Under A Paper Moon.

I Just Feel Complete When You're By My Side.

I groaned loudly as my mom muttered something under her beath about me being a delinquant. She practically dragged me from my bed this morning to get dressed and to take me shopping. Needless to say, I was not a very happy camper. My eyes wondered over shop windows as my mother passed by me entering Little Surprise, the baby store, which caused my face to flush and for me to roll my eyes.

"Seriously? You could do this when I'm not with you." I looked at her and she shrugged.

"Too bad."

Sometimes, she made me want to rip my fucking hair out. I trailed behind her sheepishly but I let my eyes wonder over the baby clothes. They were so adorable. My mom started picking out three-packs of different 'new born' baby-grows, vests and small socks. My face fell watching her smile at the baby clothes, I didn't want this. My eyes caught a pair of skunk hair pass by the store and I quickly followed it.
I smiled before I jumped and wrapped my arms around the lanky guy's waist and made him jump, the light brown haired boy laughed.

"Jesus, you gave me a heart attack." Jack turned and breathed at me before kissing my forehead and wrapping his arms around my waist, his fingers ran over the material of my shirt that covered my stomach. I shivered.

"Nah, it was priceless." Alex nodded at me and ruffled my hair.

"Gaskarth." I grumbled fixing my hair and made an attempt to kick him, and failed miserably as he jumped back. So I stuck out my tongue at him, "Where's Lisa?"

"Out with her parents, it's her cousin's sixteenth.. I wasn't invited." He nodded at me and I chuckled.

"I guessed, you guys heading to practice?"

"Yep, you comin?" Jack swayed side to side slightly and I looked up at him, he pecked my lips.

"I'm-"

"Rayne! Don't wonder off like that, you gave me a fright. Hello Jack, Alex." My mom firstly screeched and then calmed when she found me, she had a shopping bag in her hand from Little Surprise. I felt Jack tense up behind me, which made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Sorry mom." I muttered and wiggled from Jack's arms, he frowned slightly.

"Meet me in the restaurant upstairs, love." My mom nodded at me and I muttered a 'yes' before turning to the guys.

"Baby clothes?" Alex asked more or less for Jack.

"My mom just wondered in there and started picking out stuff." I sighed.

"I'll see you later, Ray," Jack took my hand then kissed me quickly, still sending shocks up my back, "You'll have to get to your mom."

I nodded and breathed, "Bye."

I quickly hugged Jack and Alex, heading back to my nightmare mother.

~*~


I moaned as I sat down on my bed. I felt absolutely stiff and sore from non-stop walking and shopping since twelve. It's after seven o'clock now. I narrowed my eyes as I fired up my laptop and went straight to my email. I just had some notifications from my facebook and youtube accounts and a new email.

I clicked on it, the heading from what I could see was named 'Reminder!". But it wasn't a subscription or anything so it must be someone I know.
Dearest Rayne,

Just thought I'd remind you that Scott's birthday is coming up in two weeks, the 18th. I know you've been very occupied lately, just in case you forgot. The party, if you wish to come, is at my own house and guests will start arriving at around 1pm. He'll be delighted to see you. If you need any help you have my number, my address is 45 Greene Meadows, CA. Thank you.

Sincerely, Debra.


I ran my eyes over the email many times before it clicked at what it was. I felt almost catatonic reading over his name repeatedly. I shakily left my laptop down and then ran my hands over my face. I can't go, just can't. But it wouldn't hurt to go... But he will hurt you if you do go. I picked up my laptop again and deleted the email like I have throughout the past two years. Birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter invitations. Gone. I have to move on from my life and leave Scott behind. He was not worth the nightmares and the months of regret he put me through. My life is better now. If you could say that.

I sat back and relaxed myself from the memories clouding my mind which were sharply broken when there was a knock at my front door. I waited a few minutes to see if my mom would answer it but the only thing that happend was the guest knocking again. I guess my mom and dad were at work then. Or whatever else.

I stood up, and out of habit placed my hand on the bump growing on my stomach and walked to the hall and down the stairs. I opened the front door and was greeted with Jack smiling at the other side, his arms were outstretched. His hair was stuck to his forehead from the rain and his clothes were blotchy and damp. I smiled and leaned against the doorframe.

"Yes?" I lightly smiled and brushed back my hair with my hand.

"May I come in?" He laughed with an obvious tone to his voice, he leaned in and kissed me breathtakingly deep and pulled away, centimetres from my face. I just nodded and he walked in. I followed him to my bedroom after finding my keys and locking my door. He was sitting on my bed with his legs up, his jacket and converse were on the floor. I sat beside him and nestled back into his embrace.

"What are you doing here?" I looked up at him, he put Home Alone 2 into the dvd player when I was downstairs and he was attentively watching it.

"Honestly? I dont know. I had this sudden urge to come over, so I did." He smiled at me.

I kissed his cheek and rested my head on his chest, my fingers played with the end of his shirt, and every few minutes I would skim my hand over the skin of his stomach and he would shiver. Which caused me to giggle.
I leaned up and kissed him, he instantly deepened it, sliding his tongue over mine. He pushed me onto my back and ran his hand up my shirt slightly. He was being gentle though, not forceful, even with the extent of his actions already.

He pulled away, "I'm not.. I jus-"

"I know." I placed my hand on his cheek and kissed him once more before rolling over and pulling me on top of him. No doubt his eyes rested on the TV. Home Alone and the second one are his favourite movies.

"But, Rayne?" He spoke softly, I raised my head.

"Mhm?"

"I love you."

My lips involuntarily parted and my heart picked up on pace, as if it was going to pop from my chest. I felt really weird too, like my body just got an electrical shock.

"I love you too, Jack." I smiled and kissed him.

I rested my head on his chest after a few minutes of cuddling and kissing, I literally couldn't rid of the smile on my face. Soon I fell asleep to Jack's deep breathing and fast heart beat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rayne's Outfit.