Status: Still in Progress

If You Could Only See

Chapter 2

Image


Relentless sleep from last night makes me more tired than yesterday. Damn dad and his sex last night. He had another chick in there after the skank left, it's kinda upsetting when your dad can only get some from skanks off the street or in the bar.

I sighed and decided that I wasn't gonna fall asleep anytime soon, so I decided to get up and go for a jog.

I grabbed my iPod not even caring about my phone, it wasn't like someone was gonna text me this early anyway.

So I walked outside with earphones on and starting to Jog around the block once or twice. Once I got tired I sat on my porch and listened to my music. Avenged Sevenfold was blaring on high with 'Dear God' (No it wasn't the same version as that boys.). I groaned in frustration and jumped up kicking a tree on my yard.

"Wow, didn't know you could fight." A voice said.

I turned around and saw this guy with short blackish-brown hair and glasses. He was laughing at my outburst with the tree.

"Well, I dabble in fighting, it's the only way to defend myself these days." I breathed as I was trying to catch my breath.

"Well, you sure are defending yourself against that tree." He laughed. I was tempted to give him the bird but I decided against it, cuz I hardly knew the guy.

"Shut up. I am just frustrated right now." I told him. He nodded sitting down on my porch. I sat down beside him.

"Let me guess, you didn't wanna move here?" He asked. I nodded.

"We always move though, things never change, were always running." I told him. Why the hell am I telling this guy I barely even knew my problems? I had no idea.

"Ahh, I am used to that too." He said.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, you see me and my brothers have to travel all around the world because we perform." He told me.

"Perform?" I asked.

"Yeah, you know concerts." He said.

"Wait, your in a band?" I asked. He looked at me in disbelief.

"You mean you never heard of it?" He asked thinking I was kidding. I shook my head no. Then he stopped laughing and put on a serious face.

"Our band is called the Jonas Brothers. We're brothers in a band." He told me.

I feel kind of stupid not knowing that he was in a band, with his brothers. Because he suspected me to know. But, I don't listen to it, my bands are all rock and metal. No Pop whats so ever.

He explained to me about this band he was in, and I hung onto every word, I didn't even know his name and he didn't know mine. Isn't that supposed to be the first thing you tell each other? I thought so.

"You never told me your name, I'm Joe." He said raising his hand out for me to shake.

"Layla." I told him shaking his hand out.

"Layla. Well, Layla would you like to come over and hang at my house for a bit? We got video games and I'm sure my brothers would like to meet you." Joe replied. I looked at him a bit before I answered by shaking my head sure.

"Awesome, come on." He said getting up and helping me up off the porch. I smiled at him as we headed over to his house which was right beside mine actually.

I looked at it in awe. He had a big house compared to mine which only consists of two bedrooms 1 story and one small kitchen and living room.

Joe's house was 2 stories and looked extremely huge on the outside. It even had a backyard. Mine didn't even have one of those, that's how poor we are.

"Come on in and meet the family." Joe said grabbing my hand as we headed inside the mansion.

We got into the house and he showed me to the kitchen where a nice lady was cooking at.

"Hey mom." He said as he went up to her and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey Joseph, did you make it back in one piece?" She asked smiling at her son as she cooked.

"Surprisingly, yes mom and I met someone I want you to meet." He gestured towards me.

She turned around and saw me as she had a smile on her face. She came over to me and I had my hand out ready for her to shake it.

"I'm Layla, and you must be Mrs. Jonas. It's nice to meet you." I told her still waiting for her to shake my hand. She smiled and laughed. "You too, Layla. Oh and we don't hand shake in this family, we only hug." She said giving me an embrace. I gave her one back. It actually felt nice to hug someone for once, seeing that dad and I don't even stay in the same room for two minutes or show any affection as family.

We let go and she offered me to eat lunch with them this afternoon. I shook my head because I didn't want to intrude.

"I don't wanna intrude." I told her. "Oh your not intruding, it's just fine. Plus your our new neighbor it's the least we could do." She told me.

"If you are sure, then I guess it wouldn't hurt. Thanks Mrs. Jonas." I told her.

"You can call me Denise. Your welcome here anytime, and I am not used to being called Mrs. Jonas." She told me. I laughed.

"Okay, Denise." I told her.

"Okay, mom I am going to show Layla around the house." Joe said gesturing me to follow him out the kitchen.

"Alright, tell your brothers that Lunch will be ready later!" She yelled through the kitchen. Joe said and okay and we were off looking around his big house.

"This is the game room, where you and I will be spending countless days in since you love games." He told me. Yes, I told him that video games were fun and that I could beat everyone. I used to have a Xbox 360 before we moved here but Dad 'Accidently' (not really) threw it out. So I haven't been able to play my games since.

"Awesome, I'm so gonna own you in Guitar Hero!" I challenged him.

"Whatever! No one can beat me on that game. I'd like to see you try." He challenged back.

"Your so on Jonas!" I yelled. He smirked and so did I. We finished the tour.

"So let's go meet my brothers, shall we?" He asked holding his arm out for me. I nodded my head and linked my arms with his.

This could be a start to a beautiful friendship. I always wanted a friend like him.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" Joe asked as we headed inside the game room where this little boy and this other guy that looked to be in his 20s like Joe were playing Guitar Hero.

"Well, Frankie and Kevin are going at it again at Guitar Hero, seeing that Kevin lost 5 times and is still at it until he wins, and Frankie doesn't mind." The guy with his back toward us said as he was looking out the window. From the back he had brown curly hair, he was wearing a plaid button up shirt from where I could tell from behind him.

"Cool, I want you to meet someone, Nick." He said. Nick then turned around and saw me. He looked familuar in some way. I couldn't put my finger on it. He looked at me with his brown eyes, probably thinking that he saw me before as well.

"Nick, this is Layla my new friend and our new neighbor, Layla this is my brother Nick." Joe introduced us. I had my hand out for him to shake. He shook and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Layla." He said. "Likewise." I replied. 'Likewise' really Layla is that the best you could say? I thought to myself.

"You lost, for the sixth time already, won't you give up?" The little boy who I've learned to know was Frankie asked Kevin.

"No! Not until I beat you! Fair and square!" Kevin shouted being competitive against his younger brother who is clearly better at the game than he is.

"Then it will be midnight before you win, because you can't beat me." Frankie said.

"Your on little brother." Kevin challenged as the rounded up another round of Guitar Hero. I thought this was downright hilarious. Because, a 24 year old man against a 12 year old boy is going at it at Guitar Hero. Kevin is losing each round, and Frankie is winning. I had to admit that Frankie was good and I'm glad I'm watching this right now. I've never had real friends like this who all like the same stuff as me.

"Oh yea I win!!!" Kevin shouted as he through guitar on the ground and started doing a five second dance party, rubbing it in Frankies face. I knew Frankie let him win cause he didn't make a big deal about it when Kevin was rubbing it in his face.

"Layla, I challenge you to this next round of Guitar Hero. Are you up for this challenge?" Joe asked sounding like a sumo wrestler. I giggled. "I'm up for anything you throw at me." I said back to him grabbing Kevins fake guitar he was using for the game. Joe picked up Frankies Fake guitar and started up the game for us. We were put on expert and I was excited. I hadn't played this game in forever and I was gonna see if I still got it.

We played 'Highway To hell' and I beat him. Yup, Layla still gots it. Joe looked at me and back at the game. "You may have won this round but you will not beat me with my song I'm choosing this time." He said in his sumo voice again. I smirked. Ready for anything. I've beaten every song on this version so it didn't phase me one bit.

"Your on." I challenged him as we played 'Dude looks like a Lady' By Aerosmith. I beat him, again. The boys were so impressed. "I've beaten every Guitar Hero game there ever was. So nothing phases me." I told them setting the guitar back down and sitting on the couch beside Nick.

"Welcome to the family, Layla." Kevin said patting my shoulder. I knew I always liked him, he seemed cool. He's my favorite Jonas Brother. But then again I always thought Frankie was adorable.

"Thanks." I said smiling. I could see Nick looking at me from the corner of my eye as Joe was talking to me and stuff.

"Boys and Layla lunch is ready!" Denise yelled. We all looked at each other. "Last one in there has to take out the trash!" Joe challenged as we started running to the kitchen as fast as we could. Kevin was last in the kitchen. He groaned and we all laughed at him. (Not in a mean way.)

We took our seats in the dining room. Nick pulled out my seat for me. I smiled at him and thanked him. "Your welcome." He said sitting in his seat beside me. We said Grace and digged in. I must say, for a person who had to fend for herself when Dad was out drunk every night this food is really good.

"So Layla, when did you move here?" Mr. Jonas aka Paul who I got introduced to this morning by Joe asked.

"Well, a few days ago actually. My father and I move every month because he could never keep a job. But, he said that this month is different. He wants to start his own business. I don't know when that will be though. He hasn't been out of the house much unless he has to go get something from the store." I told him honestly as I ate my mash potatoes.

"Oh, so your not gonna leave next month?" He asked as he ate his food. I could tell that he was trying to get to know me and my family.

"No sir. We're planning on staying here for a while." I told him taking a sip of my diet coke.

"Great, because the boys aren't gonna be leaving anytime soon either, they need friends besides just themselves, you know?" He stated. I nodded my head. Nick was quietly eating and drinking his diet coke. Joe and Kevin were talking quietly to each other while Denise was quietly listening to me and Papa J's conversation.

"Yeah, I could really use friends too." I told him wiping my face off.

"Great, good to have you here around us tonight." Papa J replied.

"Good to be here, Papa J." I stated finishing my meal in silence while the others started talking.

After lunch the boys and I went outside. We talked for a couple of hours before I heard my father come outside.

"Layla get your ass in here this instance! You were suppose to be making me dinner!" My father screached slurring every word that came out of his mouth. The boys looked at me and back at my father. I gave them an apolgetic look. "Sorry guys I gotta go." I told them.

"It's not a problem, here's our numbers so you can text us anytime you wanna hang or just text." Joe said handing me a paper with their numbers on it. I nodded as they all gave me a hug. I hugged them back and giggled. "LAYLA! GET INSIDE NOW!" My Father screeched again. I sighed.

"Coming!" I yelled. I waved at them again as I headed toward the house. I made sure that the piece of paper was folded up and in my pocket before heading inside to Hell.

"Where the hell have you been all day? I needed someone to make me breakfast but no one was here, I needed someone to make me lunch, but no one was here! What's wrong with this picture?" He asked simply yelling in my face. I was used to this to be quite honest, if I didn't do something right when he asked he'd get up in my face and scream.

"That I need to be here when you want something." I stated annoyed.

"Correct! So that means no more hanging out with those friends of yours. If you could even call them that. I bet that they just felt sorry for you." He slurred. That wasn't true. I knew that they cared about me.

"I guess not." I lied to satisfy him. "Now, go make me lunch, I am starving." He slurred again as he sat down in his recliner. I sighed and did what I was told ignoring his coughing.

I made him a sandwich with chips and beer. I handed it to him and he shooed me away from him as he scarfed down his food. I left the room and decided to go to my room to get my iPhone out. I put my iPod on my iHome and let it play on shuffle. I got the piece of paper out of my pocket and stored the boys numbers onto my iPhone.

From: Layla

Hey, it's Layla.

I texted all three of them the same message. My phone beeped indicating that I had a new text. It didn't surprise me who texted me first.

From: Joe

Hey girly! Did you text Nick and Kevin?

I giggled, he wanted to make sure I texted his bros too. Awe how sweet.

From: Layla

Yeah I did. :)

I hit sent. As I realized someone else had texted me as I was texting Joe back.

From: Kevin

Heyyy! (: What's up?!

I giggled. Kevin seemed like he was the bubbly type of guy.

From: Layla

Not alot just texting you and Joe! You? :)

I kept texting Kevin and Joe back and forth for the next 30 minutes. Then I noticed that Nick hasn't even text me back. Joe told me that Nick was outside. So, I looked out my window to see a figure out near the tree where I kicked earlier when I met Joe.

I opened my window slightly climbing out of it and jumping as quietly as possible. I walked up to him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him curiously. He smiled at me.

"I wanted to show you something, if that's okay?" He asked as he stood up straight because he was leaning against the tree. I looked at him and nodded as we started walking.

"I saw you, yesterday." He said suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"When I was singing in church, I saw you looking outside the doors." He said smiling at me putting his hands in his pocket.

"Oh, that's who you were. Yeah, I was curious so I looked inside and saw you singing. By the way, that song was beautiful." I told him. He looked at me with a smile on his face again.

"Thanks that song was written when I was a kid. I wrote it." He told me. I looked at him as we continued to walk to where ever it was he wanted to show me. "Wow, you wrote that beautiful song a long time ago?" I asked in disbelief. He nodded his head.

"Yeah, I sang a lot in that church a long time ago, so did my brothers. We loved singing for the church." He said.

"That's pretty cool." I told him honestly.He nodded and kept his hands in his pockets. "Here it is." He said showing me this big meadow. I stared at it in awe. It was an open field meadow, it was beautiful. I looked at him smiling. "I bet I can beat you to that tree over there." I challenged him. "Your so on!" He said accepting my challenge.

"Okay, we'll go at 3. 1, 2, 3!" I yelled as I began running as fast as I could with him jogging behind me. I was already half way there. I beat him. "Haha, I win!" I said victorious. "Next time, you won't be so lucky." He said as he started catching his breath. I decided to lay in the meadow and look at the sky.

The sky looked beautiful at this time of the day. It was a dark orange with a hint of pink tinge to it. Nick laid down beside me as we both looked at the clouds that moved.

"You know, I could get used to this place." I stated honestly.

He looked at me and then back at the sky. "Yeah, Jersey has been our town for years, although I was born in Texas I always loved living here as well." He stated finally caught up with his breathing. I sighed. "I was born in Texas too. But, after my Mother died when I was a baby, my dad moved. He's moved every month ever since." I stated sighing. Nick then looked at me with a sorry look on his face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know your Mom died." He said looking at me.

"It's fine, I don't tell anyone about it really. It's always been in the back of my mind." I told him. He nodded then changing the subject, knowing that if we talked about it anymore that'd I end up sad. "So tell me about yourself." He said starting a new subject.

"What do you wanna know?" I asked him. "How old are you, whats your favorite color, favorite food, and favorite animal?" He asked all at once, I had to admit that was kinda cute.

"19, blue, Pepperoni Pizza, and cat. You?" I asked repeating all of his questions.

"18, blue, Steak, and dogs." He told me as I smiled. Well we both liked the same color which was good in my book.

We continued to get to know each other more before it got dark and we headed back. He helped me up in my window as I knew my dad had probably passed out from drinking all that beer. "Thanks." I said finally getting into my window. He smiled. "Your welcome. I'll see you tomorrow." He told me. I nodded. "Goodnight I told him before I closed the window.

I closed the curtains and got ready for bed. Once that was done I put my phone on the charge before I notice that I had a text message. I smiled as I read the text.

From: Nick

Night gorgeous. :)

He called me gorgeous, that helped me sleep tonight to know that I was beautiful to someone. I put my iPod on the iHome and put it on Coldplay all night as I slept and dreamed about Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, got the next chapter up. It's pretty long huh? I'm gonna start writing long chapters on this story. I also started another story on JBFFA do you want me to post it on here? Let me know if you do. :)

I really hope you guys are enjoying this story. I want to make perfect for you guys. :)

-K