Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter twelve

“I was in the diner in disguise, however I wore my cape to keep them on their toes to make sure there would be no attacks on civilians, to make them wonder if it’s me or not. During their meeting, there were a few of them. They were discussing how they were going to recruit new members, when that certain one you met couldn’t keep his eyes off you, Emily.” Lance explained.

“Naturally.” Cat replied, rolling her eyes.

I stayed silent, whilst Lance looked like he didn’t know what to do or say. He cleared his throat awkwardly, and continued on with his explanation.

“The other rocket grunts agreed you’d be a good addition to the team. They stated you have something a lot of people don’t have about them. An aurora of innocence. You have such an innocent look to you, and this would be a valuable asset to Team Rocket. So as the grunt went to flirt with you and you gave him your number, the others noticed your friend, Cat here. They agreed she has the same aurora of innocence about her as you do. I believe that Team Rocket will try and recruit the both of you, both of you being valuable assets to their team.” Lance explained to us.

“I would never dream of such a thing, Lance.” Cat said, batting her eyelashes at Lance.

“I would. I’ve always wanted to join Team Rocket. Kidding.” I joked, but both Lance and Cat ignored me.

“The task at hand for both of you girls is dangerous. But I feel like I can trust you both. You must both promise to me that you’ll do everything I say, no matter what I ask? By asking this, I’m asking you to put your upmost trust into me and trust that I will make sure you girls come to no harm. Okay?” Lance asked us both.

“Sure Lance, I’d always trust you.” Cat piped up.

I stood back to think about it for a second. Usually I would never promise to do something anybody says, but Lance had asked us to trust him, and to trust he’d only ask what was for our wellbeing. He was also the Pokémon champion and member of the G-Men, so if anybody could be trusted, it was him.

“I promise. I can trust you.” I smiled.

“Good. Well, we’ll have to do this step by step to try to anticipate every move Team Rocket plays, and to not confuse ourselves. The only problem is, you’re going to have to remain in Blackthorn City for a while. I know for a fact that the two males you are travelling with will not be okay with that.” Lance stated.

“Oh, doesn’t matter. We’ll just chill here and they can continue.” Cat shrugged.

“Wait a second, how would YOU know about Brent and Aaron’s rushes through the Johto region?” I asked Lance, narrowing my eyes at him, not liking all he knew about us.

“You two are almost like running commentary here. The cheerful one, and the sarcastic one.” Lance replied, however not bitterly or sarcastically, just in an observant one.

I dropped the look I was giving him.

“Look, I’m sorry, and I guess I’m reneging on my promise to trust you. I’m just really curious how you know all of this, and if you want us to trust you, you probably shouldn’t keep things from us. Trust us, and we’ll trust you.” I weakly smiled.

“You do have a point. That’s a good theory; we all must trust each other and being open with each other will help that. After I saw the Team Rocket grunt approach you Emily, I figured you’d all have been travelling Johto and even overheard the boys in your group state that. So I made a few calls, and although Jasmine and Pryce gave me a little information, Morty was very helpful in giving me your names and all the information he knew about you two.” Lance stated.

“Okay. So what’s phase one? I assume we’ll be breaking this up into phases, in order to study what moves they play and how we can play it back, as well as making things less complicated.” I asked.

“Great idea. This is phase one. You both have tasks to do in order to help out. I’ll leave it up to both of you to tell the two guys you won’t be joining them in the rest of their journey, however Emily, tonight you must go on the date with that Team Rocket grunt.” Lance stated.

“I’ll gladly tell the guys if you want, Em? You have the hardest task that date is going to be horrible and scary. It’s not fair if you have all the tasks, so I’ll be happy to do one and you can do the other.” Cat suggested.

“That would be very lovely, that’s a very nice suggestion. You have to help me get ready for the date though, I want to look as hot as possible.” I said to Cat, who nodded eagerly, happy to help out a friend and be a total girl at the same time.

“Oh and Lance, I’ll need to run my outfit and make-up past you once I’m all done up. I’ll need your input.” I said to Lance, giving him a wink, which in turn made him blush.

Before anybody could make a comment, the doors to the room opened, Brent and Aaron walked in clearly unhappy, it was made apparent that they lost.

“Well that was easy.” Clair arrogantly stated, walking in behind them.

“Don’t be smug for too long, we’re going to go against the weaker gym leaders and come back here and beat you sooo good! Then you’re next, Lance!” Aaron loudly said, taking a step into the middle of the room.

“You know what? Why don’t we battle anyway. I’ll be glad to battle you both tomorrow, however it won’t be an official match and my title will not be up for grabs. What do you say?” Lance offered the two.

“No way! Why would we bother battling you when we don’t receive anything in return if we win?” Aaron said, crossing his arms in a huff.

“Aaron what are you saying! This is the perfect idea. We can check out his Pokémon and battle moves to give us an advantage when we do battle him again oneday for the title. Please Lance, if Aaron doesn’t accept your challenge let me.” Brent asked Lance, sounding civil, very different to Aaron.

“Oh wait you’re right! Yeah, Lance, we accept your battle.” Aaron quickly said, not letting his usual cockiness let him down.

“Great, then it’s settled. Be back at the Blackthorn City Gym at ten am tomorrow. I suggest you should all go book some rooms in the Pokémon centre right now, considering you’ll be staying here overnight.” Lance said to the boys, but sent a wink to Cat and I.

Now I get it. He challenged them so that they’d be forced to stay in Blackthorn City gym in order for Cat and I to complete phase one tonight.

It’s two bad those two boys are so thick headed that Lance keeps being able to use them as pawns.
♠ ♠ ♠
My boyfriend and I have both enthusiastically agreed that if we ever get married, instead of playing 'Here Comes The Bride' when I walk down the aisle, we're getting someone to play the original R/B/Y gym theme (also known as the elite 4 theme)