‹ Prequel: A spotlight of my own
Status: SEQUEL TIME

Notbroken

All Star Weekend (Part 1)

“Mhmmmm,” I felt something touch my skin, Figuring it was part of my dream I flipped over and kept my eyes shut.

A few minutes later came another touch, this one a bit colder and with it a poke on my cheek.

“Mmmm…Stop,” I mumbled as I opened one of my eyes to see Pat looking at me from a couch across the room, a room I didn’t recognize. The look Pat was giving me suggested something was much worse, in my case, then not knowing where I was. My eyes must of gotten huge as I realized my legs and belly were un-covered because Pat and another voice started laughing.

“Where’s Jon?” Pat smiled and pointed behind me. I flipped onto my back and noticed Jon sitting on the top of the couch I was crashed on, with his feet now laying on my un-covered belly. He laughed as I screamed and rolled off the couch, pulling the blanket that was towards my feet, on top of me.

“Good morning sunshine!” Jon said as he hopped down and walked to the other side of the room. He shoved Pat down and took a seat next to him as they both smirked at me.

“I take it as this is our hotel room… and this couch,” I said pointing behind me, “is my bed?”

“This is our hotel room, however that is not your bed silly girl.” Pat said as he stood up, walked into the kitchen that I had just noticed, and hopped up onto the counter.

“My bed is the ground?’

“Right.” Jon said sarcastically as he too stood up and headed into the kitchen. “Kidding, we have three rooms, your all good. Oh and I put all your bags in your room already. Just call me Mr. Housekeeper.”

Jon smiled back and me and I shook my head as I pulled the blanket all over to cover me as I got up, even though they’d already seen most of me. I had no desire to ask yet how I ended up in just a white v-neck and Victoria’s Secret boy shorts lying on that couch when all I remember is sitting in my plane clothes in the car.

The boys had done not only a nice job picking out the hotel, considering my room was huge, easily the size of a normal hotel suite, but they also had neatly stacked all my clothes out. I smiled towards myself as I began picking up the clothes and placing them on hangers, this is going to be one good time, no need to worry ‘bout that.

A soft knock came from behind me by the door and I twirled around to see Pat leaning on the frame smiling. “You ready to come my little wing?” He winked at me as I realized he was referring to our old team, the West Seneca Wings.

I nodded my head while I placed the last of the outfits into the closet and shut the wooden flap.

“Where are we going?”

He smiled again and turned to go out the door but without taking a step, “Someplace where you can’t wear that…” I looked down to see myself still in boy shorts and the v-neck. “Jeans and T-Shirt, preferably a Blackhawks one with the number 88 on the back.”

I laughed as he left but came back seconds later with lo and behold a black Blackhawks shersey with his number on the back. “Thanks, even though you know this will get me in trouble!”

“Yeah…If you haven’t realized, I, Patrick Kane, am the definition of trouble. Now come on come on, Tazers getting antsy!”

***Bobby Ryan’s POV**

“She’s here bro.” Corey Perry said as we sat down in our hotel room to watch some TV before heading into Raleigh for the day.

“I know.” I didn’t want to even think about her at this point. I had heard from Erik Karlsson, who was on her plane down from Ottawa, that he over heard her saying that she was staying with Kane and Toews for the weekend. Erik has said her and Tyler Ennis, the only Sabre selected to the All-Star weekend, didn’t even notice him, But also didn’t say anything about me. I was thankful and yet a little bit sad about it, I guess she really didn’t think about me as much as I thought about her.

“What are you going to do if you see her?”

“Probably cry, fall in fetal position, maybe even scream like a little bitch.” I said sarcastically which earned a pissed look from Perry.

“You’re an idiot.” He smiled, “But I’d date you if I was gay.”

“Thanks fucker.” I laughed and covered my face in a pillow. Maybe sleep would help a bit.

***Corey Perry’s POV**

Bobby was dead asleep and it seemed no one had checked into our hotel so I decided to head out. No way I was going to spend my whole AllStar weekend with a sappy kid like myself, that’s been heart broken since the summer.
I got out of the hotel luckily without anyone recognizing me and headed into downtown Raleigh with the BMW I had rented.

It took me about a half hour to find a restaurant that looked like I wouldn’t be bothered in. Normally when I played in Raleigh I could get away with going anywhere but now with all the Caniacs and NHL fans everywhere there was no way I’d get to go to my favorite Denny’s here.

I turned into the small diner and parked the car before heading inside with my hat pulled low down my head. The place was instantly warming as a cute young waitress led me to a booth and offered me a hot chocolate. Within minutes of being seated I heard the main door’s bell go off , I looked to see Patrick Kane with Jonathan Toews and a smaller more petite figure hustle in. I kept glancing at them as the waitress sat them on the other side of my booth, behind the tinted glass and then I began to listen to their conversation as the waitress brought me my coffee.

***Shauna’s POV**

“Here?” I asked as we pulled into a small diner.

“Correct, Ain’t it a beaut?” Pat said as he whipped into a space next to the only other car on this side of the building. Jon laughed as we stepped out of the car and strode into the diner. A young waitress introduced herself and sat us in a booth away from, what looked to be a male, on the other side of a tainted window divider.

“As long as they have good food! I’m starving fellas!” I said as Jon slid into the divider’s wooden exterior. I dove in after him and Pat fell into the other side.

The waitress immediately returned and took our drink orders, which were all chocolate milks, and we resumed conversation after staring at the menu for a good 10 minutes.

“Well who’s jersey will I be wearing at the game?”

The boys exchanged glances as Jon began to speak, “Mine, duh… I mean you’re wearing this prick’s shirt right now.” He winked at Pat, who pouted back at him.

“You sir are a bully.”

I laughed and shook my head, I am going to make this a battle, “Ummmm…whoever wins the competition.”

“WHAT?” they both said loudly as they both quickly turned their heads towards me.

“You heard me! Competition, game on. A little U.S.A. vs. Canada action!” I triumphantly said as the waitress came back to take our orders.
Jon and Pat both ordered a huge breakfast platter consisting of a hep of pancakes, toast, eggs, bacon and a piece of susage while I stuck with a small fruit parfait and jello. The waitress laughed as the boys chirped me for my ‘girly’ breakfast and she disappeared beyond the divider.

“Now, Let’s get down to business…Shauna were going to get to the bottom of your feelings for Mr. Ryan.” Pat said as him and Jon smiled towards each other.

“Uh…so are you guys trying to be like my best girlfriend?”

“Oh my god, like exaccccctly!” Jon responded in a quick girly voice.

“Okay well I guess my real one doesn’t count so what would you like to know?”

“Any issues lately? Is he still after you?” Pat asked with a concerned face.

“Not really, I mean, I think I’m over him. I really don’t like him anymore, I kinda hope he gets crushed at some point this year. He stalks me for something now too…Did I tell you guys about the Buffalo night?”

They both answered by shaking their heads and leaning into the table more with dopey eyes. They are just like Lex, silly boys.

“Well he came to Buffalo, I guess he got healthy scratched or something and flew to Buffalo to see me. So Danielle, Junior’s girlfriend, Lex and I were all downtown Niagara for like a girl’s night on one of my off days a couple days ago. He showed up and then we went outside and… yeah.” I said as a frown fell onto my face and I stirred my chocolate milk. The boys both went silent and I felt automatically like I had shared to much, they probably didn’t even care to hear this much.

“Sorry…T-M-I.” I shook my head as I swiveled the straw around in my drink and stared down at eh wooden table. Warmth came from both sides of me as Jon and Pat’s arms both wrapped around me.

“Group hug!” Pat yelled as the waitress showed face and dropped the receipt on the table before scurrying off again.

As Pat got up and switched spots, Jon and I noticed the figure behind the divider stand up and look over to us, At least that’s what the silhouette looked like.

“You see that?” Jon asked as he nudged me. I gave him a quick nod and nudged Pat with my foot to look over. The figure immediately turned as soon as it saw our silhouettes and began walking towards the hostess stand. “Perry.”

Jon and Pat exchanged another glance and immediately ushered me out so they could go follow the man. I sat back down in the booth and watched the two as they hustled to the front. Jon got to him first and pulled him so that they were facing each other as Pat strode up too. It was obvious Pat exchanged some harsh words as Jon gave him a teacher-esc look and pushed ‘Perry’ guy out the door. Pat looked back towards me as he was midway through the door and gave the one minute signal leaving me alone.

***Perry’s POV**
“What the fuck are you up to snitch?” Kane said as Toews turned me towards the two of them.

“Snitch? Just trying to eat some grub.” I said with a smirk. I really was just trying to eat some dinner but their conversation was something I was defiantly going to repeat to Silver.

Before I could get another word out Toews shoved me out the door and Kane followed suit behind. I wanted to say ‘fuck off’ but I knew there would be punches thrown with these two idiots. Instead I ripped my arm away and dropped two steps back, I wasn’t intimidated but there was no reason to fight.

“What’s wrong guys? I was really just trying to eat.”

“Yeah sure you were,” Kane scoffed as Toews gave him a stern look. “Really Corey I know you heard everything she said.”

I tilted my head and gave him another smirk, sure I did but seeing this kid flustered was hilarious. “Nah I didn’t hear anything.”

“What the fuck are you talking about? How couldn’t you hear?” Kane stepped towards me so I immediately answered with a countering step towards the midget. Toews got in-between and pushed Kane back before giving me a menacing look.

“Alright Corey, I believe but if I hear anything don’t think I won’t bust you. Most of the league already hates her because of your teammate and she doesn’t need more.”

“Right Jon, Right, Well tell her I said hello and I’ll see you at the ASG.”

No fucking way was I going to keep her shit-talking to myself, No girl belonged in the league anyways.

***Shauna’s POV**

The boys came back, paid in a hustle and before I knew it we were back at the hotel. As soon as we got settled back into the hotel room I fell asleep laying across Pat’s lap while he and Jon watched the news.

I woke up a few hours later to Pat sleeping talking and rubbing my belly, I looked around noticing Jon was no where to be seen and sat up. Pat opened his eyes and smiled back before allowing his body to slump down onto the couch so he could fall asleep more comfortably. Before I went back to sleeping, and now spooning Pat, I checked the clock to see it was only 2 in the afternoon. “More than enough time to sleep I whispered to myself as I too slumped down so that my back was touching Pat’s chest. Let’s see how comfy Pat is. Pat’s arms curled around my waist and I felt his face push into my hair almost instantly as I closed my eyes.

“mmmmmhmmm, G-g-g-good ni-igh-igh-ight shaw-shaw-shauna.” Pat mumbled as we both fell back into our comfortable sleep.

“COME ON YOU TWO, LETS GO!” I hear a voice yell as Pat tugs on the hem of my shirt, obviously till sleeping. I part my eyes slightly to see Jon standing over us with his arms crossed over his chest and a grin plastered on his face. Pat mumbles something and I make one last eye contact with Jon before flipping my body so my head is right underneath Pat’s chin. His arms follow with me and land on the small of my back which earns a grunt from Jon, jealous.

“No really you two we have to get going in an hour and it takes Kaner here that much time.” Jon says as he walk back into his room.

Within minutes Pat and I are in our separate rooms getting ready for the opening night and draft part of the Allstar game weekend.

After burning my hand on my curler and straighter my hair was curled to perfect. There were two dresses I had brought down for opening night but I decided on my newest one Lex had bought me. The dress was flowing teal pleated georgette with a summer-esc feel because for it being winter in Buffalo, it was like summer down in Raleigh. I paired my dress with white Toms shoes, pearl-gold earrings, a pearl-gold ring, white ball bracelet and a white flower for my head.

“Damn Shauna,” Pat said as I finally resurfaced from my room and met the guys by the door before we left.

“No no, dammmmmn at you two,” I answered with a wink as they opened the door and I grabbed my iPhone. They both nudged each other with smiles as the elevator opened and we saw a limo driver with a paper with our names on it. I lead the way into the limo per Jon’s hand gestures and we were on our way.

We arrived at Raleigh Convention Center in about 10 minutes of a hard jamming session to my hometown’s Goo Goo Dolls.

“Well well here we go,” Pat announced, obviously now into his celebrity mode, as the limo driver unlatched the door.

He was of course the first one out and as soon as the door opened for Jon and I’s side he grabbed hold of my hand and hugged me. “No more afraid Shauna, no more…I can see it in your eyes.”

I looked back up at him with a sloppy-side smile, “You’re right but I’m not here as one of you…”

“You will be next year, now let’s go have fun!” He smiled back and stepped out holding the door for me as Pat was already handshaking with other NHLers.

Cameras starting flashing as Jon led me through the crowd, only stopping a few times for pictures and autographs. Pat followed behind us, while needing encouragement every once and a while to keep moving and stop flirting with the older-looking puck sluts.

Jon led us to the VIP fan section, which was where I’d be sitting as the boys got ‘drafted’ into their all-star teams. There was no one we recognized and the seats were not tagged so Jon sat me up at the front, as close as possible to him and Pat, and gave me a kiss on the cheek, with a hug from Pat, before leaving my to play with my phone.

The section started filling up with other NHLers and famous people, who paid me no attention, within the hour. I stayed to myself and played around with my phone until I caught a glace of him out the side of my eye. He was staring at me with those blue orbs but it was obvious he wasn’t going to make a move. I replied with a shake of my head, a glance back up at Jon, who wasn’t even facing me, and a quick glance back to see he was still staring from at least 4 rows over. Luckily for me someone, who I didn’t know, ask me to move so he could sit, he effectively blocked Bobby’s vision for enough time for me to recompose myself and focus back on my phone.

I stayed staring at my phone and glances back up towards the backs of Jon’s and Pat’s head until Pat stood up and went to the right podium with Lindstrom and St.Louis. Ennis then locked eyes with me from his rookie chair and gave me a quick wink before the 1st selection was made in the “draft.”

The draft. Visions danced through my head of that day last summer. The thrill of believing I was busting out of my family’s shadow in Buffalo. The feeling of complete ecstasy because everything felt perfect in that moment. Bobby was still with me back then. I glanced back over to Bobby, thankfully he wasn’t looking and gave myself a sappy smile. He was amazing but I guess all good things come to an end.
The night flew by and familiar faces made smiles at me, Jeff Skinner, Tyler Seguin, a comfort level state in with their warm faces. Maybe I wasn’t as lone out of Buffalo as I thought. I had Pat, Jon and I was willing to bet Jeff and Tyler would have my back too.

I stayed in my seat long after the draft was done and news people were gone, Pat said it was the safest place for me. As I waited for the boys to be done with their interviews I felt eyes on me. I thought I saw Bobby leave but I was wrong as he approached me and sat in the seat next to me, starring straight ahead.

“Hi.”

“Why are you here Bobby?” I responded quickly.

“Same as you, friends are here, figured I hook along.”

“What do you want?” I felt him turn towards me and then felt his warm hand touch my thigh. As shocking as it was that he was touching me it felt almost normal.

“Shauna, look,” I peered into his ice eyes as he pulled out a piece of paper and put it in-between his hand and my thigh. “I fucked up, I know. There’s just this slight hope I have that at some point you’ll…”

His face turned white and his hand turned cold. I felt my eyes piercing into my back, they weren’t Pat or Jon’s, I could sense a much darker figure.

“Don’t say a word.” Bobby whispered as he stood. “What do you want?”

I turned around to see a man with sleek black hair in a Penguins jacket staring at us.

“What do you think Bobby?” The man responded in what seemed to be a French accent.

“I don’t know what you think Letang and I don’t care so if you’ll leave…” Bobby pushed himself in front of me and intertwined his fingers with mine. In a matter of seconds I went from hating Bobby to feeling completely protected by him.

“This wasn’t part of the deal, Syd should of listened to us.” The man smirked and folded his arms across his body, “As for you Shauna…watch your back.” And with that Letang left the huge room, leaving Bobby and I, hands still intertwined leaning on each other.

I couldn’t muster any words so I wrapped my arms around Bobby and smushed myself into his back. He responded by turning around and pulling me into a bear hug as he rubbed my back up and down.

“What was that?” I asked as the cat let go of my tongue.
“Ehhh, Just don’t worry about it. Letangs just trying to be a bitch,” He smiled at me and squeezed me into him a little bit more, “Still have the envelope?”

I reached back into my seat and grabbed the envelope. “What’s in it?”

“You,” In a blink of an eye Bobby had kissed my cheek and was now resting his forehead on mine, “Open it when you’re away.” Another kiss, this one brushing on my lips. All the feelings before his betrayal came rushing back Everything he did to me was forgotten.

Our eyes met again and this time I leaned in, I grabbed my hand into his hair and pulled him into me. He answered by pulling my hips towards him. “Shauna, I don’t think… this is smart.” He said in-between kisses.

“I don’t care Bobby, I don’t care anymore.” I melted into his arms and let everything fade away, Bobby was all that mattered. We leaned in for another kiss and this time his our mouths parted and our tongues began dancing with each other. Bobby then sat slowly down in one of the chairs, pulling me down with him, his hands caressing my back and hips. The chairs were like movie theatre chairs so I simply settled into his lap without missing a beat. We continue kissing and touching until he started pawing at the hem of my dress.

“No Bobby, no.” As he was a bout to answer I heard a creek and the doors open revealing Jon and Pat’s blank stares. “Shit,” I whispered as I quickly stood up and smoothed out my dress while trying to hide my blush.

“Time to go Shauna.” Jon said in a stern voice as he walked over and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Pat walked in behind him and stared at Bobby, whom still remained in the chair.

“Okay…Um I’ll meet you out there in a second?”

The boys exchanged looks, scowled at Bobby and nodded towards me before leaving the room once again.

“Well…” Bobby whispers in my ear as I feel his arms wrap around my waist and he kisses me neck.

“We, this, You hurt me so bad.” I answer, pushing him away but not making eye contact. I feel him tense up and loosen his grip on me.

“I understand, I really do, I just hoped…” His voice drops off and I forced myself to look in his eyes.

“Not now, when summer comes Bobby, I’ll give you one shot. One more, nothing else.” I said the words but I could feel my own voice quiver, I wasn’t ready. He knew, He nodded and hugged me goodbye.

The hug wasn’t a normal hug, it was long, filled with passion. He loved me but knew I couldn’t love him. The hug was more than just a goodbye for tonight, summer wasn’t going to happen. He knew it.

I met the boys in the lobby and we headed into the limo. They proceed to ask what had happened and I spilled everything, those two had my back. The looks they gave after I announced my piece were not what I excepted however, smiles from both. I shrugged it off as we pulled into the hotel and went up to our room.

First night of the ASGs? Perfect. I said to myself as I showered and changed into my soffee shorts, lax pinny and sports bra for bedtime.

The boys came in, gave me hugs as I congratulated them and I bid them a goodnight. Tomorrow would be the start of the actual festivities, the skills competition.
♠ ♠ ♠
10 pages, holyyyy molyyyy!
hows everyones winter?! sorry been stingy with updates :(

think hard about the song lyric, it does make sense :)