Status: Coming Soon!

Stop Standing There

Image
I don't know where you stand, tell me what's inside your head?
Don't waste another day, don't waste another minute
Open up your heart, help me understand
Just tell me who you are, so I can show you who I am


Sarah

Rich. Spoiled. Brat. Daddy's Princess.

That's all anyone ever knew me as. Or, rather, what they chose to know me as.

Never smart or independent. Oh, and of course, I never worked hard for anything. Not for my straight A's in high school, not even for my university degree. Everything was handed to me. It couldn't even be fathomed that I would possibly stay up all night studying for an exam the next day. Not me. Not Sarah White.

White. When you think about the colour white, you think boring, crisp, blank. And, ironically enough, all of the above could be compared to my entire family. Boring business people. Crisp, sharply-dressed, clean-cut. And of course, blank. Void of any emotion. Why did you need emotion when you had money?

My parents were great people, they were. I knew they were simply oblivious to the things I dealt with... And that was fine. They were running a business. I understood.

The only real friend I ever had growing up was my cousin, Skylar. The two of us liked to think we were the exception to our family's rule, but when it really came down to it, we blended into the White name. And that's all anyone ever deemed we would do. This was who we would always be. Part of a family where everyone is the same.

Skylar

I knew how to have fun, I did, but no one ever gave me the chance. Everyone saw Skylar White, a white, rich daddy's girl, who had everything. It's not like I asked for this, I don't like living like this. This isn't me. Feeling like I'm confined to this lifestyle, this big house, big enough to fit a family of ten, and it was just myself, my brother and my dad.
My mom, well that's another story.

My parents divorced when I was 15, so about 7 years ago, and it's been the three of us ever since, if you'd even call it that. I was barely home, because when I was, my brother and dad were arguing, so I spent my time with my cousin, Sarah at her house, who's father owned the other half of the company my dad owned as well.

My dad was like the evil brother, the one who took the credit for my uncle's work. My uncle was the greatest man you'd ever meet, and he treated me like his daughter. He started the company, and my dad fed off of that, and my mom, couldn't take it anymore, which is why she left. But I had to stay with my dad, he was the one who could support me and my brother.

I wasn't happy with my life, I just needed to get out. Sarah and I both came up with an idea to get out of this town, and start off new. Whatever it entitled, we were ready for it.

I think.