Status: just getting started :)

A Pirate's Life for Her

Chapter 3

It was a jolly night at the Velvet Horizon. All the crew was drinking, eating and passing on the pieces o’ eight they stole from the Royal ship. They were on the deck, dancing and running from side to side.
Maeve stabbed a salted piece of meat with her silver dagger and took a big bite. “Arr, mateys we’re with profit today!” she shouted and the crew roared with laughter and songs once again.
She smiled, the pirate’s life was just for her. She took a big gulp from her rum and lay on her back on the side of the deck.
The stars were so bright, the moon was full. Maeve pressed the rum bottle to her lips and let the drink slide down her throat and ooze away from the side of her lips.
She was going to get hammered tonight for sure, like every other. She closed her eyes with the peace that listening to her jolly crew brought. But as soon as she closed her eyes, she opened them with a thumping sound from the dungeons.
She got up , crashed the rum bottle on the floor and groaned in anger. The crew didn’t even care, they were too drunk and singing too loudly. She took out her pistol as she walked to the dungeons, opened the doors jumped down in there and closed the doors behind her.
“OH, thank the good Lord, someone heard me. I am very very hungry and thirsty and I reckon that you filthy pira- oh well, you men are eating and drinking up there?” said Landon, trying to get out of the ropes tying him to a mast.
Maeve sighed and put her pistol back to her belt. A hungry and thirsty and very gorgeous prince. The last thing she needed.
Landon looked up at her with eyes full of expectation. Maeve sat down beside him and took out her dagger, she stabbed it on the floor then said; “Look, Landon , am i right, it was Landon? Not that I care, but you are our prisoner and that means we treat yah like a prisoner!”.
Landon nodded silently and looked down, “Of course, m’lady, I understand. But I thought I was a part of the crew now, until i’m saved?”
“Ah..” moaned Maeve sickened, those royals and the way they talked so ‘pretty’.
“You look very tired, Cap’n.” Said Landon. Maeve lay down once again, this time on the dungeon floor. “I am, Landon, so shut your bloody mouth because i won’t move my arse from here.”
“A lady pirate...That is quite unusual, have you ever thought of leaving this ship and having a steady life?”
“The only thing steady in my life is the rudder.”
“No, i respect your love of the sea but you are a woman.”
Maeve shook herself and asked angrily, “So what? You dog, so what if i am a woman? Don’t tell me woman bring bad luck on deck!”.
“Oh no, you got me wrong, i certainly don-“
“We agreed on you shutting your slimy mouth, eh? Do so!”.
“M’lady-“
“Well you son of a biscuit eater, you’re a slave, you listen to me and me only and tonight, and there is no food for yah’. Check the bloody floor though; there might be some flesh for you to eat.”
“You understood me wrong, I-“
“Avast! If you don’t want my black spot on yah’ shut your mouth.” Maeve yelled and started to walk to her cabin. That landlubber was messing with her head, and it ain’t pretty.
♠ ♠ ♠
please DO comment and keep reading :)