I Wish I Could Be the One

Recognizance mission…

“Val, where the hell have you been?” I started, but stopped as soon as I saw the look on her face.

“Bree listen, we’ve got to talk…”

“I know, Val, I’m sorry I was such a friggin’ bitch to you back there. You really didn’t deserve it Chica. I was just really hurt and…I don’t know…surprised I guess. Because your little pep talk had nothing to do with the fact that I actually thought some fucking lightning bolt was going to come down and strike Gates in the head or something. And before you say anything, I know…I had been living in fantasyland, obviously. But I won’t ever make that mistake again, and I won’t ever take my frustration out on you like that again, I promise. Because you didn’t deserve it…and I’m really sorry…and because…well…YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT on all other counts! I’ve sold A TON of shit already, and we are totally going to have to order more shirts! Can you freakin’ believe this worked? You’re a friggin’ genius, Val…not an ‘original’ genius, but an A7X genius all the same!” By the time I was done my spiel, I was squealing like a little girl and squeezing the life out of my poor little Valary. She just giggled and tried to hug me back, as best she could.

“Ok, ok…now I really can’t breathe and I think we’re attracting a lot of attention…” Val managed to get out, as I released her from my death grip. “But, we still need to talk…about, OTHER stuff.”

“Alright, well come back to the van with me to grab another load…we’ll walk and talk, Chica, if that’s what you want.” Val had a weird look on her face, so I was a little hesitant as I said this.

Val caught on to my questioning look and tried to reassure me right away. “Oh, no-no, Babe…I just spent the last 20 minutes holed up in that room with our boys…and was able to extract some…pertinent information…now let’s go grab that stuff…” Val said as she locked her arm in mine.

“Berry, you’re going to find this very interesting…”