Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

chapter 1

My story starts at an old tradition amongst Pureblood families, coming out parties. Really, it’s just an excuse to throw a massive party and possibly pick your daughter’s husband, or your son’s wife, depends on your family to be honest. My family was never much for tradition, which was why I was truly shocked to find out I was going to have a coming out party. I wasn’t opposed, of course. What sixteen year old isn’t interested in having her parents throw a massive party for her and her friends? Anyway, I started the process the same way anybody would have, with two letters written to my best friends, Chloe and Zaila. The letters were simple, just inviting them over to my family home to pick the dresses I would be wearing that night and inviting them to stay the rest of the summer, a dangerous combination for my poor parents, but guaranteed fun for me. I want to take you all back to the beginning, the beginning of what was to be my life, whether I liked it or not.

“Father! I’ve finally received replies from Chloe and Zaila,” I yelled, rushing into my father’s office. He looked up from his writings to give me a half-hearted smile.

“When am I to be expecting the Terrible Two?” I chuckled lightly before replying.

“They’ll be here tomorrow to help me look over the dresses Mother had sent over. I’m hoping most of them look better on because I wouldn’t be caught dead in some of them. They’re horrid!” He rolled his eyes and stood up, pushing me in front of him as he walked.

“I have work to do now, Kalen. This mindless chatter will have to wait until later.” My shoulders drooped in disappointment before I walked back to my bedroom. One more day until I wouldn’t be bored any longer, one more day closer to freedom.

The next morning came quickly, which was what I had been hoping for. I paced nervously in the front parlour waiting for my friends to arrive. I was still dressed in what most people would consider sleepwear, but I had pulled my hair back off my face and smeared a light layer of makeup over my face. Chloe was the first to come through the fireplace. I reached over and hugged her tightly, gushing over how long her black hair had gotten. Zaila was always one to be fashionably late, so it was no surprise when she appeared at least ten minutes later than what she had actually said she would arrive. I hugged her as well before pulling both of them up to my room. Zaila plopped on my bed and looked around in awe.

“How many dresses did your mum find, Kal? There’s got to be at least fifty different white dresses alone!” I shrugged my shoulders.

“She said something about wanting a dress for me to come down in and then I could change out of it into a shorter dress if I wanted, which I will. All of these dresses look way too heavy.” Chloe was already digging through the massive piles of white dresses and picking out her favorites. Zaila quickly joined in. Soon, I was narrowing the choices down to the dresses I actually wanted to try on. Those few dresses were quickly narrowed down to only two. The first dress was beautiful and covered in sparkle, but was a very untraditional mermaid gown. It fit me beautifully, but I still wasn’t sold. The other dress was definitely more traditional, and had a lot more sparkled. Not like I really needed it, but it was still nice to have. The debate ended quickly. I loved the shape the mermaid gave me, but the ballgown seemed to be the only way to go. I grinned before reaching into my closet to show them the shoes that I wanted to wear and the dress I was going to change in to.

“Oh my God that’s fantastic,” Zaila grinned and clapped her hands.

“That color goes freaking fantastic with your hair! Oh now I really can’t wait for this party!” I grinned and shoved the dress back in my closet.

“How about we head down to the pool ladies,” I asked grinning at my best friends. The Dark Lord had called the latest meeting at my home, which meant that plenty of families were hanging about,
something that the girls didn’t know. I changed into my bikini and led the girls into the giant indoor pool area. I laid out a towel and stretched out feeling the warm rays of the sun coming through the glass roof. I shut my eyes and for once, I was completely relaxed. That is, I was until I felt someone standing over me, dripping water onto my body. I sighed in irritation and opened my eyes to see the incredibly handsome Draco Malfoy.

“You mind moving for me? I’m trying to tan here.”

“I don’t think it’s working.” I narrowed my eyes.

“I said, move it. Don’t make me get nasty. “

“I think you’ve been quite nasty from the beginning,” He said with a smirk. I reached over and grabbed my wand before standing up.

“I suggest you back down, Malfoy. You don’t know what I’m capable of.” He leaned in close.

“I know exactly what you’re capable of. It’s me you probably don’t want to underestimate,” He whispered in my ear. I growled and bent down to pick up my towel before moving to another spot.

“Fuck off Malfoy. I hope you drown.”

“You’d be miserable if that happened.”

“It’d make me the happiest person alive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this makes me much happier:) so i hope you guys like it! thanks for waiting for an update for so long!
<3
Andrea