I Wish I Could Be the One

Getting to know me...

I’m known as Bree Berry; and yeah, I know it’s sounds funny. My parents had some interesting humor. I grew up with them and my older (by a year) twin brothers Matt and Jason (or JB) in Huntington Beach, along with our best friends;

Valary DiBenedetto, or just Val – I love her to death, she should have been my own sister, she is my best-est of friends, and has been Shads’ “wife” since the 2nd grade. (Of course, my feelings for Val’s twin sister, Michelle, are a “tad” different…but you’ll hear all about that later, I’m sure… ;)

Then, there is the aforementioned, Matt Sanders – aka; M. Shadows…just Shads to me…short and sweet, and no confusion with my brother.

And of course there’s my maniac, partner-in-crime, Jimmy Sullivan – aka; the Rev.

Then we have Brian Haner – aka; Synyster “fucking” Gates. I usually call him Hanes or Gates – depending on what mood I’m in…or what mood he’s in actually. See…the history here is that I always seem to be in the “little school girl love crush” mode when he’s around, and unfortunately for me, it’s been that way since we were very young…the unfortunate part is that; not only has he been well aware of my worship for years, but everyone else we know is abundantly familiar with my feelings for him. It has been the butt of many a teasing session from my brothers…and of course there is the tiny fact that the feelings do not always seem to be mutual for Hanes and me. And he always has this nasty little habit of getting me to cater to every last one of his whims. I guess I brought it all on myself, from way back…at least that’s what I keep telling myself anyway. Wouldn’t want to blame him for any of it now would I?

As time went by, our little group would grow to include my best buddy, Mr. Zachary Baker – aka; Zacky Vengeance and the always crazy, Jonathan Seward – aka Johnny Christ. The latter two rounded out the 5-member alter ego band…Avenged Sevenfold.

We were quite the crew, always raising hell and having fun…I wouldn’t have wanted to grow up any other way…of course…I’m sure most of our parents feel a little differently on that subject. My and my brother’s parents definitely had their hands full; to say the least, and I don’t envy them by any means. Between the tattoos, piercings and arrests that the three of us racked up over the years…I’m surprised the ‘rents aren’t in the loony bin by now. God’s plans have a funny way of coming back around to you though, so I’m sure after what I’ve done…if I ever have children…I’ll be begging to be committed before their 10th birthdays. The one thing that I was sure would send our parents hurtling over the edge is when my brothers and I decided our buddies needed our support out on the band’s many road trips…

These trips never really consisted of anything that one could misconstrue as comfortable, easy, or healthy for that matter…but damn…we always had fun.

Until…