Status: Active

If It Means a Lot to You

Blanket Sharing

“No.”

“It’s for your own good.”

“I said no.”

“Oh come on, Rose!”

“Not you too, Josh! Alex is already bugging me!”

“You’re going, Rose, and that’s that,” Kevin butt in. I glared at the three of them.

“I don’t want to,” I said.

“We don’t care. Everyone is going and it wouldn’t feel right if we left you here while the rest of us were out having fun and eating together.”

“Is she still being stubborn?” Jeremy asked as he came into the back lounge.

“Yes!” Alex, Josh, and Kevin answered simultaneously. Jeremy chuckled.

“You try and get her to come. We’ve been trying for over an hour and she won’t listen,” Josh grumbled as he started to leave. Kevin and Alex followed behind the bassist.

“Please?” was the first thing Jeremy tried. I shook my head. “Why don’t you want to go out to eat?”

“I’m not feeling well,” I said. And that wasn’t a lie.

I had gotten up this morning to see I had a text from Luke. I opened it and saw his new girlfriend had sent it. In short, she called me a whore and said I’d better stay away from Luke. I knew it shouldn’t affect me seeing as I had no feelings for Luke left but it brought back the day on the beach and what he said to me.

Jeremy’s eyes searched my face. I glanced away, afraid I would give something away. He walked over to me and wordlessly pulled me into a tight hug. I hesitated before wrapping my arms around his waist. He knew what was wrong. I took in a deep breath, his scent comforting me. My heart was racing and I hoped he didn’t pay attention to it.

“I think what you need is some time with everyone to cheer you up or at least distract you,” he murmured as he started to pull away. I looked up to his chocolate brown eyes. I nodded, causing him to grin. I walked out of the back lounge.

“Did you do it?” Neil questioned when Jeremy came out.

“Yep,” Jeremy confirmed.

“What the fuck, man? We’re back there for over an hour and get nothing! Then you go back there for five minutes and get her to go!” Kevin ranted in exasperation.

“I’m sorry, Kevin,” I apologized, trying not to laugh. I gave him a hug. “All better?”

“A little.” He pouted. I could tell he was trying not to laugh himself. I hugged him again, shaking him.

“How about now?”

“I will be better after I do this.” He picked me up and shook me in return. I laughed as he set me down.

“Can we go now? I’m starving,” Alex whined.

“Yes, we can go, Diddy Kong,” Rachel assured as she stood up. We filed out of the bus.

“And there’d better be a smile on your face. I don’t want to see you looking distracted and looking all sad. You’re much more beautiful when you smile,” Jeremy whispered to me. I looked at my feet, a bright blush making my cheeks hot.

“There’s a Red Robin around here somewhere,” Josh was saying when Jeremy and I caught up with them outside.

“It’s down there,” Rachel chipped in.

“How do you know?”

“Rose and I come here once in awhile for a mini vacation. We always come here to Englewood.”

“Then let’s go!” Neil said. We made our way down the street talking a little amongst ourselves.

“Kevin!” I scolded when he said I had been checking out a guy in the crowd last night. “I was doing no such thing!” He chuckled.

“Just messin’ with you, Rose,” he said. I glanced at Jeremy. I saw his eyebrows were furrowed. He looked over and saw me looking at me. He gave me a small smile before looking away. We finally made it to Red Robin.

“Table for seven please,” Rachel requested.

“This way,” the hostess said. She led us to a table in the back. “Your waitress will be right with you.”

As we sat down, I felt my phone vibrate. Confused, I opened it up.

I told you I didn’t wanna see you distracted. Now smile! :D

I couldn’t help but do as the text said. I looked over at Jeremy at the other end of the table. He grinned at me. I shook my head before turning my attention back to the menu.

“You’d better not move me again,” I told Jeremy later that night.

“Well you know what I say to that?” he retorted. I raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms. “This.” He went back to the bunks and reappeared a moment later with a blanket and pillow in hand. “If you’re not taking it, neither will I.”

“You’re impossible.”

“You’re one to talk.” I shook my head.

“I know I’m impossible.” I settled down, pulling the blanket over me. I watched Jeremy settle down on the couch, pulling his own blanket over himself.

“So tell me,” he started, “why don’t you want to take the bunk?”

“Because this is your tour bus. You’re the one working and touring so you should take the bunk. I’m only a guest,” I replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

“But that’s why you should take the bunk. You’re the guest therefore you should be comfortable.” I rolled my eyes.

“God, why do you guys have to tour in the winter,” I complained when a shiver ran down my spine. I pulled my blanket tighter around myself.

“Want my blanket?” He held it up in offering.

“But then you’ll be cold.” He shrugged.

“I can manage.” I shook my head.

“Keep it. I don’t want you getting sick because of me.” He looked around for a moment.

“I have an idea.” I raised an eyebrow. Jeremy held up his blanket up again. “Come on.”

“What?” I said, unsure of what he was hinting at.

“Come over here. We’ll share our blankets.” I kept my eyebrows raised as I stood up and went over to him. He pulled me down towards him, laying me down next to him. He threw my blanket over us before tucking some it around me. The moment his arm wrapped around my waist, my heart took off, beating rapidly. I thought I felt his heart beating just as fast but I assumed I was just imagining it.

“Good night,” I whispered breathlessly.

“Night.”