Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 12

"God, forbid someone wanted to spend time with me. Jon's my friend you know." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well I gotta go. I'm heading out with some friends." She gave me the usual no drinking/sex talk and hung up.

As much as she acts like my mother...I miss Kara. We hadn't talked in a while and I just wanted to see her again.

She wanted to see Jon. She didn't say anything about seeing me. Why would she want to see him? What's wrong with me?

I ran my hands over my face and through my hair, "Who were you just talking too?"I turned my head and saw my sister Erika leaning against the door frame.

"Um, just a friend."

"Was it Jon?"

"No it wasn't Jon."

"Who was it?"

"Why do you care?"

"I don't know. It just sounded like a interesting conversation. Was it a girl?" I stood up and went to my closet. "It is a girl. Who is she? Do I know her?"

"Um, yeah...it was Kara." I mumbled.

"Kara...Kara...is that the same girl you brought to the lake house?" I nodded, stripping off my shirt. "You're still talking to her? Wow...are you two dating?"

"No Erika, we're not."

"You're not dating? Well do you like her?" I let out a howling laugh as I pulled on a clean polo.

"What? No, I don't like Kara."

"Oh okay...well...does Jon like her?"

"Why would you ask that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. They seemed pretty close at the party. I couldn't get anywhere near her."

"They're just friends Erika, okay? Just drop it." I snapped.

"Why are you so defensive about it? You must like her."

"I'm not defensive."

"So...let's say, her and Jon were dating...you wouldn't care?"

"They wouldn't date."

"But if they did..."

"I wouldn't care because I know they wouldn't."

"Whatever Pat." she huffed and left. She's wrong. They wouldn't date. They're my friends. That couldn't happen.

Besides...what would she see in Jon? I scored the winning goal for the Stanley Cup. I have a silver medal from the Olympics. Sure, Jon has gold...and he's the captain of the Hawks but Kara doesn't care about that. She doesn't care for money or fame. She just wants a normal guy. Someone that will make her happy. Someone that will make her laugh. Make her feel loved. Someone that appreciates everything about her. Someone that will always be there for her, who will be her best friend. Someone that will remind her how amazing she is. Some that will love her. Someone like...

"Patrick!"

----

God I'm so bored!! There's nothing to do...okay I could train but I don't want to get off the couch. I've been like this for the past few days. I hadn't left the house at all, let alone the couch.

I haven't gone out. I haven't had a drink. I haven't had sex....I'm fucking bored!!

This is Kara's fault....yeah. Kara is the one that's talked me out of partying. She's the reason I'm bored.

Okay, I can't blame her. She tells me to train or do something...I just chose not too.

I'd call Kara but she's always working. Either the babysitting or the show. By the time she get's home she's tired and I wouldn't want someone calling me after a long day. But that doesn't stop me from texting her good night.

We've been sticking to just texting. That way she can concentrate on her work. She complains about how tired she is or about some drama queen pain in the ass. I just let her vent. She sounds like she needs it and I'm always there for her. She'd do the same for me. I've called her drunk enough times to let her complain to me. But half the time I have no clue what she's talking about. I don't know anything about theatre or the show. I should probably take her advice and watch the movie. It would give me something to do and I'd understand what she's talking about....Yeah...that's what I'll do! I'll go get the movie!

"Hey mom?" I yelled into the kitchen, "Can you go get West Side Story?...........Mom?"

"You want me to get West Side Story?" She asked eight behind me practically giving me a heart attack.

"Yes please."

"You do know it's a musical right?"

"...yeah."

"And a chick flick?"

"Yes mom, I'm completely aware. Can you just go get it for me please?"

"Are you doing this for a girl?" I let out a groan but that was a good enough answer for my mom, "Oh Patrick? Who is she? Do I know her? Where did you meet her? Is she from Chicago? Is she pretty?"

"Mom, please! Can't I just watch West Side Story without being questioned?" I asked flinging my arms in the air. When she didn't answer I turned around to look at her. She had her arms crossed and her head tilted to the side with a look. "Fine! I'm watching it for a friend." I mumbled. She squealed and clapped her hands, joining me on the couch.

"A girlfriend?"

"No mom, just a friend."

"Well, who is she?"

"Kara."

"Kara? Kara....Kara....who's Kara?"

"The girl I brought to the lake house." I answered rolling my eyes. Thanks mom, thanks for remembering.

"Oh....Oh! I remember her....Didn't you meet her in Vegas?"

"Yes mom, I did."

"Wait, you're not dating her?"

"No, we're just friends."

"Wow Pat....you must really like her."

"Why does everyone say that? I don't like her. She's my friend."

"Well...it's been a while since you've had a serious relationship....you aren't usually 'just friends' with a girl."

"She's different mom. She's...she's not like the other girls."

"Oh...how so?" She asked, sliding closer to me.

"She...she treats me like a normal person. She's the first stranger to tell me that I needed to clean up my act. And she's helped me do that. She's funny and nice and she doesn't care about who I am or what I do. She's special." I drifted off at just the thought.

Kara was different. She didn't want to have sex with me for 15 minutes of fame. She wanted to help me with that problem, to stop those things from happening. Even though I'm bored because I haven't gone out like I normally would, I've stayed out of trouble, I'm getting my head on straight and it's all thanks...to her.

"You know what? I'll go get that movie and we'll watch it together. A mother/son movie night." She said patting my knee.

But our mother/son movie night turned into mother/son/daughter movie night. When my sisters saw that we were watching West Side Story they joined the little group. I was surrounded by sobbing estrogen. Unbelievable.

"I think I'm going to bed. I'll see you all in the morning." I said pulling my arms out of my mother and sisters' grasp. I slightly chuckled at the sight of them....women.

Entering my room I started to strip down to my boxers. I turned off the light and crawled into bed. As I laid there I thought about the movie. It was actually pretty good. Would I watch it again? No, but I did it for Kara. Now I wouldn't feel like such an idiot when she's talking about the show. I can't believe some of that stuff. That movie is old. Some of those insults would get me laughed at if I said them on the ice.

I also thought about the little things like the clothes and the backgrounds and how Kara was the one that was putting those together. She was bringing all of that to life without stepping foot on stage. She's like the play maker or something. The ones that set everything up so the goal scorers look good. She's making the actors look good. I give her credit, that's a lot of work.

As I let out a yawn, I heard my phone buzz on the night stand. Who the fuck would be calling this late? "Hello?"

"Hey Kaner...did I wake you?"

"Yes. What do you want Jon?"

"I was wondering if you could give me Kara's address." I sat up in bed, my head getting slightly dizzy with the quick motion.

"Her address? What for?"

"I'm going to surprise her for her show."

"You are? I didn't think you were into musicals and stuff."

"Eh, but Kara's a good friend. She's told me a lot about the show and all the hard work she's done. I thought she deserved a fan."

"You guys...talk?"

"Yeah sometimes. So can I get that address?"

"Actually...I was thinking about going to the show too...you know, to support her."

"Really? Well maybe we can go together."

"Um, yeah. That's a good idea."

"Kara would love that, to see us again."

"Yeah"

"Well it's settled then. I'll see you in two days. See ya Kaner."

Two days? the shows in two days?? Fuck!! Fucking show! Fucking Jon!! What the hell is that all about? He's like me and doesn't know anything about musicals. I bet he hasn't even watched the movie. Psh, some friend.

Some friend I am. I forgot her show was this week! Am I really that big of an idiot? I should have thought about that before. Go to her show and support her. She'd do that for me if I asked...but she didn't ask so I'm not at fault...but I am her friend. She shouldn't have to ask.

Stupid Jon
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh! This chapter gave me some trouble. It took me two days to write this and when I finally go and post it...POOF! deleted. It would've been up this morning but my computer decided it wasn't good enough to post. Hopefully this one is better :P stupid computer.

Well I hope you enjoyed it. There is more to come. Please stay with me and keep subscribing and commenting. It makes my long day better. I appreciate all of you for reading. I know it's not the best but you've stuck with me so far haha.

Thanks again! <3