Status: active

Cash In Now Honey

Olymprick

My run was smooth as the fresh powder rose in my trail. I was doing really well until some guy came out of nowhere and cut me off. I veered to the right and wiped out. The guy stopped and looked over at me.
“Asshole, what was that?!” I yelled as I righted myself and threw my goggles into the snow beside me.
“Sorry, I didn’t see you,” he yelled as he stepped out of his board and trudged up to me.
“Bullshit,” I said to him.
“Honest, I didn’t. Are you alright?” he asked as he stopped in front of me.
“Yeah. Bruised I’m sure, but fine,” I said. He extended a hand, which I took, and pulled me up.
“Your run was really smooth. Pretty flawless,” he said to me.
“Thanks,” I said to him.
“You been boarding for long?” he asked.
“Um, yeah since I was seven,” I told him.
“It shows,” he said, peeling off his goggles. “I’m Jake by the way.”
“Carson,” I said to him. Two guys came to clean stops beside us and looked over.
“What’d you do now, Blauvelt?” one of them asked. The guy’s voice sounded familiar but I wasn’t sure why until he pulled off his goggles. It was Mason Aguirre. I looked over at Jake and began to recognize him as well. The third guy had yet to say anything, he just stood there and was looking over at us.
“Cut her off on accident,” Jake replied. Mason looked over at me and smiled.
“I’m Mason,” he said, extending his gloved hand.
“Carson,” I said to him. The other guy looked away then and headed on down the slope. We all looked after him and the two guys looked perplexed.
“What’s up his ass?” Jake asked. Mason shrugged and followed after him. Jake stepped back onto his board and nodded for me to follow. We all ended up in a line at the bottom of the slope, along with the guy I had yet to meet. The third guy finally pulled off his goggles as I was undoing my bindings. My jaw dropped then snapped up and tightened as I took three steps towards him and slapped him across the face.
“Ooohh,” I heard both Jake and Mason say as I picked up my board and looked back over at the guy.
“Fuck you, Scotty,” I said before I stomped off towards the parking lot.
“Carson, wait!” he yelled after me. I lifted my hand above my head and flipped him the bird as I continued on towards my vehicle. I opened the back door off my Tahoe and placed my board inside. I sat on the bumper and pulled off my boots, chucking them into my trunk and pulled on my regular snow boots. I peeled off my coat and pulled on a hoodie before slamming the door shut. I rounded the corner of my Tahoe and found Scotty standing in front of my driver’s door.
“Carson, please,” he said to me.
“No, Scotty. Just....no,” I said to him as I tried to push him out of the way. He placed his hand on my waist and held me where I was tightly. I tried to push him off but eventually just gave up and repeatedly started hitting him in the chest. I hadn’t let out any aggression since everything had happened and it felt good to do but really draining.
“What did you want me to do? It was the Olympics,” he said to me.
“You could have called. You yourself Scotty, not your mom. I mean really?” I said to him as tears flooded down my face.
“Hey, woah Car. Please don’t cry,” he said to me.
“No, you have no right to tell me what to do anymore,” I said to him. I pushed Scotty away from me, opened the car door, climbed in and slammed the door shut. Scotty was quicker than me and pulled the door open.
“Please Carson, just listen to me,” he said to me. I shook my head as I started the car. Scotty grabbed onto the handle on the inside of my door because he knew I would never intentionally hurt him so it stopped me from backing up.
“Scotty,” I said to him.
“Carson, please,” he said. I looked over at him and almost gave in but then looked through my windshield and saw Jake and Mason standing there.
“No, Scotty. I just...I can’t,” I said to him as I shifted my Tahoe into reverse. He got the point, stepped back from my car, and shut the door. I backed out of the space and, as I shifted into drive, looked over at Scotty. He was sitting on the curb with his head in his hands, looking at the ground. Jake and Mason were slowly making their way towards him as I pulled away.