‹ Prequel: Stranded

Rescued.

Black Wedding

The wedding was beautiful and, so far the reception had been amazingly fun and also quite beautiful. Rian and Kara never left the dance floor where they were wrapped up in each other tighter than a knotted shoelace! And that’s pretty dang tight! I mean seriously! Have you ever tried to un-do those? They’re impossible! Any way while the newlyweds were twirling around the dance floor, Alex and Sara were dancing and flirting (at least on Alex’s part, as Sara, as always, was oblivious and blushing) like the adorable innocent couple they were, (Alex innocent? Yeah! That’s what my Sara did to him! It was absolutely the sweetest thing I had ever seen!). Before long Rian and Kara made their grand exit to go to their honeymoon, leaving the rest of us to party.

“What you thinking about Kay Kay?” Jack asked wrapping his (fortunately) long arms around my waist and laying his chin on my shoulder,

“Oh nothing…” I sighed leaning back into his chest “Everyone looks so amazing and adorable!” I sighed half smiling still watching everyone,

“You look more adorable babe!” he cooed kissing my cheek causing me to giggle,

“Aww thanks Jacky Bear! You look pretty darn smexy yourself!” He smirked and grabbed my hand,

“Come on beautiful, let’s go dance!” he exclaimed pulling me toward the floor, I giggled again and followed him, as much as I said I couldn’t do it I loved dancing, it was always so much fun with the right people! And let me tell ya, Jack was the right person! We were both completely insane which was what made us work so well together; we just understood each other… A crowd started around us when the DJ put on good old “Wake me up before you Go-Go” by Wham!! I loved this song! And with just how crazy the two of us were, we totally rocked this song with our awesome out-dated and never really in dance moves such as the shopping cart, the lawn mower and the q-tip, we also rocked the jitter bug (what can I say I lived with my grandparents for 5 years my grandma taught me an oldie or two) and a little random swing dancing. By the time the three and a half minute song was over I was out of breath and giggling, Jack had his adorable, silly smile plastered on his face, we bowed like the dorks we were. As we walked back through the crowd to a quiet-ish corner he pulled me into his side kissing my forehead I just smiles and wrapped my arms around his waist, laying my head on his chest, as we leaned up against the wall.

“Hey Kay… can I ask you something?” he asked sounding kind of nervous, which was something Jack never was… I looked up at him cocking my head to the side,

“Of course! You can always ask me anything!” I said still looking up so I could look in his deep brown eyes, one of the disadvantages of having a boyfriend a foot and so taller that you…

he rested his forehead on mine so I didn’t have to stretch as far moving my hair out of my face as he asked his (earth shattering) question “Do you think we’ll ever get married?”. CRAP!!!!!!! that was not one question I was expecting… how do you tell the guy that you really are in love with that you don’t really believe in love lasting? That you don’t believe in marriage especially when he was looking at you like Jack was looking at me? My mind was going a million miles a minute and my heart was keeping up, adverting my eyes dropping my gaze, I could feel him shifting from foot to foot waiting for me to say something but I couldn’t… I just couldn’t… “Who’s winning the war in your head baby?” he asked laughing a little nervously, I just gave a slightly dry laugh and buried my face in his chest,

“Jacky can we talk about this later?” I mumbled, glad he heard me, he was use to my mumbles and mental wars with myself (hey the second part I couldn’t help… it was part of my bi-polar ness…) he nodded, head on top of mine and held me closer rubbing my back a little.

“If it really makes you that uncomfortable we don’t have to talk about it…” he assured me kissing the top of my head,

“Now’s just not the place or time okay Jacky bear?” I asked, nearly pleading, I knew he wouldn’t push it but I just couldn’t help it…

“Okay babe, okay…” he smiled pulling my face up to kiss me gently, I smiled and leaned more into him, laying my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes, it was moments like this I had absolutely no idea how I got lucky enough to get a guy like Jack.

“God Makahla! No need to act like a whore at your friend’s wedding!” Kaitie scoffed from behind us, completely ruining the moment, groaning I turned around to look at my (most likely drunk) best friend,

“How is hugging my boyfriend being a whore?” I asked annoyed, now was not the right time for her to pull her crap with me!

“Hugging! Right!” she sneered hand on her hip, martini in her hand. If there was one person that made me mad quicker than anything it was Kaitie when she was drunk. She was a flat out bitch when she was drunk, and she knew exactly what buttons to push to get me the maddest that particular moment (actually in all honestly she could do that to me when she was sober too).

“Kait, chill, I’m not in the mood to deal with your drunken self tonight okay?” I muttered pinching the bridge of my nose.

“You’re not in the mood to talk to your best friend because I’m drunk, but you’re in the mood to run off and bang Jack? I see how you are! Just blow off your friends to blow your man!” she sneered rolling her eyes, I gasped, that was just entirely too far!

“What the heck Kaitlynn!?” I asked raising my voice slightly, “You need to go find someone else to harass or sober up!” I growled glaring at her

“OOO! Is someone getting pissy?” She taunted laughing “Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Because you’re crazy is showing now!” that’s it! She just pushed it waaaayyyy too far with that! I thought slipping my shoes off.

“Hey Kaitie that was a little too far don’t talk to my girlfriend like that!” Jack said voice filled with warning, he was so protective and sweet at just the right times! Unfortunately this was something that I had to handle, something that was left unfinished since high school. I handed my shoes to Jack who was standing behind me hands on my shoulders, I gave him the look, the one that said “get in this and your butt is fried too!”

“Kaitlynn, I do believe you have pushed this too far!” I said my voice sickly calm, I was ready to pounce when she said the next wrong thing,

“What are you going to do about it sweetheart? Insult me? Bring up the past and expect it to hurt?” she laughed throwing her head back, “Well I’ve got news for you babe, It’s not gonna work! Now go run your crazy self back to your boytoy and don’t start something you can’t finish!” That was it! I shrieked in rage as I pounced, full out pounced on her pulling at her hair, pinning her to the ground, before either one of us could cause much damage we were being pulled apart. Jack, Alex, Gabe, and Matt had a hold of me trying to keep me back, while Zack had control of Kaitie.

“Let me at her! Let me at her! She called me a crazy! I’ll show her a crazy!” I shrieked fighting against the three skinny men, ignoring Sara scolding us like children for fighting at a wedding, at least that’s what I think she was scolding us about.

“…Who’s trying to go anywhere hansom!” I heard Kaitie flirt and giggle in Zack’s arms, I growled again looking at her

“Who’s the whore now Kaitlynn?” I called across the smallish space between us,

“Hey hey hey, you really need to calm down babe.” Jack whispered soothingly in my ear kissing my bare shoulder (I had lost my jacket sometime in the last minute) taking a deep breath I closed my eyes and leaned into him, the other three letting me go. Silently Jack lead me away from everyone else out the back door sitting down beside me on a low brick wall right outside the door. As soon as we sat down his arms were around me and his head on mine, he rubbed my back slowly. I closed my eyes and leaned more into him, he knew how to chill me out most of the time which was something special, Sara had been the only one to do it before. Clinging to him my mind took off again, thinking about what Kaitie had said, (how it was just like high school when my life was falling apart, why did it hurt now? That was 7 years ago! My life was almost perfect now!), about what Jack had asked me, everything from the last twenty four hours all pounding in my head all at once! I knew I needed to be alone for a while, sighing I pulled back from Jack looking him in the eyes,

“I need to borrow your car.” I whispered holding out my hand for his keys,

“Why?” he asked, worry lacing his voice,

“I just do. Trust me Jack, I’m not going to do anything stupid.” I promised, sighing he handed me the keys to his Jeep,

“Be careful babe, please…” he said almost pleading, I knew I scared him some when my crazy bi-polar side kicked in, but I also knew he knew I wasn’t ever going to do anything stupid, I had seen and felt firsthand what it was like to lose someone to their own hand, and would never plague that on anyone. Pulling me into his chest again Jack kissed my head looking down at me, “I love you…” he said slipping his suit jacket over my shoulders, it was small but it was the thought that counted right? “Please come back to me.” He whispered so quietly I had a feeling I wasn’t supposed to hear it,

“I love you too.” I replied taking the keys and backing up slowly, before turning and running barefoot through the snowy parking lot to his car. This was going to be a long night.

Three hours, twenty miles, and some endless thinking later I found myself sitting alone in the park by Jack’s house. It was dark and cold and I didn’t have a coat besides my flimsy lace jacket and Jack’s jacket which was entirely too small for me… sighing I wrapped my arms around myself and rocked on the swing. Swings were great places to think and that’s what I needed to do right then, think. It really wasn’t coming very easily to me at that point in time. Frustrated I got back in the car and just sat there with it on, warming back up. I hated this… That I couldn’t think about just one thing, so I couldn’t solve anything, which was absolutely no good… I don’t know how long I sat there before I finally decided to go back to Jack’s house. When I got there Sara was sitting on the swing hot coco in hand and wrapped up in a blanket, it looked like she was waiting for me.

“Hey…” I mumbles sitting down beside her.

“You okay?” she asked handing me a corner of the blanket, I shrugged moving closer to her to put my head on her shoulder (I don’t know why but I had always been and always would be a cuddler) she patted my head and let me stay there that’s one of the things I loved about Sara, she let me have my space if I needed it, she wouldn’t push it if I didn’t want to talk, which is something I was bad at doing… “You know, Jack is sitting up in his room waiting for you… he’s worried, we all were…” I sighed and nodded

“Sorry… I just needed to leave…”

“What exactly happened anyway?”

“I don’t really know… Jack just asked me if I thought we would ever get married and I freaked out a little in my head, then Kaitie came over and said some stuff and I just lost it…” I sighed frustrated “Why am I like this Sara?” I asked whining hiding my face in her shoulder, she just shook her head and petted my hair, sighing, I stood up, “I think ima go to bed…” she nodded pulling the blanket back up over she shoulders,

“Okay… talk to Jack first though okay? He’s going to wear a hole in the floor pacing!” she giggled, I nodded and trudged upstairs, I just wished this conversation could wait…

“Kahla? Is that you?” Jack asked coming out of his room when I got to the top of the stairs,

“Yeah I’m here…” I mumbled, just wanting to go to sleep. It was dark so I didn’t even see him before he nearly knocked me down hugging me,

“Don’t ever leave when you’re like that again okay?” he asked latching on to me, I smiled a little and hugged him back hiding my face in the crook of his neck, it always felt nice when he hugged or held me, it was nice to know someone cared. It was then I realized just how hard exactly it was going to be to clue him in on my views when it seemed that was one thing he really wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! sorry it's late... i forgot to update... DONT SHOOT!!! *cowers under a table* (tehehe you two get it xp) anyway... I hoped you liked this chapter... things are getting interesting now! A touch of drama has started YAY!! the drama makes stories more fun!

Now for random happenings of the week!!!!!!

I finally got my liceonse on wednesday morning, it made me smile XP but its still odd to drive by myself, any of you guys find that when (and if i know theres some young readers) you have your liceonse?

bah i rambled... sorry!!!!!!! anyway

Comment? they make me smile and i will give everyone virtual cookies!!!

hasta luego!
Kaykay