Status: Active

If It Means a Lot to You

If It Means A Lot To You

“Watch. Our bus is gonna get messy the last two days since you girls are gonna be gone,” Alex said as he hugged Rachel.

“I will be surprised if it does,” I laughed, hugging Josh.

“Well you shouldn’t be,” Josh chuckled.

“I really don’t get why you guys have to leave two days before we head back to Florida,” Kevin said.

“We’ve bugged you enough for nearly a month,” Rachel chimed as she hugged him. “You’ll be fine without us for two days.”

“You’d better visit soon.” Rachel and I laughed a little.

“We’ll let you guys know when we’re coming out for a visit,” I promised, hugging Neil.

“We’ll be out to visit you two soon,” he told me, speaking for him and Jeremy. I looked to Jeremy. He returned my gaze, smiling a little. He held up his hands and I wordlessly stepped into his arms.

“I’m gonna miss you,” he murmured as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.

“I’m gonna miss you too,” I whispered. I don’t know how long we stood there holding each other. I felt Jeremy start to pull away after a few moments. He kissed me, a longing almost present. “I’ll see you soon, okay?” Jeremy nodded as he let go of me. I stifled a sigh as I picked up my duffle bag.

“Ready to go?” Rachel asked. I nodded. Waving once more to the guys, we walking together into the airport.

***

“You all right, Rose?” Lisa asked me one day at work.

It had been a week since Rachel and I had parted ways with the guys. It was certainly taking its toll on us. We were both missing all of the guys a lot. Aside from staying in touch with Jeremy and Neil, we would usually be texting one of the other guys or all three of them.

“Hm? Oh, sorta. Just got a lot on my mind,” I answered, smiling a little.

“Missing the boyfriend?”

“Missing is an understatement. More like he took a part of me with him and it’s in Florida right now.” She smiled sympathetically.

“Look, why don’t you go ask for the rest of the day off? Spend the day with Rachel. Don’t talk to Jeremy for the rest of the day and she doesn’t talk to Neil or any of the guys. Have a girls day for yourselves and don’t worry too much about your boyfriends,” she suggested. I smiled.

“That sounds like a good idea. Thanks, Lisa.” I hugged her before hurrying out of the kitchen. “Hey, Rach, you do anything right now?” I said, calling Rachel from my car outside.

“Not really. I’m just talking to Neil and Josh. Why?” she replied.

“Tell Neil and Josh you can’t talk to them for the rest of the day. You and I are going to have a girls day without the guys and just relax. All right?”

“That sounds awesome. I think we both need that.”

“Well get ready. I’m heading home right now and we’re leaving once I get ready.” We bade good bye and hung up. I scrolled down to Jeremy’s number. I sent him a text telling him I’d be spending the day with Rachel and wouldn’t be talking to him or any of the guys the rest of the day. A moment later my phone buzzed as I stopped at an intersection. I flicked it open.

All right. Hope you have fun on your girls day. Love you.

I smiled before shutting my phone. I got home just as Rachel was stepping out of the bathroom.

“What’s on the agenda?” she asked.

“A late lunch, walking around Huntington, and maybe a movie?”

“A classic Rose and Rachel day clearly.” I nodded before heading into the bathroom. Slipping on a simple white v-neck and a pair of dark blue jeans after showering, I tossed my hair into a pony tail. I put on some foundation and some mascara before walking out of the bathroom.

“Picture for Facebook?” I joked, holding up my phone.

“Picture for Facebook,” Rachel confirmed as she grinned. We did the typical standing-in-front-of-a-mirror-and-taking-a-picture-of-your-reflection picture. “Ready to go?” I nodded and we left the house.

“So I think we need to talk about us and our plan to move to Florida,” I told Rachel. It was about eight at night and we were getting some dinner.

“I thought we were trying to forget about the guys for tonight,” Rachel reminded.

“You know this will probably be the only time we can talk about it.”

“True. So let’s talk.” She shifted in her seat, picking up a fry off of her plate. “How much money do you have in your savings account?”

“Roughly twelve hundred after buying food and stuff while with the guys. You?”

“About the same. We should have enough for a down payment on an apartment and maybe a little left over.” I looked at her pointedly. “What?”

“Do you really think Jeremy and Neil would let us live in an apartment with them around?”

“Well we can never assume. It’s better if we plan things out. When they come visit, we’ll mention that we’ll be moving over there and if they offer us to stay at their place, we won’t bother with the apartment and save us quite a bit of money,” Rachel planned.

“Sounds like a good plan,” I agreed. I took a bite out of my burger. “Atreyu’s coming to town this Thursday and I bought us tickets to go.”

“We haven’t seen them in forever!” I grinned.

“We’ll be singing to our throats are sore.” She returned the smile.

“Doing that since freshman year.”

“And we’ll keep doing it until we’re too old to go to a concert. Or we lose our hearing.” We laughed together, both of us happy we had taken the time for ourselves.

“Neil?” I answered my phone when we got home.

“Hey, Rose!” he said, sounding like he was yelling. I held the phone away from my ear when it sounded like there was a lot of noise in the background.

“Are you performing right now?” Rachel looked at me curiously when she heard the noise coming from my phone (I had put it on speakerphone).

“Yeah. Just listen!” I looked at Rachel as we listened.

“Come on, guys! Sing louder!” I heard Jeremy urge.

And hey sweetie
Well I need you here tonight
And I know that you don’t want to be leaving me
Yeah you want it but I can’t help it
I just feel complete when you’re by my side
But I know you can’t come home ‘til they’re singing

La, la la la, la la la
‘Til everyone is singing
La, la la la, la la la

If you can wait ‘til I get home
Then I swear to you
That we can make this last (La la la)
If you can wait ‘til I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow
This will all be in our past
Well it might be for the best


Rachel and I looked at each other with wide eyes as we listened to the crowd sing If It Means A Lot To You.

“You girls like the surprise?” Neil asked, when they finished.

“We loved it,” Rachel replied, her eyes filled with tears.

“What’d they say?” Jeremy’s voice asked in the background.

“They loved it,” Neil passed on. “We thought you might’ve enjoyed a nice surprise before we let you finish your girls day.”

“Well it was extremely sweet and thoughtful,” I told him.

“We’re glad you girls loved it. I’ll let you go now.” Rachel and I bade good bye before hanging up and sighing in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who commented. <3