Status: active

Cash In Now Honey

Don't Avoid The Question

I woke up the next morning and opened my eyes, expecting Mason to be beside me but he wasn’t. I saw a piece of paper that was folded in half on the nightstand on the opposite side of the bed with my name scribbled on the front.

Good Morning Carson,
I had to go and get ready for some sponsor stuff this afternoon. I hope you aren’t too hungover otherwise our date tonight might not be too much fun. Wait, it probably still will be. Anyways, I’ll see you at 6.
Mason

I smiled and stretched. I got up and took a shower, braiding my hair into french braids. I went and put on a pair of jogger’s sweats, a Vancouver Canucks raglan t-shirt and socks. I put my boot on my left foot and made my way downstairs. It was already 3 but Mason and I hadn’t made it home until about 5 this morning so it was logical I slept that long. I saw a note on the counter saying that my brother Justin took Barrett to work with him and that he’d drop him off at about 5:30 then he and Ryan were heading to Reno for the weekend. I smiled. Good, Mason and I would have to house to ourselves. I called Justin and told him I was running to the store and to just leave Barrett in the house if I wasn’t back when he got here. I took my regular car and went to the store.

I picked up some ice cream and popcorn, along with some candy to put in the popcorn. I bought some Sprite and used my fake ID to buy some beer to have in the house. I knew we didn’t have much other food so I stocked up on non-perishables to have in the house. I spent a good two hours in the grocery store and over $400 but it was my dad’s money so I didn’t care too much. I went and picked up the pizza and bread sticks I had ordered and headed back to the house. It was 5:43 when I got back so I hurried and got everything inside. I wasn’t planning on changing, Mason knew we were staying at the house so it wasn’t a big deal. I beefed up the fire in the fireplace a little and went and found Barrett in my room. He came downstairs with me and I was halfway down the top flight of stairs when the doorbell rang.

“IT’S OPEN!” I yelled as loud as I could. I heard the front door open and then Mason saying hi
to Barrett. I heard the rustling of a coat and then shoes being set aside.

“Carson, where are you?” Mason called.

“On the stairs,” I said as I made it to the middle of the bottom flight of stairs. Mason appeared at the bottom and smiled at me.

“Hey,” I said to him with a smile.

“Hi,” he replied as I made it to the second to last step. I hit the bottom step and then was on the ground floor.

“That’s tiring after a while,” I commented. “I can’t wait to get back home, no stairs.” Mason chuckled and looked at me.

“And where do you call home, Carson?” he asked me. I looked down and made my way into
the kitchen.

“You hungry?” I asked him.

“Carson, don’t avoid the question,” Mason said to me. I sighed and pulled myself up onto the granite countertop. Mason placed himself in front of me and put his hands on my knees. I moved my knees so that they were resting against either side of his body.

“A ways away,” I replied.

“As in?” Mason asked.

“Carlsbad,” I told him.

“Really?” he asked. I nodded. “Good.” I was perplexed.

“How’s that good? We’ll be like six hours apart,” I told him.

“Not for long. I live in Encinitas. It’s only like a fifteen minute drive,” he said to me. I reached forward and wrapped my arms around his neck. He embraced me and chuckled. “You looked worried.”

“I was,” I said as I pulled back. I looked down at my lap before I spoke. “I’ve been having fun with you, Mase. I was just worried that when I leave Sunday, it would end.”

“Sunday?” Mason questioned. I nodded.

“I’m heading back home so I can gear up for my other job,” I told him.

“I’m not heading home for another week,” he said sadly.

“It’ll be alright. Let’s just have fun while we’re together then we can have fun again in a week,” I said to him.

“Yeah. You know, I’m in Carlsbad quite a bit,” he said.

“Why’s that?” I asked him.

“KP lives there and Mitrani’s are down quite a bit because a lot of Squid’s friends live down there. Most of the guys live in the area as well. Well, besides Scotty but you knew that,” Mason said. “You said other job. What other job?”

“I, um, work for Billabong. Kind of a rep I guess. I go and scout people that they are looking to sponsor and work with the other teams. I do quite a bit with the snow team,” I told Mason.

“Wait. So you’re telling me you snowboard and surf?” he asked. I nodded my head yes. “Wow, you keep getting better and better the more I get to know you.” I blushed and looked down at my lap. Mason leaned forward and kissed me, tipping my head up so it was comfortable for him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his wrapped back around my waist. I felt his phone going off in the pocket of his hoodie and pulled back.

“Answer it,” I said to him.

“No, we’re on a date,” he said, leaning forward again.

“Mason, it could be important. At least look to see who it is,” I said. He pulled out his phone and checked the screen.

“I actually should take this,” he said. He stayed where he was as he hit send and placed the phone by his ear. “Hey Dad.” I sat and played with Mason’s hair for a little while before I picked up his free hand and fidgeted with his fingers. He pulled his hand away and placed it on my waist, pulling me towards him, hugging me. I did the same and just sat there with my arms around him, my cheek resting on his shoulder, lips brushing his neck, for about five minutes.

“Alright, Dad. Yeah, I’ll talk to you later. Yeah, love you too,” he said before he hung up. “So what’s with all the food?” Mason was looking around at all of the grocery bags on the counters.

“I stocked up. We didn’t have much left and I knew that my brother Justin and douche bag would be here for a while so I decided to get them some stuff,” I told Mason.

“Yeah, um no offense but Ryan seems like a huge asshole,” Mason said.

“No offense taken. I think the same thing,” I told him. “So don’t be surprised if I spend as much time away from this place as possible for the next week.”

“You can come chill at my place or I’m sure Jack and Squid wouldn’t mind some female company,” Mason said.

“Yeah, I could make them dinner or something. Sorry, I got lazy tonight and just ordered pizza but I can cook. I’m actually a fantastic cook,” I said to Mason.

“I’ll have to challenge you to that sometime and pizza’s cool. You ready to eat? I’m fucking starving.” I nodded and slid off the counter. I was completely relaxed and it felt great. I grabbed two pieces of pizza and some bread sticks before pouring myself some Sprite.

“You can take whatever you want from the fridge,” I told him as I placed the bottle of Sprite back on the shelf. He reached around me and grabbed a bottle of water, kissing my cheek in the process. He carried my stuff into the living room for me and we sat on the couch. I put my leg up on the coffee table and scooted a little closer to Mason.

“So, what are we doing?” Mason asked me.

“Well, I was thinking we could watch a few of the X-Men movies that Scotty stole from your house and then maybe go sit in the hot tub. It would be nice for my ankle,” I said to him.

“I didn’t bring any shorts,” Mason said to me.

“I think we probably have something around. My Uncle Mike gave me some Quiksilver stuff. I think some of the board shorts are probably your size,” I said to him. Mason nodded in agreement and took my plate. He went and put our plates in the kitchen and came back into the living room. He laid down on the couch as I put a movie in the DVD player. I got everything set up and hobbled over to Mason. I laid down on the couch in front of Mason as X-Men began to play. Mason draped his arm over my waist and pulled me back against him before taking my hand in his.

We watched the first two movies before Mason started anything. I had just laid down after putting in the third movie and Mason moved my braid aside and kissed my neck. As the movie rolled, Mason’s hand moved from where it was on my hip and slipped around onto my stomach. He pushed up my shirt’s hem and ran his hand over my stomach.

“Wow, you’re more in shape than I thought,” Mason said beside my ear. I rolled over so I was facing Mason. Two could play this game. I let my hands slip up under Mason’s t-shirt and ran my hand up his stomach and then back down his torso, digging in my fingertips a little bit.

“Mm, same here,” I replied with a grin.

“I think it’s hot tub time,” Mason said to me. I smiled and rolled into a sitting position. I stood and grabbed my crutches and began for the stairs. I was half way up the second flight of stairs when Mason wrapped his arms around my waist. I laughed and made my way the rest of the way upstairs. I went into my room and pulled the Quiksilver box from my closet. I pushed the box towards Mason before going to my dresser.

“I’ve got these or Billabong,” I told Mason.

“These’ll be fine,” he said to me with a grin.

“Take whatever you need,” I said to him as he looked through the box. I grabbed my aqua
blue Billabong bikini and went into the bathroom. I was still kind of tan from my Billabong
employee photo shoot they’d had in Australia a week before I came up to Mammoth. I took off my air boot and rested it against the counter before tucking towels under my arms and went back into my room. Mason was walking around my bedroom in a pair of white and navy blue horizontal striped Quicksilver board shorts, looking over pictures and such, and it took a lot for me to not let my jaw drop. Mason’s body was bangin’. He was amazingly toned and damn did that boy have an ass. Wow. Mason looked over at me and he had kind of the same expression as I figured I had on my face. Mason looked up and locked eyes with me and smiled. I did the same and went over to him. Mason took the towels from me and we headed downstairs.

I went to the sliding door and opened it up, going out into the cold. Mason flipped off the cover of the hot tub as I sat my crutches by the door. He came over and picked me up, kissing me in the process. I laughed and Mason placed me lightly on the edge of the hot tub. I swung my feet in and slipped down into the hot tub. He joined me and sunk back into one of the seats. I went over to the panel and turned on the jets and the lights and scooted over to the seat across from Mason. I looked over at him and he gingerly took my feet and placed them in his lap. We talked for a while but I started to get a little lonely. I pulled my feet from Mason’s lap and went over to him. I placed my legs on either side of his and sat on his lap, facing him. I lightly massaged his neck as he looked up at me. I leaned forward and kissed him and things heated up. Mason’s hands moved up from my hips to my back. They slowly slid up my back and then back down, over my butt to my thighs and back up again, in a rhythmic cycle. The jets kicked off but Mason and I didn’t. I moved my lips to Mason’s neck and kissed down it, across his collarbone and up the other side of his neck. Mason tipped up my chin and kissed the base of my neck. I was so into what was going on with Mason that neither one of us had heard the front door open until someone cleared their throat. I looked behind me and saw Scotty standing there with Jack and
Danny.

“Dude,” Mason yelled at him as he instinctively pulled me closer to him.

“What? I didn’t know you two would be so friendly already. You haven’t even known each other for a week,” Scotty said. “Plus, it’s nothing I haven’t seen or done before.” I flipped him off for that comment, making him smirk a little.

“Why didn’t you knock or something?” Mason asked.

“I did but when no one answers, I always just come in,” Scotty said.

“Could you guys, um, give us a few minutes?” I asked.

“We’ll just go,” Danny said.

“No, it’s chill. Scotty killed the mood a little anyways,” Mason said. He helped me out of the hot tub and handed me a towel and my crutches.

“I’ve got some clothes upstairs for you if you need them,” I said to Mason. He nodded, came over to me, and kissed me.

“We’re both going to be sick tomorrow,” he said. I nodded but grinned. We made our way inside and I asked Scotty to put the cover back on the hot tub for me. He nodded and went outside. Mason and I went back upstairs and into the little office that was up there. I pulled open the closet and pulled out a big Rubbermaid container and then a smaller one. I opened the smaller and then the larger.

“Have at it,” I said as I took a seat in the computer desk chair.

“Where’d you get all of this?” he asked me as he looked through the smaller container of boxers, women’s underwear, and socks.

“Well, Quiksilver bought out Mervin and so my Uncle Mike gets free stuff from them and it normally just ends up here. The Billabong stuff mixed in is stuff I’ve gotten from work,” I told him. Mason grabbed a pair of Quiksilver boxers and socks before moving on to the other box. He pulled a pair of black Quiksilver athletic pants out, checked the size, and slung them over his shoulder for a minute. He scrounged around and grabbed a Billabong t-shirt before putting the lids back on the tubs and pushing them into the closet. We went into my room and I picked out some pajamas while Mason changed. I grabbed some undergarments, a pair of PINK boxer sleeping shorts and a tank top, along with Mason’s hoodie from the floor. He came out and I slipped into the bathroom and changed, putting my air boot back on. I came out and saw Mason sitting on my bed. He smiled when he saw I had on his hoodie and stood.

We went downstairs to find Scotty, Jack, and Danny sitting on the couch eating the left over pizza, watching the third X-Men movie. Mason sat in the oversized recliner and lightly pulled me down with him. I leaned my crutches against the wall and leaned back with him, laid on my side and snuggled into the spot between him and the arm rest. Mason put his left arm around me and took my left hand in his right and laid them on his stomach. I fell asleep and woke up at about 2 a.m with a fleece blanket over Mason and I. I looked over and saw Jack, Danny, and Scotty passed out. Jack had moved into the other recliner, Danny was on the couch, and Scotty was on the floor cushions in front of the fireplace. I went back to sleep and slept contently the remainder of the night.