‹ Prequel: A spotlight of my own
Status: SEQUEL TIME

Notbroken

Let the fun begin

We went from Buffalo, to New York City and then to Ottawa, only losing 1 game with two fluke goals by the Islanders in Buffalo. The Ottawa and 2nd Islander games we’re great, we were owning in both ends of the ice and as Coach Ruff put it, ‘clicking on all cylinders.’ To say we were headed into the Allstar break with a new feeling around our team was an understatement.

Jon and Pat had obviously been thinking ahead of time and told me to pack all my stuff for Allstar weekend with my Ottawa/NYC bags because the ticket they got me flew directly from Ottawa to Carolina where they’d be picking me up. Thankfully for me I was not alone on the flight, Tyler Ennis was voted into the Allstar rookie skills and wanted to get down there early too.

I hugged all my teammates good bye as we separated in the airport, they would be heading back to Buffalo as a team before departing for their home towns. A few of the guys said they were just planning on staying Buffalo and resting which would be exactly what I would do.

“Shauna, come hither!” Royzie said as Vanek, Pommers and Kaleta circled by him. I nodded and dropped my bags near Ennis who smiled back at me.

“I already hugged you guys!” I said in a fake-bitchy tone which they laughed at as I walked into their circle.

“On a serious note Shauna, We want you to be safe down there. We know the story with Ryan…” Vanek paused and nodded toward Ennis who was tapping his watch as if to say we had to go, “He’s not an Allstar but his teammates are and quite a few Penguins will be there. All we ask is that you stay safe.”

“I’m an adult guys, I’ll be fine.” I tried assuring them but it was obvious they didn’t believe me.

“We’ll be checking in with Kane, Toews and this fuck regardless.” Vanek pointed toward Ennis and then grabbed me into another bear hug which led the other guys to join in.

I managed to get out of the hug fest and kissed the boys on their cheeks before I followed Tyler to our terminal as we had seconds to spare. The intercom had already called for the last round of passengers. When we arrived it was only fitting the doors we’re closing to the plane. The terminal attendant recognized us immediately and re-opened the doors. We both nodded to her and handed our bags to the luggage guy that appeared by the end of the walkway entering the plane.

“They’ll be on the walkway when you land.” He said in a gruff voice that made Tyler and I exchange glances.

We kept our heads low, hoping no one would recognize us, as we headed into the coach section. We got lucky and had been assigned seats next to each other in a two-seat section. Not luckily for us there happened to be a baby in the seats across the isle.

“Well here we go.” Tyler said as he allowed me to slide into the window seat. The plane was a small one so luckily for us there were only two seats in each row.

We sat in silence while the plane started down the landing strip. I hated the ’taking off’ part of flying, the bumps always made me cringe. Tyler could sense I was getting nervous as we ascended into the air and Tyler pulled my head into his shoulder.

Just as my eyes were starting to close and my breathing started to steady I heard a baby scream, begin crying and Tyler winced a bit.

“Kill me now?” I asked, pulling my head off his chest, leaning it back on the now closed window and looking into his eyes. He chuckled and squeezed my hand as the plane stopped shaking and we were at cruising altitude.

I awoke to Tyler kissing my forehead and whispering ‘wake-up’ in my ear. I smiled as I met his glance and he chuckled. We waited for about 5 minutes as the people ahead of us exited the plane. In the meantime I checked my phone and showed Tyler the text from Kaner saying they were waiting by baggage claim. He nodded his head and stood up as people had finally cleared out of the aisle.

The airport wasn’t too busy and only three people came up to us for autographs and pictures. In no form was I ready to be in pictures considering I had took a quick shower, slipped my hair into a ponytail and without make-up headed on the plane after the game. Tyler of course looked good, what more could you expect from a hockey boy?

We entered the baggage claim area and I automatically spotted the backs of Kaner and Tazer’s heads. I pointed towards them and before Tyler was about to yell something to them I covered his mouth.

“Shhhh” I whispered and he nodded. Tyler then grabbed a hold of our bags we picked up before exiting the terminal and gave me a little shove toward them.

“PATTY, JONNNNY!” I yelled as I sneak attacked behind them and jumped on Pat’s back.

“Holy Sh- SHAUNA!” Pat yelled back as I slid off his back and he turned around before picking me back up. I crossed my legs around his hips and kissed him on the fore head while Tyler walked up behind us. I loosed my legs again and shimmied down while letting go of him and moving onto Jon.

“Hi Boom-Boom.” Jon whispered as he pulled me into a hug and tangled his one hand in my hair while the other laid on the small of my back. Tyler and Pat exchanged a glance I noticed as I stepped out of his warm enclosure.

Tyler then said hello to both boys and we were off the minute after Tyler and I grabbed our bags.

“Ennis you’re in the same hotel as us right? Umstead?” Jon asked as we hopped into the Jeep Wrangler they had rented. Tyler would be meeting up with his roommates there, so he’d have his own car.

“Yes sir! Hallsy and I.”

Jon nodded and turned the car onto the freeway as I laid my head on Kaner’s shoulder.

“Let the party begin!” Jon yelled as he turned the radio up as Guns and Roses ‘Paradise City’ streamed through the speakers.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry again for the long update :( wahh but HOCKEY SEASONS BACK!

go Buffalove ;)