Status: Coming Soon!

Stop Standing There

Skylar

Vancouver was definitely different. Having a job was weird, but I liked it. In the time we've been here, Sarah and I have had alot of fun. We made friends with alot of the guys, I'd like to see what real work is like.

Two new guys had come in through the deadline, I didn't know them from a hole in the wall, but there was alot of buzz around the room about them. We stepped in, and they both gave us a glance, in which Sarah and I looked at each other awkwardly. We brushed past them quickly into the locker room.

"So...the new guys?" I asked Sarah while getting the stalls ready for the game.

"I guess" she said finishing up the final stall.

"I heard they played together a few years ago" I replied.

"Did you research us?" I heard a voice from behind me, and I turned to meet two blue eyes. He was a bit taller than me, but the blue eyes caught my attention, until he spoke again, "Still there?"

"Sorry" I replied, brushing past him.

"Stalker much?"

I turned to face him and scoffed, "Excuse me?" I paused for a minute crossing my arms over my chest, I don't think he was expecting a response, "I do need to keep up on the team, if that's alright with you"

He just shook his head, "It was a joke" he replied, "Do you take everything that seriously?"

I just shook my head and turned on my heel, grabbing Sarah on my way out. She laughed as we stepped out the door and I glared at her.

"What?" she shrugged, "It was funny"

"Excuse me?"

"If you saw the look on your face when you met him face to face"

"What?"

"The man is fine"

I shook my head, "That may be so, but he's a jackass"

"You think I'm fine?" he showed up behind me again and I nearly jumped out of my skin, he had a smug smile on his face and I felt my cheeks flush red again.

"Can you not sneak up on me like that, please?" I snapped.

He just laughed, "Maybe you shouldn't talk about people"

"Maybe you shouldn't be a jackass" I snapped before walking away.

Sarah rushed up behind me and grabbed my arm, "You can't talk to them like that" she insisted, "We have to get along"

"If he's going to be like that, how do I get along with him?" I huffed. He pissed me off, and I was going to let him know I didn't like him.

"Just do your job, and let him do his okay?"

"I don't like him"

"Not much we can do about that" she replied.

I just sighed, "If he tries anything, I will snap back, okay?"

"You need to apologize"

My eyes widened and then I looked over in the direction of the locker room, "You're kidding right?"

"You need to stay on decent terms Sky"

I just sighed, following Sarah back to the locker room. She pushed me in and I came up behind him, "Chris is it?"

I watched as the other guy, Chris had been speaking to earlier made his way over to Sarah. I thought I caught his eye on her.

Chris turned around and chuckled, "Sneaking up on me now?"

"I'm sorry, for what I said earlier, okay?" I turned to leave and he grabbed me.

"I didn't get your name"

"Skylar, everyone calls me Sky"

"Different name"

"Thanks I guess. Good luck tonight" and with that I left him there. Shooting a look to Sarah, who was satisfied. She was always like the older sister I never had. Always kept me grounded, because I tended to let myself take things more personal then they were actually meant.

With that, over six months here has been pretty good, and I feel like Sarah and I are getting closer, and finally I don't have to deal with people commenting on my family, because around here, nobody connected our names to the White brothers, yet.

And this Chris fellow, he could make things alot more difficult in the next few months.