‹ Prequel: Stranded

Rescued.

The Party Song

“Sara hurry up!” I shouted up the stairs to my bestie,

“I’m coming! Hold your horses!” She replied running down the stairs to the kitchen of Jack’s mom’s house (where the three of us had been staying for the last week and a half since they had the most room) where everyone else was waiting for her. “Okay is this appropriate?” she asked spinning in a small circle for us to see.

“Yes dear, very hot!” I approved of her simple orange dress Kaitie and I had forced her into for the party.

“I still don’t know why I let you talk me into this!” she mumbled sitting on the counter.

“It’s a special occasion, you have to dress up.” Kaitie explained still putting on her make-up. I giggled at Sara’s pouting at wearing the dress.

“Yeah but couldn’t I just where skinny jeans and one of Kara’s sparkly tops?” she almost begged.

“No love, you need to be in a dress, this is the rehearsal dinner/party and you need to look fancy!” I explained yet again patting her shoulder.

“I have something that may help you…” Kaitie said going upstairs again and returning with Silver leggings

“Oh good you’re still here!” Jack’s mom, Joyce, exclaimed with her adorable Lebanese accent, “I need your help with Jack’s pants” she said leading me into his room. His tux for the wedding was hanging in the window sill, but his pants were missing… and I had a feeling I knew where they were…

“Give me a second Mrs. Barakat…” I sighed grabbing my cell from my pocket calling my boyfriend, “Jack please tell me you don’t have the pants on!” I asked

“Nope! He’s not wearing pants!” Alex yelled in the background

“Then what are you wearing?”

“Your dress!” he stated proudly

“Jack Bassam Barakat! What have I told you about stealing your girlfriend’s clothes?” His mom yelled into the phone (it was on speaker), I sighed shaking my head, I wasn’t surprised, he was notorious for pulling odd stunts like that…

“Sorry Mama… My pants are on her hanger though if that makes it any better…” he tried to redeem himself.

“Jack put some of Al’s clothes and hang my dress back up; you’ll be dead if it gets ruined before the wedding!” I said, honestly he was as bad as a kid sometimes… well I was too but that’s beside the point!

“Well, I’ll go get the trousers… You go with your friends.” Mrs. Barakat Said kissing my head, she treated all of us like her kids, (especially me), she was an awesome little oldish lady, but with a son like Jack how could you not be?

“Okay ladies, line up for your picture!” the photographer said pushing us all together, “Okay beautiful! Big smiles from the bride! There! That’s it!” We had been in the photo session for Twenty minutes, ever since the rehearsal dinner had ended, and had to do this all again tomorrow before the reception… If this was what all weddings consisted of then I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get married, EVER! “Okay, I got all I need for tonight!” he said snapping one more photo.

“Finally!” Sara sighed standing up straight, “I thought I was going to get stuck like that!”

“I know!!” the rest of us agreed.

“Are you ready for the party ladies?” Kara asked us.

“Yuppers! Let’s hit it!” Sara cheered, we were going to a club for a little bit then back to Rian and her house to watch movies and act like teenagers again. Sara and I were excited about the second part, Kaitie, Kara were ready to drink a little.

“Kara, I got something for you!” Kaitie said pulling a tiara out of her purse it said “tying the knot, buy me a shot”

“Aww I love it Kate! You didn’t have to get me anything though…” Kara Said hugging her, in the last few months the two of them had gotten really close, Kaitie had stepped in and helped her with some of the wedding details Kara was stressed about, since she had been planning her own wedding Kate had some extra stuff like bows and such she let them use.

“Yes I did! It was just too awesome not to use!” Kaitie laughed putting it on her head. “Now let’s go party!!” And we were off! Sara and I had elected to be the DD’s so everyone else could have fun.

Two hours and two hundred dollars later, four of the twelve of us were already plastered which shocked me (honestly I don’t even drink and I’m not that much of a lightweight!)… Anyway we took their drunk-y butts home and went to Rian and Kara’s to watch random movies in Rian’s “Man Cave”. By the time we decided what movie to watch (“the corpse bride” fitting for the occasion in a slightly twisted way) it was just the three of us “ATL girls” (as the fan girls refer to us as) and Kaitie.

“Kara, are you scared at all?” I randomly asked from where I was laying in the middle of the couch, head on Sara, and feet on the back

“Of what?” she asked sounding slightly confused, she had almost been dozing off in Rian’s chair for the last half hour the other two were already asleep,

“Of getting married to the love of your life then something happening? Like a tragic accident or murder or something” I asked biting my lip,

“No” she shook her head yawning, “Because I know that if I do die I’ll die happy with Rian by my side” she smiled to herself she pulled the blanket up, “Why do you ask?”

“I was just wondering” I smiled over to her. I had never put too much store in marriage, my parents nor anyone in my family ever given me reason not to (well except my cousin’s cheating man whore dad but he didn’t count I never liked him anyway) but I didn’t… what can I say I’m a pessimist when it comes to romance… heck Jack was my first real boyfriend that lasted more than a month or two, we had just celebrated out nine month anniversary earlier that week which was such a big deal for me it was ridiculous, but I had a feeling we would probably never take the leap into marriage…

“Kay Kay sweetie, wake up!” Jack shook my shoulder gently; I yawned and opened my eyes looking up at him,

“What are you doing here Jacky?” I asked stretching; just now realizing instead of sleeping on Sara I was curled into a pillow alone on the couch, the other three girls were nowhere to be found.

“We just got back and decided to lock Rian in here, Zack Carried Kara to her room, Sara and Kaitie are staying here because mom called saying she needs your rooms for a couple guests, they messed up like half the reservations.” He explained sounding 100% sober which was a change for him… he liked to drink which I didn’t really like it but it wasn’t a deal breaker. I nodded and sat up wrapping my arms around him kissing his cheek, he kissed my forehead gently. “You have a choice babe, you can either stay here with the other three girls or you can come back to the house, but if you come back to the house you have to sleep in my room with me…” he explained stroking my hair gently.

“I wanna go to your house.” I mumbled into his chest, what can I say I’m a sucker for snuggle time with my boyfriend!
We walked, more he walked while I stumbled still half asleep, to his car and went back to his mom’s house.

“Ima go change and stuffs… ‘kay?” I mumbled when we got upstairs, he nodded and kissed my head going into his room. I went to the bathroom and found a note on the mirror telling me that my stuff was in Jack’s room, mumbling to myself I opened the door, not really paying attention so when Jack said my name quietly from less than a foot away I let out a little screech.

“SHH!!” he chuckled putting a hand over my mouth, “I brought you the clothes mom left you in my room, I thought you may need them.” He smiled handing them to me. I took them nodding, he kissed my head and left again. I changed and brushed my teeth quickly going back to his room.

He was already in bed when I walked in, I tossed my dirty clothes into his hamper and laid down next to him my head on his chest, he kissed my hair, wrapping his arms around me.

“I love you Kaykay” he told me making me smile, no guy had ever told me that, granted no guy had ever been as special as Jack either.

“I love you too.” My voice was muffled by his chest and the sleep that was quickly taking over me,

“Maybe someday it’ll be the night before our wedding…” was the last thing I heard him mumble before I fell asleep, not really comprehending his words… Trust me if I had there would have been a correction… as I said before, I’m not a real believer in the institution of marriage… no matter how adorable, sweet and all around amazing the guy asking was…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, WE'RE BACK!!!
This is chapter one, sorry it took so long for us to get back. But life is life, and it happens.

Hopefully, this thing will update once every week.
It may change as school starts, but we'll get there if we get there.

In case you're wondering, we are really excited to get this started...so...yeah....