One shots and others wonders

Lucky golden star

I watched as my little boy slept in my arms as I looked out the window onto the lake. The sun was beginning to set and I worried he would never come home again. We are so young and his basic training is coming to an end. He would be leaving me soon.I wondered how long we would be apart, how long until he was able to see his son again. having Gage was a blessing, He was overjoyed that day.

I set Gage down in the crib and walked back to the living room to watch the sun set. I remember once we sat on the deck outside the entire night watching the sun go down laying in each others arms. He was everything I wanted him to be, except it all came crashing down on me. He met some girl in a bar right before Gage was born, He never brought her around because he knew I would kick him out. He tried to make up for his mistakes but nothing could be done to save us. After Gage was born he moved out leaving me and a new born alone. \

Looking back on all the memories we shared over the years I never thought I would see us like this. Broken hearted and alone. She left him not too long ago.But never came back. I wondered if he was alright or if he is safe at night. They all knew we where in love but I guess he fell out of love.

I found myself laying in bed most nights wondering or listening for Gage to cry, he was a good baby, He looked like his father and a little like me. I wonder what type of man he will be.
The days passed and still no word from the basic training. I began to get worried that he just forgot about me and took off with the army without saying goodbye to his son. I promised to send him pictures of Gage through the months for four years.

Gage is three months old today and His father isn't here to see him. All I wanted to do was cry because I loved him so much and wanted him around his son. A knock came at the door, I picked up my son and headed to answer it. To my surprise it was him

"Hello I thought I'd come and see you both before I left" He was in uniform and looked hansom. I smiled and allowed him inside, I watched Gage smile as they sat together. They has a close bond.

After an hour, he got up and headed for the door "Macy I have to go, I love you. Be good" I smiled with tears in my eyes. I didn't want him to go "Not yet, can't you stay a little longer" Dan shook his head no I gave him a tight hug as he headed for the door "Take this to remember me so we can start fresh when I return home" He handed me a ring an engagement ring. "I love you" He kissed me and headed out. That's the last time I seen him.

Now four years later we stand in front of everyone we know about to be married "You may kiss the bride" It's the happiest day of my life.