Status: RIP Ryan Dunn

Barrowed Time - Completed

Tiney Heart Beats and Goodbye Kisses

~ Three Months After The Marriage ~
I sat pacing thebedroom I shared with my husband. Why was I so worried? It's not like she was young, or had no where to go. I had a husband who loved me dearly, a good life, a steady job that Ryan insisted constantly that I didn't need. So why was there a not in the pit of my stomach that got worse as I heard my garage door open and close. As those familiar footsteps sounded on my stairs I sat on the edge of the tub with my hands in my head. I'd had my suspicions, but thinking you know something, and actually knowing it are two different things.
"Babe, what's wrong?" Ryan's voice came from the doorway to the bathroom.
I said nothing as a beep sounded from the timer sitting on the counter. Getting up I walked over to the sink to see two pink lines before looking at my husband
"Ryan I'm pregnant." I whispered looking down at the fifth test I'd taken that day.
"Wait. Can you repeat that?" he asked coming over to look at the test that still sat in our sink.
"I'm pregnant."
"So we're having a baby?"
"Yea that's pretty much what I'm pregnant means Ry."
"That's wonderful!" he exclaimed lifting me up and spinning me.
In that moment I realzied that I was never worried about how Ryan would react. I should have known he would be ecstatic. After all we'd talked about having kids in the future; so the future was a little closer to the present then we had planed. In fact I wasn't really worried at all. I had completely misjudged the emotion. I was more scared. Not of what would happen of course. I have a husband who loves me, a wonderful home, and the greatest support system. What terrified me was the amount of control in my hands. What I was scared of was the fact that I was now entirely responsible for another life. There was a little person growing inside me, with a tiny little heart beat. My only hope was that I would be ready for the adventure that awaited us.
~ Nine Months Later ~
The nursery Ryan had come up with for the baby was amazing. I glanced around it with our son in my arms in awe. Ryan had done it all himself. This was the first time I was seeing it as he'd said he wanted to surprise me.
"You did amazing babe." I smiled up at my husband.
"I knew you'd like it." he smiled
"What do you think? I asked my son who slept in my arms.
"I think he's too small to care." Kellz laughed walking into the nursery and plopping down on the couch with her husband Bam.
"What did you name him?" Jess asked sitting next to his younger brother who beamed proudly at the question.
"Matthew Brandon Dunn" Ryan smiled glancing at his long time best friend.
"Why am I not surprised" Jess laughed.
"You laugh them up now Jess, I'm naming the next one Jessica Kelly after you and Kellz." I laughed as my long time friend's eyes narrowed.
"I hate you" he smiled
"Feeling's mutual" I joked placing my son in his crib.
"Lets wait a while before we have another one okay?" Ryan laughed wrapping his arms around me.
"Oh no you still owe me a little girl Mr." I joked turning around and kissing him.
"Whatever you say"
~ Four Years Later ( this is after Jackass 3D was filmed hit theaters) ~
"Matthew will you come down here please!" I called up to my son.
"Yes mommy?" he asked
"Go run outside and give this to your uncle Bam." I said handing him a cell phone.
"Yes ma'am." Matt replied running out of my house nearly trampling his father on the way out.
"Whoa, slow down champ!" Ryan laughed as his son rushed out to the car that held our two childhood best friends.
"Can you believe Abagail is already two?" he asked.
"No more than I can believe that Matt is four, or that in a few more days we're going to find out if baby number two is going to be Matt's baby brother or baby sister." I smiled kissing my husband.
"I WANT A BABY BROTHER!" Matt exclaimed walking back into the house with a determined look on his face.
"Okay buddy." Ryan laughed picking up our sn.
"You gonna be good for Daddy while he's gone tonight?" he asked.
"Yes sir." Matt replied.
"That's my boy. Take care of your mommy for me." Ryan said kissing Matt before wrapping me in his arms.
"I love you" he told me kissing me.
"Come home to me safe." I whispered as we let go.
"I promise." he smiled before ruffling our son's hair and walking out the door to his car.
~ A Few Hours Later (Around Midnight) ~
I sat up in my bed after a nightmare. In the dream I was standing on the side of the road where a picture of Ryan was posted with a little girl in my arms and Matthew hugging my legs as I tried to comfort the both of them threw my own tears. Then Bam, and Kelly came over with Abby all three crying, telling me how sorry they were for my loss. I got out of bed and walked over to my sons room to see him sleeping peacefully, before I walked down stairs to see if I could find my husband. When I realized he wasn't home I called his cell phone. I knew it was just a dream, but I wanted to hear his voice. I wanted to know he was okay. The call went to voice mail and my stomach twisted into a knot of worry.
"It's just a dream, just a bad dream." I whispered to myself dialing the number again only to get voice mail. I don't know how long I sat up redialing the number over and over again like a mad woman only to get a voice mail each time.
Then finally the home phone rang
Spoiler Alert
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the readers :D
Extra thanks to the 12 people who have subscribed to this story.
And MAJOR EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO MrsBenjiMadden mysticgrl28 crys Cowboy 3 Tears and RCV for being amazing and commenting on the story. Your comments mean the world to me!
Only one more chapter left guys