A Long Way To Go

Will you marry me?

I finally got to school and it was hell. Like always. What do you expect? It is school, the teachers are evil and the kids only like me because my dad is Gerard Way, figures. But, oh well. Who needs them?

I went to all my classes, blah blah blah. You don't want to hear the boring school part, do you? Thought so. So when school finally finished I went outside and looked around.

I started walking home when I felt someone grab me from behind. Luckily, it was only Bob who was going to take me out.

"Hey there pretty lady." He said while still hugging me and winked.

"Your scared the shit out of me!" I said while relaxing, realizing it was him.

"Sorry." He said while kissing my neck, in public.

What the hell? Yeah, of course. He just has to kiss me in public, where people with camera's are at. Great. Oh well, I guess he wants everyone to know we are together or something. Who knows?

"Stop that." I said while getting out of his grip.

"Aww why?" He said, pouting like a puppy.

Oh god..not the puppy dog pout. He knows I can't resist that. He is evil to me, damnit! Well, I guess I can let him kiss me. Hah, you probally think I'm weird because I don't want Bob Bryar to kiss me? I knew it.

"Nevermind." I said while giving in and letting him kiss me.

I felt myself get lift off the ground, he has picked me up. I don't like people carrying me that much, I'm always afraid I'm too heavy or that they will drop me flat on my ass. Yes, I know I'm weird.

I smiled at him when he started carrying me home, I held onto his neck tightly of course, afraid that I would be dropped. 15 mins later we arrived home, and we were the only one's home.

"Where is everyone?" I asked while looking around the dark room.

"You'll find out soon." He replied while smiling.

Oh and I forgot to mention, today was my 18th birthday. I am finally legal! But I seriously have no clue why no one else is home, it is really strange because that usually never happens.

"I have to ask you a question." He said while turning to me.

"What is it?" I replied while looking at him.

I saw him fiddle with his hands and look nervous. What did he want to ask me? This is starting to freak me out alittle bit.. well, not knowing what he was going to do and ask was.

"Well, I've kind looked at rings today...." He replied while his face colored abit.

Of course, I was stupid and had no clue what he meant. And I actually thought I was smart. Pfft, yeah right!

"What kinda of rings?" I asked, stupidly.

I saw him sigh and get up.

"The kinda of rings that...when a man wants to spend the rest of his life with a women..." He replied, quietly.

Holy. Shit. What is he saying? This is a dream...Isn't it? This can't be happening! I know that everyone thought he would ask, but I thought they were all just joking! Oh god...

"What are you saying?" I replied a moment later.

I felt him take my hand and take me into a different room, and I saw him turn on the light...The room was filled with engagement rings, ALOT of engagment rings. I was shocked...

"Pick one." I heard him say.

I just nodded, not knowing what to say. I looked around nervously, and saw a medium sized, beautiful diamond ring. I smiled and picked it up, and went back over to him.

"Like it?" He asked while taking my hand.

"No...I love it." I replied while laughing.

"Good, I want to do this the right way." He said while slipping the hand on my finger.

"Melissa Way, you make my life happy, will you make the rest of my life happy?" He asked while looking into my eyes.

Holy...Shit. He actually asked me to marry him. Well, I guess My dad and everyone else wasn't joking. The man that I love, is asking me to marry him. Can things get any better?

"Yes..." I said while wiping my tears away.

I saw him smile and he held me in his arms, telling me not to cry. He turned the lights off and I closed my eyes tightly, and fell asleep in his arms, safely. This day was perfect.