‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Sequel!

Betrayed

Promises

The party was hopping when I walked into the kitchen. Well, stumbled was more like it. Brian was in the kitchen, and I couldn’t help but feel a familiar wave of déjà vu roll over me. I walked over to the sink and dumped my warm beer out. Talking to Jimmy for two hours prevented me from drinking my beer, and fuck if I was going to drink it warm.
“Crown and coke on the rocks?” Brian’s sultry voice came from behind me. I turned to face him, but I ran into his broad chest. Looking up, I saw him smirking at me, the light from the ceiling fan creating a halo around his head.
“Wha… what?”
“I said,” he handed me a glass,” Do you want a crown and coke on the rocks?”
I looked down at the glass and saw he had already made me the drink. Sighing, I took a cautionary sip of the drink. A slight frown played on his lips.
“I didn’t drug it, you know. I really am sorry about everything. I’d like to take you and Jason out to lunch one day to prove it.
“Really?”
He nodded.
“That would be nice. I’d like that,” I smiled and gave him a hug, “I’ve got to get back to the party now, but we’ll talk more about this later, mmmkay?”
He smiled and nodded as I turned to walk back to where my fiancée was sitting on the couch with his brother and my sister.
“I love drinking!” my sister sang out after chugging the rest of her beer, “I need another!”
I laughed and watched as she danced her way to the kitchen. I saw her talk to Brian, but Brian looked past her and made eye contact with me. He smiled and winked. It was a friendly gesture, but I saw so much more in his eyes. A promise. Goosebumps rose on my arms and legs. But a promise to what?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, it's a really short update, I know. And it took forever to get out. Matt and I are helping our close friend go through some shit and it's been a long weekend and couple of days. So I'm sorry. I'm back on my A game though, and I hope it never takes that long again :(

Anyways. Thoughts? Comments, questions, concerns? Let us know! We love the feedback more than a (enter racial or tasteless sterotype here).

Comment, Subscribe and Banner?
A saddened and stressed out Kels