Status: Completed. Read the seuqel! <3

I Can't Believe, I'm Actually Meant to Be Here!

"Good for you, Mr. Comfortable."

***Next week, Scarlet's birthday, Ronnie's POV***

I laid wide awake in my bunk, thinking about today. It was Scar's birthday, and Derek had convinced me finally to tell her about my mushy feelings towards her. I still wasn't 100 percent sure if I was ready (or willing) to do so, but.....gotta do it sometime, right?

I thought I was just seeing things, because it was dark in my bunk, but I laughed quietly when I realized someone was poking the curtain to my bunk. I peek out and smiled at Scar, who was sitting right in front of my bunk.

"You knew I was awake?" I chuckled as she slid in, closing the curtain back. She nodded as she cuddled up to me, burying her head in my chest.

"I could just tell." She murmured. I smiled and kissed her messy bedhead. "Happy birthday, babygirl." I could feel her smile into my chest, and cuddle closer to me when I wrapped an arm around her.

"Whadya get me?" She whispered. I chuckled again and shook my head at her.

"Got you a sticky note that says "IOU" on it." She lifted her head and narrowed her eyes at me. I smirked and shrugged.

"Better have got me something sparkly." She grumbled, diving her head back into my chest.

"Or shiny?" I laughed.

"Damn right."

We laid there for a few minutes in silence, and I'm pretty sure she was falling back asleep, as her breathing started evening out and getting heavier.

"Scar?" I whispered.

"Mm?" I barely heard her.

"I love you. A lot."

"I love you too, honey." I felt her kiss my chest and I smiled. I wanted to spit it out right then and there. I just wanted to get it over with now, so the nervousness and anxiety didn't have a chance to eat away at me all day.

"I wanna ask you something." I mumbled in her ear.

"Hm?"

"You know how some people...who are best friends, and they make a promise...that by the time they hit...let's say 30, and they're not with anyone, or married or anything, they marry each other?"

"Mm-hm." I was surprised she didn't freeze up and look at me weird, like she usually does if I bring up something unusual like this.

".....Would you do that with me?" I bit my lip and waited for her reply.

".....You want the truth or you want me to lie?" Her voice came out a little louder. I frowned, but wiped it off my face as I pulled away a little and looked down at her, putting on a smirk.

"You don't wanna marry my sexy ass?" She laughed quietly and shook her head.

"It wouldn't work." I furrowed my brows together. "How do you know?"

"We're exactly the same." She yawned. I blinked and stared at her. "Isn't that a good thing...?"

"We're both assholes, Ronnie." She chuckled. "We both have huge tempers. We both get jealous easily. We're both nosy. We're both hotheads. You have a huge ego. We bo-"

"Hey!" I exclaimed. She snickered and continued. "We both.....are, to put it simply, genitals."

"Say what now?" My eyes widened, not knowing what the hell she meant.

"You're a dick, and I'm a cunt." A smirk quickly appeared on her face. I laughed and shoved her lightly.

"We'd both kill each other in our first year of marriage, we'd drive each other crazy."

"We already do." I grumbled.

"Exactly. That's why we could NEVER be in a relationship. We're not compatible."

I lifted my arm up to scratch my head, but I only did it to hide the frown on my face. She's basically telling me it'll never happen. Not in a million years, will we ever have a chance together as a couple.

"I think we're compatible." I stated.

"On what planet?" I rolled my eyes. I stared at the ceiling, or, rather, the bottom of the bunk above me.

"You wouldn't ever want to try it out?"

"I could never risk what we have, Ronnie." I looked over at her.

"We've risked it plenty of times, doll. And we're closer than ever." She shrugged, her eyes not fixating on me. "Why are you nervous?"

"I'm not." She yawned again

"Yeah you are. You won't even look at me."

"Well this is kind of an awkward subject, OK?"

"I don't think it's awkward."

"Well of course not. You just walk around the bus or the house naked. Nothing is awkward for you." I let out a louder laugh. "I'm just comfortable."

"Well," She sighed, ripping open the curtain and swinging her legs out of the bunk. "good for you, Mr. Comfortable." I snickered and stretched a little before following after Scar.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I jumped a little when I heard the guys scream this as she opened the door to let us out of the bunk area.

"You guysss!" She laughed. I smiled and laughed also as I saw Ryan holding a plate with three chocolate-chip pancakes stacked on it, a single black candle poked right in the center.

"Make a wish!" Mika exclaimed. She giggled and closed her eyes for a second before blowing out the candle. "Now gimme mah pancakeys!" She snatched the plate and kissed all the boys on the cheek, thanking them.

"I wanna bite!" I whined, running after her as she plopped down at the table, digging in.

"Here, we had an extra pancake." I turned around only to have a flying pancake slap me right in the face. Luckily, I caught it.

"Thanks!" I grinned and took a bite of the pancake.

"So what're we doing tonight?! Where're we going?!" Derek exclaimed, shaking Scar's shoulders from behind, making her laugh.

"You guys have a show tonight."

"I meant after the show, dingbat." He sighed. She shrugged.

"Whatever you guys wanna do."

"What do you mean whatever we wanna do?! It's your birthday!" I exclaimed through pancake.

"Okay, how about this; can I have one day without hearing, "Scar where's the setlist?" "Scar what time's soundcheck?!" "Scar have you seen the pack of strings I just bought for my guitar?" "Scar where's my lucky pick?!?" "Scar what time do we go on?!" "Scar what time's the meet and greet?!?" "SCAR!! SCAR?!? SCAR!!!" every 5 minutes?" All of us laughed loudly as she flailed around and imitated us perfectly.

"Well then how're we gonna know all of that stuff for today?!" Ryan gasped.

"Figure it out yourselfths for onceth." She mumbled through her breakfast.

"Alright, we'll try." Derek smiled.

"No promises!" I exclaimed. She laughed and shook her head at all of us. I sneakily motioned for Derek to step outside with me to smoke a cigarette, casually walking out. About a minute later he joined me.

"So, just as like, a little...hint, I guess, I asked Scar something this morning, when she crawled into my bunk with me." Derek lit up his cigarette and nodded.

"You know how people who've known each other for a long time say, "If by the time we're both 30 and we're not in any sort of relationship, let's get married"?" Derek looked at me and nodded. "What'd she say?"

"Said it'd never work out, and we're not "compatible"." He frowned at me. "Shit, dude...she really isn't interested."

"No shit." I spat, inhaling my death stick.

"Are you still gonna go through with tonight?" I looked at him and shrugged.

"I really don't know anymore. It's like, why bother? She's made it crystal clear we'll never be anything more than friends, why do it?"

"I still think you should give it a shot. I honestly think she'll change her mind after tonight."

"Well, we're gonna find out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dis ess two parter...numbah two to two parter might be poshted tewnight...hmmm...

if I get enough comments, that is. ;)

(Thanks to Jacey and Katie for commenting yesterday <3)