Welcome to the Family

Chapter 1

I can’t do this, not to her. But if you don’t then they will kill you, its kill or be killed. But she’s not what they say she is, it’s unfair. Not if your life is at stake. But it’s still unfair. While this battle was going on inside of my head there was a battle going on outside of my head. People think that sword fights are easy, but that’s only because they have seen those types of fights in the movies, in real life it’s completely different. You don’t know what the other person’s next move is, you don’t know if the next scene is your last, you don’t know what their next line is. You go into a fight not knowing anything and you hope and pray you will come out alive. He silently slid up next to me, taking me from my thoughts, and whispered in my ear,
“Do it. Do it now!”
I looked down at her, the girl whose life was supposed to end by my hand, but I couldn’t bring my sword down to kill her, I shook my head.
“What?!”
“No.”
“I’m sorry; I must have some wax in my ear, coul—“
“NO! What part of the word would you like me to explain? No, I will not kill her.”
“You will do as you’re told, kill her, now!”
I’ve always done what I was told, by the only person I thought had my best interest, I was wrong, he used me, always had. I thought he was different, I believed every lie he told me. He didn’t have my best interest, he only had his, he used me for his dirty work, and he never did like to get his hands dirty. Well now, the dirt will be his best friend. I brought my sword up, ready to strike down and kill whoever was in the direct line of my sword. A sinister smile spread across his face as he saw me obeying to his command, and a sinister smile spread across my face as I knew now, I would be free… forever. When I knew I was at the right angle I turned on my heel, and my sword sliced right through his neck, clean like he taught me. The girl let out a sigh of relief to see that her head was still attached to her body, while I crumpled to the floor and sighed in relief that this torture was finally over.
I awoke with a gasp, to the sound of the plane’s wheels’ scuffing against the paved landing strip. Weirdest dream of my life. I wasn’t sure what time it was, it seemed to be in the middle of the day, I haven’t been in this time zone for 6 years. Jet lag swept over me as I stood up from my seat and my eyelids got heavy, it was next to impossible to keep my eyes open. As I left the plane, I shook my head a few times and tried to wake up, when I felt my eyelids get a little lighter I looked for the luggage pick-up area and moved towards it. I was about 10 feet away when I heard my name being called by a deep, sweet voice and I knew right away who it was. A wide smile spread across my face and I turned around to see my brother Damon waving his arms frantically in the air and I laughed to myself. I sprinted towards him, running as fast as my sluggish legs would take me and I leapt into his awaiting arms and he twirled me around. I took a deep breath, taking in his sweet scent that I’ve missed for years. He squeezed me tightly, making his point that he never wants me to go back to Italy and live with our Aunt Maria and Uncle Paul. He set me down and pushed me back to get a good look at how much I’ve changed in 6 years. My reddish, curly hair had grown from my shoulders to my elbow, my electric blue eyes were now surrounded by black eye liner and gold eyeshadow, my long eyelashes were volumized by alittle mascara, my lightly tanned skin was now darkened a shade, I have grown to an even 5 foot but was given 3 inches in my black strapped heels, and I have also gained C sized breasts and nice curves when going through puberty and has lost all baby fat through my 11 years of ballet. My white teeth shined against my beige skin as I saw my brother’s eyes’ tear alittle. I laughed, causing the tears in my eyes to over flood and run down my face. Damon took me in his arms again and held me close.
“Don’t you DARE cry, you’ll ruin your make-up….. I CANNOT believe I just said that to my baby sister.”
“Oh shut-up Dee, you know you’ve been dying to say that too me.”
“Your voice?! It’s changed….”
“I’ve been living in Italy for the past 6 years; obviously I would pick up an accent.”
He chuckled and nodded in agreement.
“Alright let’s get your bags and head home.”
“Okay, you go get the car; I’ll pick up my bags.”
He nodded and we parted our ways. I went to baggage claim a looked for my bags. When I saw my bags I reached for them, but someone grabbed them first and started to walk away. I looked around and saw him walking away with my stuff; I rushed after him and tapped him on the shoulder.
“Excuse me but you took my b—“
When he turned around I was awestruck. I’ve seen many cute boys in Italy and dated most of them, but this one was by far the cutest. His softly gelled up blonde hair was on the short side, his beautiful sapphire orbs seemed to smile at me, but if you looked closely, you could see an animal in them a darkness, his cream colored skin, and his luscious, cherry colored lips curved into a smile that made my heart skip a beat as it showed his straight, white teeth. He held himself with a regal composure but still he held those teenage hormones as he looked me over and I regained myself just in time to say,
“Excuse me, but you took my bags by mistake.”
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to, your bags look exactly like mine.”
His deep voice was coated with a light southern accent that only made me want to melt.
“It’s okay, honest mistake, but may I have them back please.”
“Certainly, and by the way my name is Lucas, Lucas Till.”
“Well it’s nice to meet you Lucas Till, but my brother is waiting for me, I have to go now. Bye, it was a pleasure doing business with you.”
I turned on my heel and walked off, he yelled after me,
“But I never learned your name.”
“Well I guess you’ll just have to figure it out.”
I heard him chuckle and I got closer to the exit. I looked around and saw my brother’s black Lotus Evora parked in the front, I just rolled my eyes at the fact that my brother’s taste hasn’t changed one bit in the last six years. I threw my bags into the trunk and hopped into the front seat. New car smell, oh boy.
“Did you really buy a new car?”
“Yes.”
“Why?”
“It’s your welcome home present.”
“WHAT?! YOU GOT ME A CAR?!”
“Yes. But seeing that you are only 16, and you only have your permit, you can’t drive it…… yet.”
“B-b-b-bu-“
“No.”
I crossed my arms and slumped back in the smooth black leather seats and pouted. Damon chuckled and revved up the engine and took off in the direction on the house, I think…
♠ ♠ ♠
leave me some comments so I know how it is so far, I have about 7/8 chapters already done and I'm still writing, thanks:)