‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Sequel!

Betrayed

Let's Play Catch... up

I quickly showered and changed into a simple sundress. It had lots of peachy tones that complimented my tan skin. I was in the middle of combing my hair when the doorbell rang. After checking my phone, I saw it was too early to be Brian, so I wandered downstairs, wondering who it could be. Upon opening the door, I guess I wasn’t too surprised to see Val, Delaney and Erin. They all grinned and pushed past me.

“Um. Hi girls. What’s going on?”
“C’mon Mina, when they men are away, the girls will play!” Erin laughed, sitting on the couch. I smiled slightly and shut the front door.
“Where’s Neche?” Val asked, looking around with her hands on her thin waist. I sat next to Erin and rested my head on her shoulder, stifling a yawn.
“She got called away for work. Big convention in Miami. She left like three or four hours ago. They called her and told her they’d pick her up right away. So she packed and left. It’s good though. Big experience.”
Val nodded and sat down in the lazy boy, pulling Delaney into her lap. I had missed these girls. We were like one big happy family when the guys were gone because only we knew what the other was going through. We sat there for another forty minutes, just talking and catching up.
“So Zacky told me that you and Jase were trying for a baby,” Delany said suddenly. All conversation stopped and the girls looked at me. I blushed and lowered my eyes.
“Mina?” Val asked, “Really?”
I looked into her light eyes and nodded, “We’ve been trying for awhile now… and nothing so far.”
“Honey… Zacky and I tried for a long time before I finally got…pregnant…” she quickly covered her mouth.
“WHAT?!” Erin squealed.
Val smiled sympathetically at me, taking my hand.
“Well,” Delaney smiled, “We’ve taken a couple tests, but we’re going to the doctor after their fishing trip to get everything checked out.”
I forced a small smile and congratulated her and zoned out. Jason and I wanted a baby… but maybe this was best. We could plan our wedding. There would be time enough for kids later, wouldn’t there be? My thought was broken as my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked down to see a text from Brian saying he’d be here in fifteen minutes.

“Can we continue this tomorrow night ladies? I’m not feeling so hot,” I muttered. Erin caught my eye and winked, as if telling me everything would be okay. I threw her a grateful smile. She was perfect for my cousin, and I couldn’t help but feel like a wedding for her and Johnny wasn’t too far away. They all nodded and stood, hugging me goodbye. I congratulated Delaney again as they walked out the door and to Val’s car. After waving goodbye, I shut the door and went upstairs to finish getting ready. Oddly enough, I was looking forward to this date… I thought to myself as I brushed some light brown over my lids. I scrunched my hair some more and walked downstairs just in time to answer the door when Brian rang the bell.
He looks really nice… I thought to myself when I opened the door. He stood wearing dark jeans, and a white v-neck shirt. He had just recently cut his long hair… something I knew his fans would either love or hate. As for me… I thought it added to his sex appeal.
You can’t think like that Mina… don’t get sucked into Brian. Would you really want to risk losing Jason? He’s your everything…

“You ready?” Brian asked, smiling at me. Had I been single, that smile would have made my knees weak. Damn Brian Sr. for making such a handsome son. I smiled back and nodded. He offered his hand and pulled my gently from the doorway. I shut and locked the door behind me, following him to the car. Brian opened the door for me, allowing me to get in before shutting it and walking to the drivers side. He looked over at me as he started the car, and I couldn’t read his expression. Suddenly, a little voice in the back of my head told me that I needed to get out of the car and go back inside.
Nonsense… you’re overreacting. Brian has grown up, and this drama is all over now. He wouldn’t ruin your relationship.

Or would he?
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd leave you hanging, so we could see what Neche is up to in Miami...
Me thinks she meets a special celebrity guest???
I dunno though, we'll have to see :)

Comment, Subscribe, Rate?
Love you guys <3
Kels