggling into his side.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa...I beg to differ." Jordan said standing up, with Kris and Geno. The three men left the room, only to return with their own gifts.

Madison started with Jordan's gift which was several practice jerseys in different colors, all with her name stitched onto the back of them, and the number 9 on the back. Geno had gotten her the various pads for a hockey player and Kris bought her three hockey sticks with a gift card to get more when needed.

"She's ready to play some hockey." Jordan said with a shit eating grin.

"Thank you so much!" Maddi said hugging each one of them for their gifts.

"With our help, Maddi will be the greatest hockey player known to man," Marc said, "We'll even make her better than Crosby."

"This is great guys. Thank you." I said trying to sound happy. I didn't want Maddi to think something was wrong. Obviously, Sidney saw through it but said nothing.

"We have presents too!" Maddi yelled jumping to her feet and went off to the other room for the box. Maddi must not have been able to lift it because it was dragging across the floor. Kris got up to help her carry the box into the center of the room. Maddi distributed the bags to their respected owner and watched as everyone opened their bags. The guys pulled out the frames, everyone of them smiling at the pictures in their personalized gift.

"Maddi, did you make these?" Max asked. The little girl nodded enthusiastically.

"These are great! I'm going to put it right on my mantle." Jordan said like it was the best Christmas present a filthy rich athlete could get.

Sidney was quiet as he looked at his picture. Maddi had chosen a picture with all three of us in it. We weren't looking at the camera but Maddi was in Sidney's arms and I was standing beside them, brushing a strand of Maddi's hair from her face. The three of us with smiles on our faces. It was after a game, a win. I remember it perfectly. It was one of my favorite from the pile and I put it in my room, waiting for a frame of its own.

"Do you like it Sidney?" Maddi asked the quiet Captain.

"I love it. Thank you so much." He leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

---

"She's knocked out." Sidney said as he carried Maddi up the stairs and to her room. I followed behind with the last of the presents she received from the team. This girl was totally spoiled tonight.

"She was bound to crash. Did you see how much cake she ate? She rivaled Jordan." I whispered setting the bags down in the corner. I picked out some pajamas and changed her quick.

"Happy birthday sweetie." I said before I kissed her forehead.

In my bedroom, I walked into the bathroom to take off my jewelry.

"You know...Christmas isn't over ," Sid said coming up behind me "I haven't given you your present yet." I watched him in the mirror as he moved my hair to the side and kissed my neck gently. My sweater softly fell from my shoulders. "Maybe we can continue where we left off this morning."

"Both times." I added with a slight chuckle.

"That's mean. That's really mean." He said, turning me around, setting me on the counter just like before. "I think I liked you better in what you had on this morning."

Sidney's hands traveled up my sides slipping up the silky material of my tank top and bringing it over my head. He began to fuss with the belt on my skirt but I rolled my eyes, getting off the counter and pulling the skirt off my hips.

Sidney took a step back, taking me in before he pulled his shirt over his head and lifting me in the air. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he carried me to the bed, dropping me before climbing on top. I rolled Sidney over so I dominated. Sidney just looked up at me a little surprised as I sat up.

"I haven't given you your present yet either."

Sidney's once light hazel eyes turned dark. An evil smirk graced his plump, pink lips.

"Merry Christmas."

---

"Little more wrist there Maddi."

"This is really hard." The young girl whined.

"You'll get it baby girl. It takes a lot of practice." I reassured Madison.

"Okay...I can do this."

"That's the spirit." Sidney said passing Maddi another puck.

It was after practice and Sidney volunteered to help Maddi learn the basics of hockey. She had been asking the week after she got her gifts and was eager to use them. She struggled in the beginning but was able to pass the puck and skate with it on the end of her stick. Now she was working on shooting.

"What's going on here?"

"Hey Mario." Sidney greeted the former player as he walked onto the ice.

"Sidney's teaching me how to play hockey!" Maddi yelled.

"I see that. How's it going?" He asked turning to me.

"She's making progress."

"Is she on a team yet?"

"We missed sign ups but that gives her a year to get ready." I answered.

"She'll be ready. If she's working with this team, she'll be ready." Mario said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Hey Sid, the guys wanna clean the ice."

"Alright," Sid nodded, "Hey Mads, we're gonna call it a day. We can come back tomorrow." Sidney said to the little girl. Maddi nodded and skated around to collect the pucks.

"Nathalie is wondering if you're coming over for dinner." Mario said as we walked off the ice.

"I think the guys are coming over tonight. The family's welcome to join." I invited. Mario smiled.

"We'll be there." I smiled. Sidney and Madison changed and met me outside where I was warming the car up.

Sidney showered first while I got dinner started. Marc, Vero, Jordan, Geno, Kris, Tyler, and now the Lemieux's were joining. It was going to be a big dinner.

When Sidney finished, he came downstairs, "Sid, can you watch the stove while I help Maddi shower?"

"What do I need to do?"

"Just make sure the house doesn't burn up." I teased kissing his cheek.

"Madison, ready for your shower?" I called out as I walked up the stairs. I glanced in her room to see her looking down at her dirty practice jersey she was holding, the name and number facing her. "Maddi, you alright?"

"Do you think she'd be proud?" She asked just above a whisper. I knelled down by her side, my fingers grazing the name. "Do you think she would want me to play hockey?"

"Sweetie, your mom would want you to do anything that makes you happy."

"I know, but would she be proud that I'm playing hockey?"

"You're mom was the biggest hockey fan I know. You playing hockey is a sign from your mother. She is watching you every step of the way and would be beyond thrilled that you're playing hockey."

"Can we visit her soon?" I kissed the top of her head.

"Soon, we'll see her real soon. Maybe you can write her a letter again, like Dr. Richards said."

"I'll write it after my shower." She said with a smile. I smiled back and walked her to the bathroom.

Madison finished her shower, clean and glowing. She ran back to her room to write a letter in her stationary while I went back downstairs. Thankfully, there was no black smoke or a fire blazing over my stove, "Good to see the house is still intact." I joked wrapping my arms around Sidney.

"It's boiling water." He said pointing at the pot of water.

"Exactly." His arm reached behind me, slapping my ass.

"Where's Mads?"

"She's up stairs doing something quick." I let go of Sid and went about getting the chicken ready for the oven.

"Everything okay? You seem a little...I don't know...unsure about something?" Sid asked stirring the pasta he poured into the pan.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Danielle." I raised my eyebrow.

"Who are you? My mother?"

"Babe, I care about you. What's on your mind?" I sighed.

"Maddi asked about her mom."

"What did she say?" He asked taking me hand in his.

"She asked if her mom is proud of her for playing hockey."

"What'd you tell her?"

"I said 'of course'."

"And what do you think?"

"The party has arrived!" One voice called out as the owner walked through the front door followed by numerous voices. Vero and Nathalie appeared in the kitchen, bowls and plates in their hands.

"We couldn't let you cook everything." Nathalie said setting her bowl down. She kissed Sidney's and my cheeks.

Marc joined us stealing a cookie from under the tinfoil covering Vero's plate. She slapped his hand but he got away with the cookie.

"Keep it up Marc and you won't eat dinner tonight!" She yelled.

"You're here!" Maddi's cheerful voice was added to the room when she came down the stairs. The guys greeted the five year old with hugs and kisses, like family being reunited again.

"Oh hey Danni, I brought your mail in for you." Jordan said tossing it onto the kitchen counter before running off to crowd around the TV with the others.

"You're too kind, Jordan." I called back.

Nathalie and Vero helped me finish with dinner and we were eating 20 minutes later. After the commotion a Christmas, the girls decided to clean up after dinner. The last thing I needed was a broken plate.

I was the last one in the kitchen when we finished, wiping down the counters, "Hey Danni, can you grab me a beer, pretty please?" Jordan asked from the living room.

"Anything for you, Gronk!"

"Hey!" I heard Sidney say followed by an "Ow!" from Jordan. I laughed grabbing a beer from the fridge and setting it on the island next to my mail.

I quickly flipped through the envelops to see if I had anything of importance when I spotted one with no return address. I opened up the thick envelop to have many papers inside. I read the first piece of paper and my heart stopped.

I had threw the papers back on the counter but accidentally hit the beer bottle, knocking it to the floor.

"Danni?" I heard Sidney say. Hot, angry tears fell from my eyes.

I couldn't believe this! How could this happen? I was careful with everything!

"Danni, what's wrong?" Sidney saw me backed up against the counter crying and holding my head. "Danni, baby, talk to me." I just pointed to the counter. Sidney furrowed his brows as he carefully picked up the opened envelop and read it.

"It was just a beer Dan--What's wrong?" Jordan asked as he and Mario came into the kitchen.

"Sidney, what's the problem?" Mario asked.

"Danni's being sued."

"For what?" Jordan questioned.

"Custody of Madison."

"By who?"

"Madison's father."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am terrible sorry so taking so long! I messed up the chapter and had to go back and fix it on top of writing chapters for my other story. Now that I've gotten into the main part of the story I'll try to do a better job with updating.

I hope you enjoyed it. Bare with me on the whole custody thing. I've got to do a little research but hopefully it'll be right. You'll have to keep reading to see where this is going. Thanks for sticking with me.

Keep reading, keep commenting, keep being fabulous.

With love<3