Status: Writing!

She'll Be The Death Of Me

You Can Throw Away That Key

"John," Nick said as he held his hand out for a handshake.

John nodded his head and gripped his hand firmly. "Nick."

John let go of his hand and raised his eyebrow at him. "Thanks for watching J and Dais."

"Not a problem. I should, uh, probably get going," Nick said grabbing his jacket off of the couch. The awkward tension in the room was building up by the second, and he didn't want to stick around to see what its limit was. "I'm glad you guys are back together, in all seriousness."

John smiled slightly and nodded his head in approval. "I appreciate that, Santino. Keep in touch?"

Nick smirked. "Of course." He was out the door in a second.

"You aren't mad?" Shay asked softly when she heard the door shut.

John squinted his eyes. "Why would I be?"

Shay sat down on the couch and sighed. "Well, I mean, Nick was here and..."

John took a seat next to her and draped his arm around her shoulders. "It's all done. I care about you, Shay. You're here with me and that's all." He smiled and kissed her lips.

"You know that what I did was stupid, right? Because I do. I mean what was I thinking? You're everything I ask for, and so much more. Okay, you made a mistake. But so did I. A bunch of times. And you might have treated me bad a few times, but I forgot about all the times you made me feel like a princess. And I treated you awful too, and well, I don't think I've made up for those times yet. I love you, John." She rested her head on his shoulder gently.

"You know I love you." John sighed. He looked over at Daisy sleeping soundly on the couch beside him. He lifted her up into his arms and smiled before kissing her forehead. When he did so, her eyes fluttered open so beautifully and she began to coo.

"Daddy," she burped. John's eyes widened and he looked over to see Shay with the same expression on her face.

"That was her first word," Shay said as she kissed Daisy's forehead.

The baby smiled and shut her eyes before drifting off to sleep in her father's arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Little J had stayed in his room the whole time that John was home. He refused to talk to his father, because he was still holding that same childish grudge.

John was downstairs watching a baseball game and drinking coffee, for a change, when he heard those familiar pitter-patter footsteps. He smiled when he saw JJ sit down on the couch opposite to him.

JJ saw his dad smiling and sent a cold stare back at him before crossing his arms and pouting.

John shook his head and continued to watch the game.

"Daddy, why did you have to leave me?" JJ whispered after a couple of minutes.

John sighed. "Mommy got mad at me because I mad a bad, bad mistake and asked me to leave."

"But you could've come to visit me!" he whined.

"You know I would have, J. But mommy didn't want me here at all."

"I missed you, daddy. I couldn't sleep when you were gone. Mommy can't sing as good as you can."

John laughed slightly at the irony. Shay had the voice of an angel. "It's okay, Little J. I'm here now, and I'll sing to you every night. How about I write you a new song? Just for you?"

JJ's mouth formed an 'o' as he gasped excitedly. "Yes, daddy!" He jumped up from his seat and sat on John's lap. "I love you, daddy. I love you so much!"

John grinned and kissed his forehead. "Little J, I love you more than you will ever know."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

John walked into the hospital room with Daisy in one arm and JJ in the other, and Shay right by his side.

"Surprise!" JJ yelled as he threw his arms in the air.

Kennedy's and Gabi's eyes lit up. "Hey, looky here! The O'Callaghan clan!" Kennedy exclaimed.

"Where's Kayella?" Little J cooed.

"She's right here, Little J," Gabi said as she stroked the baby girl's head.

JJ gasped and awed over the girl. "She's so pretty, Aunt Gabi! Just like you!"

Gabi blushed at the little boy's flattery.

"She's adorable!" Shay cooed. The little girl had dark brown hair that was thin and curly, and porcelain skin. Her eyes were obviously Kennedy's; they were that piercing brown with flecks of gold. She was beautiful.

Kennedy chuckled. "I hope I don't have to fend off too many boys in 10 years..."

John shook his head. "I'll let you know how that goes down with Daisy."

Shay smirked. "You might need to be watching JJ. You know how he is with girls! Throwing compliments around..."

Gabi laughed. "I hope Kayella ends up with someone just like Kennedy, because I would never have to worry about her."

Kennedy blushed. "I love you, Gabs."

"I love you, Kenny Ken."

"Kenny Ken?" John snorted.

"Shut up, Johnny Boy!" Shay retorted.

Everyone erupted into laughs. It was perfect. Just like everything's always meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one's finished! It's not the best ending, but you'll appreciate the sequel (;
Any last thoughts?
I'm also going to start a new story. I need suggestions for the characters! So far, I've heard another John story and an Austin Gibbs one. Anyone else?
Thank you all so much for sticking through this one with me! I appreciate every single one of you sososo much! Keep an eye out for the sequel (;