Status: Had some setbacks so I stopped writing for awhile, I'm picking it back up though.

Just an Ordinary Girl

November 2010

Dear World,

This week has been crazy and I haven’t had time to write. I’m still trying to write everyday but it’ll take a while before I’m able to successfully achieve my goal. Well, I’ll just do an overview of the last week or so.

The rest of my week from the 18th to the 22nd was normal. This means, school, mass, and boring weekend. I did go to part one of the seventh Harry Potter movie, and I must say it was awesome. I should mention that the prezi was a (insert bad word here) but we got through it.
On the 23rd, I went to school, slightly excited, the last day before Thanksgiving break. I got up did my usual routine, and went to school. When I got to school, I had to put all my stuff in my locker because my mom was going to some conference thing. I carefully placed my backpack and coat, on the top shelf of my locker, after unloading it. I went to my first class, Honors World History with Mrs. Lienz, and took a stupid pointless quiz. Afterwards, I went to Honors World Literature with Mrs. Hay, and half listened to her talk about Dante’s Inferno. She said that most people want to know about the Inferno but not many people want to know about the Paradisio or the Purgatorio. I, personally, don’t care about hell; I want to know what Heaven and Purgatory will be like, you know? Or maybe I’m just weird like that. I left second period wondering why people would want to know what hell is like. I went into CAD class and saw Mr. Howard working on his computer. I walked up to him and told him I would be leaving class early to go to choir. Class starts and I get distracted, I print my project and glance up at the clock, its five minutes past when I was supposed to leave. I quickly tell Mr. Howard that I’m leaving and slip out the back door, James sees me leaving and leaves out the front door, he’s in choir too.

I walk down the hall to my locker and dump my book into it and leave for the gym. I get to the gym and I know I’m late. I end up sitting in the back next to some junior girls with the small section of guys in front of us, including James. We practice for a while, then mass starts.

After mass, I leave the gym and go to my locker, grabbing my books for chemistry, my only non-honors class. I hurry to chemistry and end up being the first one there. I sat in my desk, which is conveniently in the back row. I sat and waited for the bell to ring. When it did, Mrs. Ways started telling us about that we would be working on our homework for Monday instead of taking a quiz. I was glad that I didn’t have to take the quiz but bummed that I was going to have homework over the break. I started working on it and was unable to finish before the bell rang, signaling us to go to fifth period.

I went to Honors Algebra and smiled at Mrs. Canicale, my teacher, as I walked in. Today would be a pointless class; we weren’t going to be learning anything. I sat on the floor next to my desk and Leah Kendle came and sat next to me as usual. She had brought with her a book. We started talking about the book and ended up opening it to random pages and finding something bad on each page, it was really funny. Next, I went to lunch. Then, I went to Honors Religion, Mr. Mangey, the teacher, greeted everyone as we entered taking our seats. Class flew by and before I knew it I was headed to pottery.

I entered the pottery room to see Mrs. Williams standing in front of a TV on wheels, I internally groaned, videos in pottery class are always stupid. I took my seat on a stool in between Leah Sona and Cameron K-J. We listened as Mrs. Williams explained that she was going to question us orally after the video, and then she pressed play and sat down at her desk. At first I listened to the narrator blab on and on about gargoyles but it just got too boring. I turned to Leah S and we started whispering. Our pottery class was a mix of sophomores and seniors with one unlucky junior. None of us were paying attention and even Cam joined me and Leah’s conversation. Mrs. Williams told everyone to be quiet and so we just whispered in a sneakier manner. Shannon Walz, a senior, took a damp sponge and wrote the word movies on the dirty table, and then she put a circle around it and a slash through it. When she had finished the entire class burst out laughing. Mrs. Williams simply gave the class a confused look and went back to what she was doing. A few minutes later, the video was over and Mrs. Williams quizzed us. I totally blanked out on the answer when she got to me but luckily one of my friends was able to help me out. Mrs. Williams finished quizzing us and let us talk freely. During this time, I somehow got into an argument with Cam about ghosts and God. The bell rang and I stormed out angry that she was questioning my faith.
I rushed to my locker and grabbed my Spanish stuff and hurried off to Honors Spanish II-III with Mr. Mecina, who was going to be gone today. I wondered who the sub was going to be. I entered the room and saw that Leah S was already there. I walked over to her and we talked about how ridiculous Cam had been. Sometimes Cam gets me really annoyed, today she definitely did. Mrs. Lienz entered the room to be our sub and I just looked at Leah and rolled my eyes causing her to laugh silently. It was a funny Spanish class, in which kids asked to go to the bathroom but really went to Mrs. Sels Spanish class, she was our freshman Spanish teacher. After ten minutes of waiting, Mrs. Lienz went looking for the missing students and the remainder of the class just laughed. Finally, we went over our homework and did some practice stuff for our test Monday. The afternoon announcements came on as we were correcting one of the worksheets.

When the bell rang, I grabbed my stuff and left for my locker. I arrived at my locker and packed my backpack. I left my backpack in my locker and went to ask Mrs. Canicale about a math problem. I finally understood the problem and handed in my homework, leaving her alone.
I went back to my locker and grabbed my backpack. I took my stuff to the stage for color guard practice. When I arrived on the stage, I put my backpack down and pulled out my science homework. I started working on it, having told Celena Ames that I wasn’t going to practice because it was just a practice to get Janet caught up and because Anna, our captain, wasn’t there. Celena had told me that that was fine. As it turned out, Janet was sick again and wasn’t coming. Emerald, or Emmy as we call her, said we should practice anyway. I stood up, grabbed my flag and streamer, deciding that I would go through the routine twice and go back to my homework. I went through the routine with Keely, Jessica, and Emmy twice and then I went to put my stuff away. Emmy, however, got mad at me and said that we were going to practice again and this time we had to smile. I rolled my eyes and kept doing my homework. Emmy can be so stupid sometimes. I specifically remember that Anna said Celena was in charge, not Emmy.

A few minutes later, Celena arrived from work-study. She and Emmy spoke and the decided that we would practice the polls, however Emmy was still opposed to it as we got out the polls. I messed around with mine and didn’t practice because Emmy was being a (insert bad word here) and I didn’t care what she wanted. Celena had to go back to work study and I decided that practice was over and I started folding up flags and streamers. I got the freshmen, Keely and Jessica, to help me.

We took the stuff to the music room and put it away. I went back to the stage with Keely and grabbed my stuff. Emmy looked at me and said I don’t appreciate your attitude, as soon as she was out of sight Keely and I laughed rolling our eyes at her stupidity. We left the stage and entered the commons/cafeteria. Keely went and sat with her freshman friends. I looked around for a while and finally took a seat alone at a table that faced away from the stupid dance team. I worked on my science notes, while waiting for my mom to pick me up. I finally finished them as she texted me of her arrival. I took my science book and notebook and put them in my locker, accidently leaving my coat in there. I didn’t care though because it was only half of my coat.

I grabbed my backpack and lunch box from the table I left them at and went out to my mom’s car. I tossed my stuff on the back seat. I climbed into the front seat and sat down. My mom and I talked about her conference thing on the way home. When I got home I lay down on my bed and started reading the seventh Harry Potter book for the second time. I’ve forgotten so much.

Love,

Melissa Kinly
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?