Status: Slowly Active

Sometimes the Truth Hurts More Than Lies

I See Stars

Image

As anyone walked down those two flights of stairs leading into the basement their mind had to be kept open. Almost anything could be going on; anything from video games to sleeping to band practice. The number of bodies always varied, mostly there was eight; six boys and two girls.
At this very moment eight bodies scattered their way amongst the floor, the chairs and even the broken sofa. More than half of the boys hunched their bodies over by the computer watching the video Aiden and myself took of them at the high school talent show just days ago. From what I could see... They all looked quite satisfied. To my left sat Aiden, her thumbs quickly gliding over her phone as she sent someone a message, to my right were Jeff and Zach, of course they sat on their asses playing away at what looked to be Call of Duty; gross.

Devin stood up from the computer chair and spun around. "Congrats girls, you did well." His smile flashed across his face. "Glad to hear that." I could feel my face slowly starting to turn red. Aiden looked at me with a look of irritation. "What's going on?"
"We have to go into work in less than two hours." She grumbled. "You guys always get called in when we have things planned." Jimmy said sadly.
Work wasn't really my thing, but we had to make do with it if we wanted a place to live, and a chance to eat. Coffee shops weren't a horrible place to work either, especially since I had Aiden with me.
"What time are you off?" Andrew asked from somewhere in the dark room. "Around eight." Aiden answered. "Come back?" All the boys asked in unison. Both Aiden and I looked at each other "Not like we have much else to do."
"Yeah we'll be back over when we can." Aiden seemed a little snappy for some reason, I couldn't really figure out why.

It took me some time to realize just Devin, Jimmy, Aiden and I remained in the basement. Jimmy sat next to Aiden strumming quietly on his guitar while Devin hummed in my ear. Devin usually wasn't one to be quiet, especially around me. "You doing okay?" He looked up from where ever his gaze was and stared at me. "Do you know how badly I wish we had a gig?" He asked me. I shook my head silently and looked at Jimmy. "We've been a band for awhile... We've only played here... And at school." Jimmy added in. "Go ask local bars to play there." Aiden suggested, her voice was more sweet instead of as sour as it was earlier. "We have... We aren't old enough." The boys muttered together. "Well..."
"Mari... We gotta go." Aiden interrupted. A little bit of depression washed over me as I stood to my feet. I hated work so much. I really didn't like leaving Devin either, or any of the boys for that matter.
Devin hugged me tightly, Jimmy did the same with Aiden before we both grabbed our bags and reluctantly walked upstairs. Each of the other boys sadly said goodbye to us one by one and then their friendly faces were gone.

"Why the fuck did we need to be called in? No one's even showing up!" We've been sitting in the coffee shop for the last hour and we haven't had one customer show up. "This sucks major ass dude..."
My eyes scanned over the shop, everything was completely clean, the open sign was showing; what the hell was wrong? "Hey Aiden..." I spoke slowly as my eye caught a flyer on the bulletin board. "Look at this." My body floated over to the brigh green piece of paper.
"Talented? Undiscovered? Want to show off? Live talent wanted, apply now!"
"The guys!" We said together. "Tell them?" I asked with a smile. "Well of course." Aiden smiled back. Her phone snapped a picture of the flyer and she began sending it out as if her life was about to end. "They have to do this, I See Stars needs to be discovered."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter :3 A little slow but it'll pick up soon!
Subscribe? C: